Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 04-06-2009, 12:36 PM   #1
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 
Default Mondeo XR5 Turbo

Greetings All

My first post in the Mondeo section

I have swayed my cousin to tyhe blue oval, tried to get him into a G6ET but alas it was just too big for him. So he is now considering an XR5 Turbo

We are currently looking at a 2008 plated demo with around 1000kms and sunroof & Bluetooth. We have been quoted $40,990 drive away.

Allegedly this is a $50k car with these options.

What do you guys think? Any assistance is greatly appreciated

Many thanks

George

gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2009, 04:24 PM   #2
paulie0735
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Its nothing like 50k, retail was 42 and a bit, ad 2k for the roof and another 2.5 for stamps etc so maybe 47k at the most

41k for an 08 plate demo with sunroof sounds a little on the high side to me.. shop around you should be able to do better than that for a demo, does he have a trade in?
paulie0735 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2009, 04:38 PM   #3
cammag

Hey George
I was gutted in January when I saw a XR5 demo with less than 2000km's for about $1000 more than we paid for our Zetec. I was quit happy with our deal, we had a Magna to trade. They may not have been as generous with our trade though.

I suppose what I am saying is that I reckon your cousin should be able to get a better deal.

Cheers.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:59 PM   #4
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Gday Guys

Came back from dealers

Ended up settling on a brand new Silver 2008 XR5 Mondeo (dont know the correct colour name - yet another dealer who didnt even have brochures to give away - 2nd dealer this week.......)

Mats, Tint, Bluetooth but NO SUNROOF $38,900 drive away

A very nice car inside actually - cousing was gutted that there is no sat nav option

G
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2009, 07:09 PM   #5
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That sounds like a fair deal.

I'm fairly sure you can get sat nav from the UK. It's in the head unit. I'm trying to find a link now, if I do I will post it up.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2009, 03:20 PM   #6
paulie0735
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503
Gday Guys

Came back from dealers

Ended up settling on a brand new Silver 2008 XR5 Mondeo (dont know the correct colour name - yet another dealer who didnt even have brochures to give away - 2nd dealer this week.......)

Mats, Tint, Bluetooth but NO SUNROOF $38,900 drive away

A very nice car inside actually - cousing was gutted that there is no sat nav option

G
thats more like it! well done.
paulie0735 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2009, 07:13 PM   #7
abdulwahed88

that sounds pretty good but you shoudlve got the sunroof
abdulwahed88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2009, 07:13 PM   #8
abdulwahed88

might as well seeing as your already spending all that $$$ on a new car or demo
abdulwahed88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2009, 02:41 PM   #9
TEKILA
formerly AU_bullet

roofs can be added later and personally, i find that the roofs from prestige are a much better fitted roof at the same price. still the same tilt and slide function.
good purchase, well done