Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 12-07-2009, 06:12 AM   #1
middleman
Starter Motor

Default Creaking Sound?

Hi All,

Just wanted to check if anyone else has this.

My Mondeo is 10 months old but has only registered less than 10,000 kms (I go overseas a lot with my job).

However, what I have noticed is that it makes a creaking sound when I turn. Sometimes, I feel like I am steering a wooden boat in rough seas as it sounds exactly like that!

Other than that, it's all all right, ample leg room, and huge boot space!

------

Sea Grey 08, Zetec Hatch
Melbourne (western suburbs)

middleman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2009, 07:32 AM   #2
cammag

Hey Middleman,

Is it body noise or suspension noise?

Cheers,

Cam
Old 12-07-2009, 09:04 AM   #3
Rapscallion
Seduce G6ET

Mine creaks and groans like my 90 year old grandfather. It only does it though when I am turning into a steepish incline or decline. I have a steep driveway and it does it everytime I drive in or out. I believe it is the body of the car twisting. I have a hatch and think that the structural rigidity would not be that of the sedan. Anyway, that's my 2 cents worth. It doesn't overly bother me because it's not a constant thing.
Rapscallion is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2009, 03:11 PM   #4
LRsedan
Now XR5hatch!

Its my belief its the rubber door seals causing most creaking sounds.

Though Im not 100% sure.
LRsedan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2009, 05:25 PM   #5
DRU842
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

30,000+ km including a run to Mt Isa / Townsville & return to Sydney and I must say the only rattle / squeek comes from the sunglasses rattling in the roof-top holder.
2017 Mustang Lightening Blue, Cobb Intercooler, CAI, AccessPort, Turbo Blanket & V2 Exhaust, Mishimoto Down-Pipe & Overflow Tank, GFB DV+, Custom CRD Tune. Ford Performance Short Throw Shifter & Strut Brace. DBA T3 Brakes & Pads. Braided Brake Lines. H&R Coilovers. Anderson CF Track Pack Spoiler & Tailgate Panel. Blue CF/Leather Steering Wheel.
DRU842 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2009, 08:02 PM   #6
XtRmn8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRsedan
Its my belief its the rubber door seals causing most creaking sounds.

Though Im not 100% sure.
Mine does it too but is it is def not the door seals. Got a steep under cover car park at work and when getting in and out there is a noise in the front. Ford could not fault it at 15k service. Due for the 30k soon and I will make sure they look at it properly this time.
Old 13-07-2009, 08:33 AM   #7
cammag

I can hear the door seals too. But there is also very distinct body noises. As well as suspension noises. And creaks and rattles across the dash and rattles in the vents and B pillars.

The body noises, dash creaks and rattles I didn't bother reporting to the dealership. Manufacturers and dealerships are not interested in these things at all.

The suspension noises I did and the suspension needed tightening!?! The noise comes back after a couple of months and gets tightened again. I am pretty sure suspension noises was also discussed in a previous thread.

You may not have much luck if it is body but mechanical noises you should have some success in getting repaired.
Old 13-07-2009, 10:13 AM   #8
scribbly

Therein lies the problem with having quiet vehicles.
We hear everything.

MA Mondeo
SZ Territory Titanium - >400,000 km
VF SSV Redline
BiTurbo Ranger XLT
scribbly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2009, 01:39 PM   #9
warren77

Quote:
Originally Posted by scribbly
Therein lies the problem with having quiet vehicles.
We hear everything.
Solution: A louder stereo
warren77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2009, 01:58 PM   #10
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion
Mine creaks and groans like my 90 year old grandfather. It only does it though when I am turning into a steepish incline or decline. I have a steep driveway and it does it everytime I drive in or out. I believe it is the body of the car twisting. I have a hatch and think that the structural rigidity would not be that of the sedan. Anyway, that's my 2 cents worth. It doesn't overly bother me because it's not a constant thing.
Mine does it coming up the driveway too. I did have a knock in the rear suspension which was tightened during a warranty service. Get them to have a look at your rear - might be loose, but might not be what's causing your issue.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2009, 07:44 AM   #11
middleman
Starter Motor

Hi All,

Sorry for the late reply. I only got 'true' Internet today (quite unbelievable that the Sydney hotel I stayed in only had dial-up, but that's another story).

Sounds like it comes from the body.

Haha, yes, louder music would drown out the noise (but if you have small kids who like the Wiggles...you get the picture).
middleman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post