Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 15-02-2021, 02:52 PM   #1
spinning
Starter Motor

Default Lw mk2 isofix

Hi Guys,

I have a 2013 Thai built Focus LW MK2 Hatch.
Does anyone know if ISOFIX restraint points can be retrofitted?

If so how/where can I get this done?
spinning is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2021, 04:19 PM   #2
whitelion65
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Lw mk2 isofix

A properly anchored child seat using straps and seatbelt is just as effective as Iso-Fix. Maybe not as convenient.
I have IsoFix in both my cars now, but no need for it :-(
Moondust silver
2016 Focus Trend, 1.5ecoboost, 6sp manual.
Frozen white

Previous
2004 Berlina Wagon (LS1) Vespers Blue
1995 Camry 2.2, white
1971 Ford Fairmont wagon 302w, C4 Polar white
1971 TC Cortina, 2L 4sp, Ermine white
whitelion65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2021, 03:42 PM   #3
stockydave
Starter Motor

Default Re: Lw mk2 isofix

The ISOfix bracket was optional for (too many) years. But all ford focus after ~2004 (something like that anyway) should have the anchor points drilled into the car body under the back seat. You've just got to buy & install the bracket. ISOfix is (a) quicker & (b) makes it harder to make a mistake when installing seats - but seat belt is just as safe if done correctly.

Dealer will be able to do it for you. Or you can purchase a kit online (ford or aftermarket) & do it yourself. It's pretty straight-forward, removing the back seats can be a bit fiddly. Youtube has some good videos.
stockydave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post