Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 22-05-2005, 07:33 PM   #1
GROOV3
Rollin

Default Fiesta Audio

Hey all

Im loking at upgrading my front speakers atm

found out they are 5x7's has any one replaced theres yet and got any tip instructions etc.

also any one recomend and 5x7's

found these

http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=76

I want something with real good sound quality any other recomendations

i can run them from an amp at about 50wrms per channel

cheers for any help
GROOV3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2005, 09:39 PM   #2
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is the amp 50W rms or 50w peak?

If you are after sound quality I would fit some 6.5inch splits in the stock position. They will require an adapter to be made up they arn't hard to make.
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2005, 09:47 PM   #3
GROOV3
Rollin

Yeah the amp is 4x50wrms
ive currently got the low pas side bridged to 150wrms for my sub but theres two other channels with high pass on them i want to use.

6.5" will that need any new holes or anything drilled? im looking for just a stright swap

also what would be the best way to get power and signal wires from the amp to the speakers?
Old 13-06-2005, 01:10 PM   #4
chown
_ObLiViOuS_

hey guys im lookin at installing a complete system with front and back speakers, new head dech,amp and subs. I tried to have a look to see if i can install it myself but it looks pretty tricky and i have no idea how to get in and do it all. Has anyone else added audio to their fiesta and if so how did u do it??If possible i would like to avoid paying for it to be installed!
chown is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2005, 01:15 PM   #5
GROOV3
Rollin

lotsa detailed stuff on www.ukfiestanetwork.com

thats where i learnt how to change the deck, havnt done speakers yet and sub is just a box in the boot
Old 13-06-2005, 01:42 PM   #6
chown
_ObLiViOuS_

Sweet, how does it go in the boot?? i was going to get a free-air sub and mount it on the rack in the bood with some plywood lol. how many u got??
Old 13-06-2005, 10:13 PM   #7
GROOV3
Rollin

i wouldnt go free air- not the best sound quality

i just got a dodgy home built box thats about 1.2 cubic foot with a 12" eclipse sub with about 150rms going into it sounds good and the quality is good. ive got all the inside standard ford speakers high pass'ed
Old 14-06-2005, 03:13 PM   #8
chown
_ObLiViOuS_

Thanx for that i would have no trouble building my own box anyhow, just didnt know if it would be any good sitting in the boot. What do you mean you have the stock speakers high passed? Do you have the stock head unit on still? and what soze amp do you have running the sub. I have a 10 inch pioneer i wanted to put in there.
Old 14-06-2005, 08:51 PM   #9
GROOV3
Rollin

i have a pioneer head unit that you can high pass the speaker connections on so the stock speakers are running mainly mid to high range and the sub handles the bass

i baught the facia adapter for the deck from autoleads over the net from the uk, and then cut up the thin bars in the dash.
Old 16-06-2005, 12:01 PM   #10
chown
_ObLiViOuS_

hey i found some 5x7's on the strathfield website. They seem pretty good quality about 120w or so. Says they fit in stock door positions so you should have no trouble getting them to fit. Also said they have a larger flange to fit different size spaces. Your looking at around $120 i think for JBL and some other brand i hadnt heard of had similar features for about the same price. Cheers