Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2021, 08:53 AM   #13081
HIPO
Al

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Have seen some interesting Whistleblower vids of late on big pharma & particularly Phitzer.

Also now aware of just how many of these pharma companys, have directors that also sit on the board of the major MSM's.

Another story from my foil cap? No, do your research?
2 users like this post:
Old 02-08-2021, 09:11 AM   #13082
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Ubers are classified as essential workers. Some people rely on uber and taxis to get to their own essential work or even just to do groceries.

When someone makes a booking it's done through an app, the purpose of travel is not include. These sobs risk spreading the disease because they can't not have a **** up on a weekend? Gtfo. They deserve to be slammed up. Imho of course.
I like your posts, and Citroënbenders too, just by using my highly evolved intuition, which is really another name for empathy, or compassion I can tell that Citroënbender has a story to tell, probably a shocking story from his families past, and your stories I find always positive and happy and helpful.

Am surprised at this last post of yours, it's not really you!..these kids now know absolutely nothing or zero about life, you must go back to when you were that age and realise that we all partied but on Stones Green Ginger wine, but we never worried about things like Covid-19 and jobs too could be had just for the asking.

Take it easy on the kids, they don't know what we older folk know

Cheers Billy
This user likes this post:
Old 02-08-2021, 10:09 AM   #13083
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
I like your posts, and Citroënbenders too, just by using my highly evolved intuition, which is really another name for empathy, or compassion I can tell that Citroënbender has a story to tell, probably a shocking story from his families past, and your stories I find always positive and happy and helpful.

Am surprised at this last post of yours, it's not really you!..these kids now know absolutely nothing or zero about life, you must go back to when you were that age and realise that we all partied but on Stones Green Ginger wine, but we never worried about things like Covid-19 and jobs too could be had just for the asking.

Take it easy on the kids, they don't know what we older folk know

Cheers Billy
These actions have the real potential to spread the disease, people end up in hospitals and some die. Businesses are shut. People lose their jobs and livelihoods.

I have no empathy for these sobs whatsoever.
The announcement had only been made a few hours. It's not like they have been isolated for weeks.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 02-08-2021, 11:06 AM   #13084
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Venues NSW wants vaccine passports for live sport from 2022

Quote:
Australians will only be able to attend a major sporting event in Sydney from next year if they are vaccinated.

Vaccination passports will be a requirement to buy tickets for rugby league, AFL, cricket or any big events at major stadiums and suburban grounds.

Venues NSW will seek government approval for the plan in coming weeks.

Chairman Tony Shepherd told Ben Fordham it’s a “sensible approach”.

“Why should people who have been vaccinated be compromised by having to sit net to people who are unvaccinated?

“I’m not forcing people to get vaccinated … if they want to watch the cricket they can watch it on TV.”
https://www.2gb.com/venues-nsw-stand...ort-from-2022/
3 users like this post:
Old 02-08-2021, 11:10 AM   #13085
HIPO
Al

Another interesting vid in regards to covid etc.... an alleged recording of Aus. Fed. Police commisioner by a whistleblower...
Old 02-08-2021, 11:17 AM   #13086
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post

ain't this gonna stir the pot of the anti brigade.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
4 users like this post:
Old 02-08-2021, 11:20 AM   #13087
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post

I can see where this is heading. ​

Essentially, more and more exclusions will be introduced for the unvaccinated and it will end up with politicians saying, "We are not making people get vaccinated, but you will not be allowed out in public for non essential means unless you have a vaccination passport."

It will end up that you will have to carry it everywhere with the politicians bleating, "You will not have to carry your passport everywhere... you can get the app on your phone."
Old 02-08-2021, 11:25 AM   #13088
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
These actions have the real potential to spread the disease, people end up in hospitals and some die. Businesses are shut. People lose their jobs and livelihoods.

I have no empathy for these sobs whatsoever.
The announcement had only been made a few hours. It's not like they have been isolated for weeks.
Hello mate, yes I hear you, but I just have very fond memories of my growing up years, or becoming a man lol, but kids nowadays have a different kind of mindset, selfish, selfcentred etc, in my day the coppers give you a clip behind the ear and a big size 12 boot up the ****!.

No offence meant or implied!

Cheers Billy
Old 02-08-2021, 11:31 AM   #13089
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG2 View Post

Essentially, more and more exclusions will be introduced for the unvaccinated and it will end up with politicians saying, "We are not making people get vaccinated, but you will not be allowed out in public for non essential means unless you have a vaccination passport."

It will end up that you will have to carry it everywhere with the politicians bleating, "You will not have to carry your passport everywhere... you can get the app on your phone."
... and we'll track your movement every time you use the app but of course we'll only use the data for the intended purpose 'contact tracing' and we won't make the data available to any other branch of Government (unless of course we are asked to but only then if they have a really, really good reason) and we'll keep your data very secure - or at least as secure as we can manage (which based on our current track record, is probably marginally less secure that putting it in your kids money box) and we'll respect your privacy in accordance with the guidelines published somewhere hard to find that are full of exclusions.

Trust me, I'm from the Government.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 02-08-2021, 11:54 AM   #13090
hayseed

Sums It up Pretty well, I reckon..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_0zFEtPbiA
2 users like this post:
Old 02-08-2021, 11:55 AM   #13091
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metdevil View Post
Very interesting read, but just not possible in today's world. In 1918 very few had a car, or even travelled outside of their neighbourhood.

Populations are so much greater than 100 years ago. They pay lip service to this saying that use of cars and trains are "similar" in the two periods! They don't mention air travel. In 1918 there were 5.5 million cars in the US, 1 car to every 19 people, in 2020 there was 1 car to every 1.3 people or thereabouts. Not very similar at all..

Just our logistics networks alone would collapse trying to support the necessary shutdown. Empty shops would equal societal breakdown. What we have is so much better a result than this. Academics do not really look at the "what if" enough, they just seem to want to save everyone with their immediate issue, the negative results of what they create are just another academics issue to study.

2 users like this post:
Old 02-08-2021, 12:18 PM   #13092
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Was just looking at last week’s announcement again regarding the vax rate targets and the phases. Noticed that the vax rate is based on eligible adults, so this would mean those between 12 and 18 won’t be included even though they have been approved to get the jab.

Eligible – so does the gov have a count of all adults who are eligible and not eligible? What percentage of the whole adult population is eligible? I’ve seen some people on social media suggest that just getting 50-60% of the adult population vaccinated may actually get us to the targets, which means before end of the year could realistically be achieved.

Rides (past and present)
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

Old 02-08-2021, 12:22 PM   #13093
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG2 View Post

True but what options are there? I dont mind it, people still have a choice even if its a forced one (and thats a matter of perspective).

Business and society cant keep on locking down indefinitely. If we have vaccinated only events then you would think those places would then not need to worry about numbers, masks, spacing etc..the current system is a logistical nightmare and there are huge losses running at 50% capacity.

If people dont want the jab, fine, but just watch it on TV.

My concern is the backlash, look at France, sure they love a riot but its going to cause an even bigger rift than now.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 02-08-2021, 12:34 PM   #13094
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT August 1st 2021.

Note
: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

251 new cases for Australia and no deaths so the CMR is 2.688%.

3 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.905%.

The UK had a lower 24,139 cases yesterday and lower 65 deaths for a CMR of 2.206%.

A lower 54,030 new cases in the USA yesterday and lower 242 deaths sees CMR at 1.760%.

Other notable points: (weekend reporting)
Asia passes 900k deaths;

Kazakhstan (7,803);
Cuba (9,747); and
Japan (12,343);

... recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period and none drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 02-08-2021, 12:44 PM   #13095
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
Data valid as at 00:00 GMT August 1st 2021.

Note
: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

251 new cases for Australia and no deaths so the CMR is 2.688%.

3 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.905%.

The UK had a lower 24,139 cases yesterday and lower 65 deaths for a CMR of 2.206%.

A lower 54,030 new cases in the USA yesterday and lower 242 deaths sees CMR at 1.760%.

Other notable points: (weekend reporting)
Asia passes 900k deaths;

Kazakhstan (7,803);
Cuba (9,747); and
Japan (12,343);

... recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period and none drop below.
The CMR's over the last 6 months would be interesting. A lot of that early data was skewed due to huge numbers of cases not being diagnosed. Not asking you to do the work Russ, just stating that where it is at ongoing makes interesting numbers when looking at the risk/benefit of opening up, especially the CMR's from countries with over 50% vax rates.

Old 02-08-2021, 01:18 PM   #13096
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIPO View Post
Have seen some interesting Whistleblower vids of late on big pharma & particularly Phitzer.

Also now aware of just how many of these pharma companys, have directors that also sit on the board of the major MSM's.

Another story from my foil cap? No, do your research?
Plenty of videos from credible people advising of the risk of mRNA/Pfizer vaccines. But you're labeled a conspiracy nut job if you dare utter any bad-thoughts.

The world has decoupled itself from science/fact and is firmly in political spin, money making nonsense aided by a highly corrupt and complicit media.
4 users like this post:
Old 02-08-2021, 01:39 PM   #13097
lumen8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Another interesting vid in regards to covid etc.... an alleged recording of Aus. Fed. Police commisioner by a whistleblower...
Do you think that is his voice though? Some say it isnt.

It could just be a vigilante trying to gather police together who are against what is going on.

Or it could be a honeypot to identify such people.

Whatever the case, this is the stuff that ASIO and the fed police are there to stop... they are there to protect the government, so cant see much coming from that... other than arrests carried out on them (not by them)... and those people getting put on terror lists.

(yes ive watched the vid in its entirety on bitchute)
Old 02-08-2021, 01:53 PM   #13098
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Florida is going to be another place to watch. Despite having a new record of 21,683 cases in a single day yesterday their Governor (tipped to be a Presidential candidate next go round) has stated that there will be no lockdowns, restrictions or even compulsory masks based on his 'let the people decide' motto.

They had got down to below 2k cases / day through June and early July but case numbers have risen almost every day since 8th July with more than 110k cases in the last week alone.

To put that in perspective, their population is only 4M less than ours and I'd hate to even think what would happen here if we had > 20k cases a day.

They have been reasonably fortunate, for a State with such a high percentage of aged persons, to have a CMR that is down around 1.48% but they have just edged over 100 deaths / day and that is likely to worsen in the next few weeks.

I'm going to start watching that with the same methodology I'm using for the UK.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 02-08-2021, 02:11 PM   #13099
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
The CMR's over the last 6 months would be interesting. A lot of that early data was skewed due to huge numbers of cases not being diagnosed. Not asking you to do the work Russ, just stating that where it is at ongoing makes interesting numbers when looking at the risk/benefit of opening up, especially the CMR's from countries with over 50% vax rates.
I did post the global CMR's a few pages back but it's probably too early to get definitive data for high vax rate countries yet.

What I can say, from the UK analysis thus far, is that CMR appears to drop significantly as the UK has dropped from around 1.8% over the pandemic duration to 0.44% in the current wave.

I'm not sure that the UK is a great example for global assessment, if only because we know their methodology for counting COVID mortalities is flawed compared to the WHO recommendations but it is still an indicator given their methodology hasn't changed.

It's why Florida will be another useful litmus test. They are over 10M vaccinated which is 48% of the total population but well over 50% of the adult population and as they have abandoned all restrictions we can gauge how their CMR changes. I'll need another two weeks to accumulate enough data to draw any meaningful conclusions and I suspect that their methodology might also flawed given their overall CMR is only 1.48% despite the high percentage of 70+ in the population but the early data is suggesting that it has only fallen slightly but take that with a large grain of salt!

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 02-08-2021, 02:15 PM   #13100
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS

What if a vaxxed person spreads it to a un-vaxxed person? Which happens. Or are people only going to turn on the un-vaxxed because feelings?

You can see what is going to happen here, the high and mighty vaxxed will turn on the un-vaxxed from their high horses. But if they are vaxxed, why do they care if someone chooses not to? It's a personal choice.

I can see the authorities causing a great divide over this.
Old 02-08-2021, 02:17 PM   #13101
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

While data is up for discussion, I’m having trouble finding a running tally of NSW cases where isolation status is “under investigation”.

Every day we’re fed a number, but where can I see the resolved data? That’s assuming they don’t just sweep the unresolved cases into the wastebasket every night and let them be.
4 users like this post:
Old 02-08-2021, 03:21 PM   #13102
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
What if a vaxxed person spreads it to a un-vaxxed person? Which happens. Or are people only going to turn on the un-vaxxed because feelings?

You can see what is going to happen here, the high and mighty vaxxed will turn on the un-vaxxed from their high horses. But if they are vaxxed, why do they care if someone chooses not to? It's a personal choice.

It’s going to be an interesting next 6-12 months, Health passports open up some interesting future possibilities.

Outside of age which nobody beats, obesity is a leading co-morbidity for Covid mortality on US statistics, not to mention all the other related issues that block up our health system considering Australia has a similar problem with obesity rates.

Maybe we should be using a “Health” passport to guide more than just vaccination status.
Old 02-08-2021, 03:29 PM   #13103
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Health 'passports' for anything other than International travel are going to open up a whole range legal issues that will be wrangled about for the next decade or more unless the Government extends the current public health orders to include other classes of workers other than those already included.

It's a decidedly rocky road to head down but I'm sure some countries will try.

Observatio Facta Rotae

6 users like this post:
Old 02-08-2021, 03:45 PM   #13104
HIPO
Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumen8 View Post
Do you think that is his voice though? Some say it isnt.

It could just be a vigilante trying to gather police together who are against what is going on.

Or it could be a honeypot to identify such people.

Whatever the case, this is the stuff that ASIO and the fed police are there to stop... they are there to protect the government, so cant see much coming from that... other than arrests carried out on them (not by them)... and those people getting put on terror lists.

(yes ive watched the vid in its entirety on bitchute)
Dunno if its him.... could be as you say.....
Old 02-08-2021, 03:52 PM   #13105
HIPO
Al

I know i cant stand getting this stuff rammed down our throats,by the likes of channel "get the jab" 9.

Also with there being shortages of the vax for some, how come the relevant patents aren't being dropped?
Old 02-08-2021, 03:57 PM   #13106
slowsnake
Banned

Health passports will be useless if a country and its government are starving and/or open to corruption!
Many countries import food including the good old US of A, but they export more than they import, so a country with no GDP will do anything to get food for its citizens?
Look at the list below, and tell me they "really" care about you or me!

Countries Who Are Unable To Produce Their Own Food
Rank Countries Without Sufficient Food Supply
1 Afghanistan
2 Burkina Faso
3 Burundi
4 Cameroon
5 Central African Republic
6 Chad
7 Democratic Republic of the Congo
8 Djibouti
9 Eritrea
10 Ethiopia
11 Guinea
12 Iraq
13 Kenya
14 Lesotho
15 Liberia
16 Madagascar
17 Malawi
18 Mali
19 Mauritania
20 Mozambique
21 Myanmar
22 Nepal
23 Niger
24 North Korea
25 Republic of the Congo
26 Sierra Leone
27 Somalia
28 South Sudan
29 Sudan
30 Swaziland
31 Syria
32 Uganda
33 Yemen
34 Zimbabwe

Cheers Mr B
Old 02-08-2021, 04:00 PM   #13107
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Also with there being shortages of the vax for some, how come the relevant patents aren't being dropped?
Because they do not need to be, that is not the issue.

If someone wants to produce it, they can under license. We make AZ under license. But they need to have the facilities and technical capabilities to do it. Just like we could not just make an RNA vaccine, even we did not have the ability and infrastructure to.

Old 02-08-2021, 04:07 PM   #13108
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:

If someone wants to produce it, they can under license. We make AZ under license. But they need to have the facilities and technical capabilities to do it. Just like we could not just make an RNA vaccine, even we did not have the ability and infrastructure to.
Astra Zeneca supplied the United Kingdom with patent free vaccine at cost price, guess what?...Pfizer and Moderna tried to stop em in court, then they went to the EU and tried to convince them that a 3rd booster shot of Pfizer was needed!.$$$$$$$$$$

Cheers Mr W
3 users like this post:
Old 02-08-2021, 04:09 PM   #13109
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post

This topic has caused divide from day dot. No jab no play policy.

"Herd immunity" is why people care whether or not people who can be vaxxed, get vaxxed. Once we hit that magical number, which scientists seem to collectively think is around that 90% mark, it becomes less of a problem if the remaining 10% are unvaxxed.

But if we had 20-30% people not wanting to be vaxxed, the virus will still find it easy to move around, and will likely mutate, causing problems for everyone all over again.

Why is there no "Australian" variant? Because we haven't allowed the virus to move uncontrollably in our environment. But we have the South African, Indian, UK strain etc.

Rides (past and present)

2 users like this post:
Old 02-08-2021, 04:27 PM   #13110
HIPO
Al

Quote:

There are good facilities etc. OS that could handle it.
Closed Thread