Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-02-2021, 12:14 PM   #61
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Driving - Your "pet hate" on the road

I used to really hate it when id be driving a loaded ute with a trailer weighing around 2t in heavy traffic. Id leave extra stopping space, say 1.5 car legnths, but slowing for lights ofen enough people would see that as a gap and cut in then mash their brakes. Causing me to really stomp mine. I never rear ended anyone, but i did come very close a few times, often the trailers when their brakes lock up they would get a tad sideways.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 26-02-2021, 12:16 PM   #62
kcee

Almost everything is a pet hate its probably just other people on the road in general..... ill first admit to having blonde moments occasionally and then think did I look, did i indicate?? and then apologise if required.

People who brake and then indicate - im looking to see where the animal or people are they dont want to hit are.. its not that hard to indicate first.

People who pull out in front of you ( as mentioned before) when there is no one behind you and cant or wont do the speed limit.

People who site 10ks under the speed limit in one zone and then 10ks above in the next - IT DOESNT EQUAL OUT......, and people who cant do the speed limit at all.

Round abouts - i always indicate out - (other than it being the law) ive always done it as a courtesy for the people waiting, and people who sit in the LH lane wanting to go straight through with a fri1ck1n line of people behind them who cant turn left.

Anyway i rage pretty hard to myself most of the time and have to keep my mouth shut with my kids in the car
kcee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2021, 12:56 PM   #63
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
hehe, just geeing up you Vics - agreed the roundabout indictating I think would be Nationally. It is Law to use them towards any exit.
Yer bugger your hook turns in CBD, obviously your don't drive in CBD much, I do for countless business trips pre covid, being an outlier its a PIA, laws should be the same State to State.
As a kiwi the hook turn seemed very odd to me, I know it was designed around keeping the path clear for Trams, but its also stops that one car sitting in the middle of the road indicating right, effectively blocking all traffic.

which brings me to one of my pet hates people that brake first then indicate not allowing traffic behind them to change lane

classic example for those that know Warringal road in VIC
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 26-02-2021, 12:58 PM   #64
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There's a 3km stretch of road on the way into town from my place. It's 70kmh and all but about 300m is double lines.
Every single day I sit right on 70 kmh and get tailgated and usually passed by inconsiderate ****ers who obviously think their journey is much more important than mine.
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2021, 01:04 PM   #65
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I’ve probably watched too many dashcam vids, but people attempting to do a u turn from the left side of the road across 2 or 4 running lanes. I see it a lot around my area with all the new aussies bringing their third world driving with them. One guy held up traffic doing a 3 point u turn 50 METERS FROM A ROUND ABOUT!

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 26-02-2021, 01:20 PM   #66
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Whats worse than drivers not indicating left when exiting a roundabout, are those that don't bother cancelling their right turn indicator before exiting the roundabout. Here's me waiting for them because their stupid right indicator was flashing.

Frustrating.
Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 26-02-2021, 01:40 PM   #67
Kicking back

When i turn left out of my street, its a single lane with a parking lane i guess you'd call it. Now ive seen this happen a few times. With no cars parked impatient bell ends drive down whats not a lane, and cars/trucks/busses who do the correct thing and dont que across the intersection leave the gap the few cars that live in the next street (its a dead end street) turn right as the 2nd lane isnt opened up yet and get tboned. With the way the lanes are set up, that shouldnt happen. Im guessing the at fault driver is the one driving where they shouldn't be. Cars/trucks/busses arent see through, and the parking lane only starts after my street, so i dont have the issue turning right into my street of people driving where they shouldnt be. The council/ rta, whoever looks after that really should put a traffic island at the end of the parking lane to stop bell ends creating accidents and therefore backing up peak hour traffic.
Old 26-02-2021, 01:45 PM   #68
Seasoned One
Seasoned One

Yes yes yes to a previous post
People who don't get "keep left unless overtaking"
people who cut in front to right lane and go 10 under the limit
people who speed up on overtaking lanes.

Driving back between Gladstone and Gin Gin,one of about 10 cars all happy sitting on speed limit for an hour or so, came across a Camry sitting on 70, yes 70, when overtaking lane came, He took off when cars beside him I'd guess 120, then slowed down to 70. I managed to "time my run" at the next overtaking lane and got around, the poor 8a$tard in bf ute went around all of us and got busted by HP.
Felt sorry for him because until mr 70 came along we were all content.
1967 xr Falcon ute 289
1966 xr Fairmont 289
Seasoned One is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2021, 01:47 PM   #69
kaniSS
BIG MEMBER ;)

1 - People who pull out of driveways and expect you to stop and wait for them to pull out. I keep on driving, the look on their faces as they try to pull back in is priceless.

2 - When your trying to turn right at a set of lights with oncoming traffic, and selfish drivers who rush to beat the orange/red, leaving you in the middle of the intersection. I always do a slight turn into their path, they go flying in the other direction in fear ahahahahahaha...
Old 26-02-2021, 01:49 PM   #70
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

These days my pethate has become everyone else out there.
Paying attention is optional, nobody seems to have awareness anymore. Its not hard to read traffic flow.
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 26-02-2021, 01:53 PM   #71
DaveD

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon varley View Post
note the wording. It is very precise. In every other situation on the road in Victoria you MUST indicate. When leaving a roundabout you only indicate IF PRACTICABLE. That's the get out clause and the one I hate. In the back of Burke at midnight, I can be fined if I turn left when nobody else is around, but in the middle of a town that's full and congested I don't have to? even when doing so tells everyone my intention, and eases the traffic flow?

and while we are at it - another one:

people who call them 'blinkers'. Fick off. they are INDICATORS. they are used to INDICATE THE DRIVERS INTENTION TO OTHER ROAD USERS.

sorry. rant off.

blinker

noun
plural noun: blinkers
BRITISH
a pair of small leather screens attached to a horse's bridle to prevent it seeing sideways and behind and being startled.
a vehicle indicator or other device that gives out an intermittent light.
"the cars queued up with blinkers flashing"

verb
3rd person present: blinkers
put blinkers on (a horse).
"Brown Boy will be blinkered for the first time at York"

Ref: https://www.google.com/search?q=blin...hrome&ie=UTF-8
DaveD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2021, 01:56 PM   #72
Kicking back

For some reason this thread made me think of this
https://youtu.be/lyLBTDY-WCg
Old 26-02-2021, 02:25 PM   #73
ebv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

people towing the don't use the slow vehicle lane on twisty hilly roads
the trucks all know how to use them, why can't you pull your pajero and caravan over while doing 40 up hills and let the people do the speed limit of 70 past you, to me its common sense
BA GT Mk1 #0009 - Narooma Blue
SY Ghia AWD
Black VZ LX8 Adventra
Holden HX 50th Anniversary
AU Saloon Car racecar
1980 GS1000ST - Wes Cooley Rep
ebv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 26-02-2021, 02:32 PM   #74
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8
These days my pethate has become everyone else out there.
Paying attention is optional, nobody seems to have awareness anymore. Its not hard to read traffic flow.
Some people don't even know what traffic flow is. Just as long as they get to do what they want, who cares about anyone else.

One thing that is really grinding my gears atm the is people moving from the left lane to the right lane, while going significantly slower than the vehicles approaching from behind. Then everyone who comes up behind this unaware cretin has to jump on the brakes

Drives me insane when they do this. They can clearly see faster vehicles approaching, but do it anyway. They can slow down and let me in cause i'm way more important than anyone else
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 26-02-2021, 03:20 PM   #75
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What is the go with the idiots who are turning right that have to sit 3 to 4ft off the centre line to turn, it's a major road but narrow, so you can not pass the moron to the left, but you could if they sat in their bloody lane ! I am sure they are doing such to antagonise people for sure as no one could be so stupid.
One was a Volvo driver and I gave it the finger but a cop car just popped up over the hill and seen me, thinking it was him I was doing it to, he was peed off and pulled me up @%*!#^ he said, he must of had a bad day. but when he found out who I was he was fine, I said I understand.

I am sure their are people who take to the road just to try and get their kicks in playing the fool provoking everyone, maybe have a stupid cam recorder and then get their kicks going down to the cops making stupid claims. because they have nothing better to do.

A mate who had informed me of a Volvo driver who lives up the road block them in their driveway playing games and I was with my mate coming into his driveway and this same idiot pulled up blocked him out and abused my mate with childish pathetic dribble threating his livelihood and all. Fruit loops are everywhere.
mick taylor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 26-02-2021, 03:49 PM   #76
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

1. People who stop at empty roundabouts. The whole point of roundabouts is for traffic to flow, not slow. Read the roundabout as you approach and drive accordingly, dont start looking after you've pulled up.

2. People who reward impatience. Eg. Someone wont wait in line, so sneaks down the breakdown lane, then tries to merge back in, and somebody lets them.

3. People who dont plan. Eg. Two right turn lanes, but the buttclown takes the RH lane, and the moment they take the turn, immediately try and take the first left exit. FFS, was it too hard to get in the LH turning lane to begin with?

4. The flapwits that wont own their mistake. You missed your turnoff, or got in the wrong lane? Tough. Keep going and turn around later on. Dont put your indicator on and stop all other traffic while you wait for someone to let you in.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 26-02-2021, 04:29 PM   #77
marty351
Shenanigans..............

This.

Last edited by marty351; 01-02-2022 at 01:39 PM.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 26-02-2021, 04:37 PM   #78
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick taylor View Post
One was a Volvo driver and I gave it the finger but a cop car just popped up over the hill and seen me, thinking it was him I was doing it to, he was peed off and pulled me up @%*!#^ he said, he must of had a bad day.
but when he found out who I was he was fine, I said I understand.
Well don't keep us in suspense, are you the Police Commissioner or something

Last edited by GasoLane; 26-02-2021 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Grammar
GasoLane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 26-02-2021, 05:09 PM   #79
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post
This.
My wife went off at someone for doing this to her.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2021, 05:56 PM   #80
Qld-RTV

Oh man...... I shouldnt do this

1: Caravanners. There should be a legal obligation to shoot them.
2: ANYONE who turns their damn foglights on when its not foggy
3: Idiots who dont know when or how to use their indicators
4: ****holes who overtake you just because you're in front of them and then slow down
5: Weekend warriors in 4wd's who drive rigs fully kitted out for a cape trip..... to and from work every day..... geez your daily commute must be hell!
Qld-RTV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 26-02-2021, 06:43 PM   #81
MercuryT
Banned

Lol ^
MercuryT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2021, 06:44 PM   #82
CyberWasp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bicycle Riders - People who want to be respected on the Roads but can ignore traffic lights / rules that motors vehicles must follow. No insurance / rego if they hit a pedestrian.

Bus Lanes - Less Lanes for cars.
Trams / Light Rail - Less Lanes for Cars.
I mean really.... can we get Car Lanes put in on the International Airport Runway.
CyberWasp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2021, 06:44 PM   #83
MercuryT
Banned

Well it seems roundabouts are cause of great concern for many.....

Me included!
Old 26-02-2021, 06:44 PM   #84
mondeomatureguy

Hi guys.
if the halfwits on the road actually concentrated on driving and not playing on there phones, or what the other driver next to them is doing and looked at the road there would be less accidents.

I hate people who cant be bothered to use there indicators who jump in front of trucks at traffic lights in the wet weather.

My list goes on for ages but this is a good start.
mondeomatureguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2021, 08:50 PM   #85
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lack of indicators. Especially at roundabouts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryT View Post
Yes Caravans do that here too.

In a 100 zone do 70 then in a 50 zone......yep still doing 70.
Pretty sure the speed limit of NSW is 70

Multi lane Motorway people do 70
Rural single lane highway people do 70
Suburban residential street people do 70
Inner city narrow street with lots of parked cars and pedestrians, you guessed it, 70
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2021, 08:56 PM   #86
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevsta007 View Post
Ok worried about you now.

what's the purpose of an indicator?
Why would you indicate left out of this if you were going straight?

You'd indicate left if you were turning left.

Reference Oaklands Junction airport viewing area:

https://www.google.com/maps/@-37.644...7i16384!8i8192

What about this one? Would you indicate left out of this?

Reference Bulla:

https://www.google.com/maps/@-37.640...7i16384!8i8192

Pick any roundabout along C743 and let me know which ones you should indicate left out of when you're going straight through it

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 26-02-2021 at 09:15 PM.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2021, 09:07 PM   #87
MercuryT
Banned

Franco you aren't going to let this go are you......haha
Old 26-02-2021, 09:08 PM   #88
MercuryT
Banned

I'm with you buddy by the way.

Another one.

People with blacked out taillights.

Not only illegal but bloody dangerous as can barely see the light!
Old 26-02-2021, 09:09 PM   #89
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

People usually in small hatchbacks who need two lanes to turn. Or do a big swing left before making a right turn. Pretty sure I've almost touched mirrors with these morons many times.

People who rush to get ahead of everyone when two lanes become one, then slow to turn left or come to a complete stop to turn right within the first hundred meters of the single lane. Happens regularly on my way home while passing a less than desirable suburb.
If you know you're about to hold up traffic just slip in wherever you're up to rather than getting as many people as possible behind you.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2021, 09:17 PM   #90
MercuryT
Banned

A previous member said I was wrong.

That's fine, I maybe wrong.

But a car entering a roundabout and ripping right with no indicator is apparently ok so long as indicate "out". (when no one cares as car gone anyway)

It's really *ing dangerous as if indicate right in, then the other side know what you are doing in advance.

Indicating to leave is nowhere near as crucial safety wise as indicating to do what you intend to imo