Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 25-10-2007, 04:36 PM   #1
james22
With da Warlords

Default Scan tool for au? Who has one

Ok, so as far as I've worked out, the Au 2 & 3 uses obd2 port with a j1850 (pwn ) protocol???? Right?

If this is correct, could someone please confirm.

And if this is correct, what kind of tools have people used in the past. Any specific ones to stay away from etc.

I've located a few on ebay, but they seem to be a little on the "cheap" /(maybe nasty) side, vs sites like autoenguenity & odb2shop.com.au which sell for $$$.

For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Windsor Warlords
AU III XR-8220
300+ rwhp of Manual fun

XR50T Ute - 300rwkw (give or take depending on the day)
james22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2007, 07:10 PM   #2
sly
Sly like a G6

If I told you it was "PWM", would I pwn you?

You can get a diagnostic cable and PC software from BPT, $800. If you want to confirm J1850 protocol, give them a call, speak to Barry or Terry.
The Frankenfalcon... AU1.5 Wagon, BA brakes, AU2 booster, BA2 XR6T engine, stock from airbox to turbo, 8psi/98 octane tune 240RWKW, BF XR6T cat, quiet 3" zorst, Pex BSO660 & BSO439 mufflers, 84 db, built BTR box, 3.08 LSD, Emer SVI LPG, AU1 XR8 alloys, Momo wheel, JVC KDR746BT head unit, Aerpro steering wheel control wiring.

Sleeper, anyone?
sly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2007, 08:46 PM   #3
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

the Scantool Original is about $2595 , R&E Autos where i work sell the LAUNCH ones for $1295

Daniel

AU2PWR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2007, 11:50 PM   #4
chief
FTF Club Moderator

At work we have the Snap On scanner. Really really good. Tells you everything and then some.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2007, 10:17 AM   #5
REDAUXR6II

I am currently looking for one as well I have found a company that might be promising.

http://www.glmsoftware.com
REDAUXR6II is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2007, 11:24 AM   #6
sly
Sly like a G6

Probably won't work on an AU as it supports international standards ISO 15031-5 and SAE International J1979, not J1850 as above.

While the site states that
Quote:
These standards are applied to every passenger and light truck vehicle manufactured since 1996 in the USA and 2001 in Europe and Japan.
these have only been mandatory in Australia since the introduction of Euro 3 emissions standards on 1/1/2006. AFAIK the BA is compliant however.

So, this should work on BA or later.
The Frankenfalcon... AU1.5 Wagon, BA brakes, AU2 booster, BA2 XR6T engine, stock from airbox to turbo, 8psi/98 octane tune 240RWKW, BF XR6T cat, quiet 3" zorst, Pex BSO660 & BSO439 mufflers, 84 db, built BTR box, 3.08 LSD, Emer SVI LPG, AU1 XR8 alloys, Momo wheel, JVC KDR746BT head unit, Aerpro steering wheel control wiring.

Sleeper, anyone?
sly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2023, 07:08 PM   #7
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 
Default Re: Scan tool for au? Who has one

This may be a solution too https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/36125957...Bk9SR86u4NaQYg NEW 5-FT Extension Cable 4 Snap-On DA-4 MT2500-46 & DL-16 OBD-II OBD2 Adapter essentially Snap-On's adapter cable for the AU.