Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2021, 04:25 PM   #13381
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
You too?...finding a 10mm socket is a nightmare, I have 3 x10mm and 3x12mm and still have a hassle, but I am blind as a bat, lol.

Cheers Billy.
ah just bash on a 3/8th one then
i dont know i dont work on metric things

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
This user likes this post:
Old 08-08-2021, 05:55 PM   #13382
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Per a Herald article, Nick Coatsworth has “gone rogue” (my term, not theirs) and speaks out against the current/ongoing zero Covid aspirations within Australian corridors of government.

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/fede...06-p58gmf.html
Old 08-08-2021, 06:54 PM   #13383
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
Could of locked down earlier like she was advised.............

She didn't seem to have a problem telling other states what they should be doing..
She is not Robinson Crusoe here, every State Premier has offered their "advice" when they are on a good streak, and ignored advice from others when they are on a bad one.

2 users like this post:
Old 09-08-2021, 06:02 AM   #13384
Trevor 57
is now there

Goodbye Bathurst 2021
Old 09-08-2021, 07:39 AM   #13385
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

WA busy prepping to hold AFL grand final and Bathurst

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
Old 09-08-2021, 10:23 AM   #13386
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Seems like someone in the Vic government has been reading your posts, FTE

Get tested, get vaccinated pilot program in Melbourne
By state political reporter Richard Willingham

Students, their parents and teachers that are getting tested at a pop-up test site at Al-Taqwa College will also be offered a Pfizer vaccination as part of a pilot program.

A teacher at the school has tested positive and nearly 2,500 students and staff have been forced into isolation.

Education Minister James Merlino told question time the decision to delay second doses of Pfizer to six weeks allowed the government to trial the program.

"The program will provide the department with data regarding pop-up vaccination coverage which will inform future vaccine programs once more supply becomes available,'' he said.
too funny eh Foxtrot, yet others commented it couldn't work.
I should send an invoice down to Dan and make sure on getting a commision when each other State follows
Being its our/tax payer $$$'s I would give it right back to those in need farfar more than me.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
Old 09-08-2021, 10:55 AM   #13387
tweeked
N/A all the way

Within a day of getting my 2nd AZ shot I downloaded my "Covid-19" certificate into my phone wallet. Well at least they have got that part working efficiently!!!

It will be interesting to see what will happen in this space in regards to boosters. Cant see this ever ending...

3 users like this post:
Old 09-08-2021, 11:09 AM   #13388
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
Within a day of getting my 2nd AZ shot I downloaded my "Covid-19" certificate into my phone wallet. Well at least they have got that part working efficiently!!!

It will be interesting to see what will happen in this space in regards to boosters. Cant see this ever ending...
I get my 2nd jab Wednesday, upon taking my 1st jab I took a pic of my certificate and kept it in my favs.
Suppose after the 2nd I'll be loading it in our ServiceNSW site.
Gonna be the norm to show I suspect.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
Old 09-08-2021, 11:19 AM   #13389
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

I really don't care to debate of the pro's and con's of the vaccination (I'm fully vaccinated) but I'm a member of a few online groups and one is obviously totally anti vaccination.

The group is bombarded with clips and documents on a daily basis from anti vaxxers. Some stupidly laughable, others can be interpreted as semi-legitimate.

Most recent one is a clip of a Jewish Dr who claimed to personally treat Trump, Giuliani and other elite yet he also claims that a very large % of vaccinated will be dead within 2 or 3 years. 20 or 30%...

Mentioning that Israel and Seychelles, being 80+ % vaccinated will be the victims of a huge population decline due to the mass vaccination policy.

There is so much fuel to the fire from all sides and now it's impossible to tell what's true to what's BS.

I don't regret getting the jab but everything floating around is certainly thought provoking and I don't blame people to be cautious of the current situation.

We will probably never ever know the truth. In a few years we will know more regarding the effects of the vaccination but where do you draw the line between freedom of speech and mass hysteria?

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
2 users like this post:
Old 09-08-2021, 11:28 AM   #13390
Metdevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Most recent one is a clip of a Jewish Dr who claimed to personally treat Trump, Giuliani and other elite yet he also claims that a very large % of vaccinated will be dead within 2 or 3 years. 20 or 30%...
The US Republicans wouldn't be getting theirs done if it was unsafe.
We've got the mega rich and super powerful all getting the vaccine, that's all the evidence I need that it's safe for us down here too.
Old 09-08-2021, 11:35 AM   #13391
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metdevil View Post
The US Republicans wouldn't be getting theirs done if it was unsafe.
We've got the mega rich and super powerful all getting the vaccine, that's all the evidence I need that it's safe for us down here too.
Absolutely, my thoughts as well.

A conspiracy theorist will say the actual vaccination wasn't ever administered, or the syringe was full of saline.

Case in point - seen the vaccination clip of Anastasia Palecek being passed around? She apparently got her jab with the cover not removed from the syringe.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Old 09-08-2021, 11:35 AM   #13392
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

What does the doctor's ethnicity particularly matter? It infers an underlying narrative, and an old one at that.
3 users like this post:
Old 09-08-2021, 11:40 AM   #13393
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Absolutely, my thoughts as well.

A conspiracy theorist will say the actual vaccination wasn't ever administered, or the syringe was full of saline.

Case in point - seen the vaccination clip of Anastasia Palecek being passed around? She apparently got her jab with the cover not removed from the syringe.
This is absolutely legitimate, it did happen.

Just as the photographer who took the photo said she missed the shot, and could they do another pretend one to get a good photo..

This is the sort of thing that makes the conspiracy theorist look silly, seriously, if I was going to fake getting the vaccine I would do something better than letting the press take a photo of it with the needle cap on!!!!

3 users like this post:
Old 09-08-2021, 11:45 AM   #13394
Metdevil

Quote:

I haven't seen that one, but there's a grain of truth in every conspiracy theory. In poorer countries, people have been caught pretending to administer the vaccine so that they can pocket it for their own family since there isn't enough to go around or even just to sell them. It's called a 'Wind Vaccination'.

https://g1.globo.com/rj/regiao-serra...is-no-rj.ghtml
Old 09-08-2021, 11:47 AM   #13395
Itsme
Experienced Member

Conspiracy theories and that is what they will be; these people can never offer 100% proof to their claims.
Enough said.
Old 09-08-2021, 12:10 PM   #13396
shedcoupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
What does the doctor's ethnicity particularly matter? It infers an underlying narrative, and an old one at that.
The ethnicity may imply that even a Jewish doctor (Ashkenazi Jews being amongst the world’s most intelligent people as are doctors in general) could get sucked into conspiracy thinking.
3 users like this post:
Old 09-08-2021, 12:27 PM   #13397
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Lockdown lifted for regional Vic from midnight tonight,. No restrictions on distance you travel from home, but you have to have a valid reason to visit Metro Melb and follow their rules when there.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
Old 09-08-2021, 12:51 PM   #13398
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
I get my 2nd jab Wednesday, upon taking my 1st jab I took a pic of my certificate and kept it in my favs.
Suppose after the 2nd I'll be loading it in our ServiceNSW site.
Gonna be the norm to show I suspect.
Do they still give lollipops if ya don't cry!

Cheers Billy.
Old 09-08-2021, 12:57 PM   #13399
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Back in 2017...

2 users like this post:
Old 09-08-2021, 01:02 PM   #13400
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post
Back in 2017...

Annnnnddd... what's your point? I THINK I know where you're heading, but I have misinterpreted a number of posts lately so would appreciate it if you could point out why you posted this?

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
Old 09-08-2021, 01:08 PM   #13401
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT August 8th 2021.

Note
: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

284 new cases for Australia and 1 death so the CMR is 2.587%.

6 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.901%.

The UK had a lower 27,110 cases yesterday and lower 39 deaths for a CMR of 2.147%.

A lower 68,950 new cases in the USA yesterday and lower 320 deaths sees CMR at 1.733%. Florida recorded just over 1/3rd of all cases with 23,903.

Other notable points: (weekend reporting)
Global deaths pass 4.3M, the last 50k in 5 days;
Global cases pass 203M, the last 1M in 2 days;

Asia passes 64M cases;

Finland (1,322);
Vietnam (9,690); and
Iran (39,619)

... recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period and none drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 09-08-2021, 01:17 PM   #13402
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Annnnnddd... what's your point? I THINK I know where you're heading, but I have misinterpreted a number of posts lately so would appreciate it if you could point out why you posted this?
Would be good if people just post what they think, peoples ability to read between the lines no matter how obvious it may seem is hit and miss.

Post a pic or a link then at least give us your pearls of wisdom with it.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
3 users like this post:
Old 09-08-2021, 01:19 PM   #13403
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
I'm sure he is pointing out at the time of that out break St Johns went into a strict lockdown
to bring the outbreak under control. And as a result of lessons learned it is now mandatory to have proof of current flu vaccination to work in aged care.....
Old 09-08-2021, 01:31 PM   #13404
Metdevil

Quote:
Back in 2017...

It's quite interesting that in Australia, 2017 was considered the worst year for Influenza since 2009, and even then only 1 in 318 case notifications resulted in death. Really puts into perspective just how bad that "97% survivability" number really is.

https://www1.health.gov.au/internet/main/publishing.nsf/Content/097F15A91C05FBE7CA2581E20017F09E/$File/2017-season-summary-22112017.pdf

Don't know about you guys, but I'm not really to keen to risk anyone I care about on a 1 in 33 chance...
Old 09-08-2021, 01:33 PM   #13405
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse View Post
I'm sure he is pointing out at the time of that out break St Johns went into a strict lockdown
to bring the outbreak under control. And as a result of lessons learned it is now mandatory to have proof of current flu vaccination to work in aged care.....
I'm just pointing out that things may not be as bad as they appear, there is a lot of concern and ppl need to keep it in perspective. Also there is a massive amount of politics, MSM media isn't helping at all.

Here's another one from 2017 (I didn't do the underlining):

Old 09-08-2021, 01:34 PM   #13406
slowsnake
Banned

I still believe this virus is more intensively concentrated on any area here or overseas, where there is a rise in ground level pollution, but the world leaders seem to want to ignore that, why, because they haven't got a clue, they really are clueless, thoughtless and couldn't care less!

Any "aware" person, or person who can see how important a healthy environment is to our well-being is ridiculed, take the young girl Greta Thurnberg, did she just accidentally arrive with this theory of hers or was there something in her advice, seems it occured just before Covid-19 hit the world, and how could a child offer such sage advice to the world run by beurocrats greed and money?

Surely there has to be a common denominator, a common thread between virus, its target and victims, nothing is that coincidental, nothing at all.

Cheers Billy.
Old 09-08-2021, 01:44 PM   #13407
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
I still believe this virus is more intensively concentrated on any area here or overseas, where there is a rise in ground level pollution, but the world leaders seem to want to ignore that, why, because they haven't got a clue, they really are clueless, thoughtless and couldn't care less!
There are now outbreaks in Cairns and now Armidale and Tamworth.

I've been to those places numerous times and there is zero pollution there. Compared to the rest of the world OZ does not have a pollution problem.

Have you tried emailing the world leaders to tell them that you have the answer?
Old 09-08-2021, 01:57 PM   #13408
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
I'm just pointing out that things may not be as bad as they appear, there is a lot of concern and ppl need to keep it in perspective. Also there is a massive amount of politics, MSM media isn't helping at all.

What 'things' you are talking about?

If you are claiming Covid-19, 'may not be as bad as they appear, there is a lot of concern and ppl need to keep it in perspective.'

Those sorts of claims have been made since the start of the pandemic.

Surely by now with 203million odd cases of Covid-19 and 4.29million deaths from Covid-19 world wide the, 'it's no worse than the flu' brigade must be starting to see some cracks in their logic?
Old 09-08-2021, 02:16 PM   #13409
Metdevil

Quote:

Wait, you saw that tweet as a reason to think that it's not as bad as people say it is?
2017 Flu figures: 233,000 reported cases, 745 dead. 0.319% of cases resulted in death.
2020/21 Covid figures: 31,000 cases, 940 dead. 2.993% of cases resulted in death.

Covid mortality is more than 9 times higher than 2017's flu figures.
2 users like this post:
Old 09-08-2021, 02:21 PM   #13410
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
There are now outbreaks in Cairns and now Armidale and Tamworth.

I've been to those places numerous times and there is zero pollution there. Compared to the rest of the world OZ does not have a pollution problem.

Have you tried emailing the world leaders to tell them that you have the answer?
Maybe thats why we have low covid cases?

Tamworth is interesting. One person visited and no evidence of any transmission...bang....7 days lock down. Meanwhile, bondi and coogee...

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
3 users like this post:
Closed Thread