Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 08-07-2009, 11:48 AM   #1
RicOz

Default Please help me pick a colour for a new Mondeo!

Hi Guys,

I'm looking at purchasing the new Zetec wagon soon and have narrowed it down to three colours: Frozen White, Panther Black and Sea Grey.

I like the look of Mondeo in black but am worried about scratches and keeping it clean etc.

Has anyone had any major issues with visible scratches and swirl marks for any of the above colours?

Any advice is most appreachicated.

RicOz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2009, 06:20 PM   #2
mpsol
XR5T

Buy a Thunder. You get 3 colours in one depending on the mood of the sky.
Sometimes it's green, sometimes it's silver and sometimes it's blue with all the shades in between..
mpsol is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2009, 06:34 PM   #3
LRsedan
Now XR5hatch!

Black is the hardest to keep swirl free and clean, but looks awesome if looked after. I wouldn't choose the black unless you are prepared to be very careful with your wash routine, maintenance and careful where you park.

White doesn't show imperfections like swirls as easy as the others (can still see in direct sunlight however), but doesn't have the depth and gloss of black. But it is very fashionable at the moment. The 'new black' if you will. White hides dents the best of any colour.

Sea Grey has good gloss and depth like the black, but is slightly easier to maintain. Being a darker colour it still shows swirls and imperfection before white, but not as soon as the black. I'd put it in the same field as black, a colour that needs attention to look its best.

I've personally got the sea grey, I can't comment on swirls etc as Im pretty fastidious with my car and its pretty much swirl free. But it will show them up if your wash routine is rushed due to the nature of the colour.

Silver is the best low maintenance colour, but its not a very rewarding colour in terms of reflection and depth.

Lighter colours easier to look after, darker colours harder.
LRsedan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2009, 06:55 PM   #4
PedroinTas
Frozen White Mondeo TDCI

Took a while to decide before eventually choosing white. Would've loved the black but just wouldn't be able to devote the time to keeping it pristine. None of the other colours really did it for me but that's really just personal preference.
Bluetooth
Euro Plates
Towpack
:
PedroinTas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2009, 09:53 PM   #5
ian b

I went for Sea Grey as I wanted a dark colour, but my black XR was too hard to keep looking it's best.

I also liked the contrast with the grey lower front grille and fog light surrounds.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:17 PM   #6
warren77

Sea grey for me as well. Wanted black but wouldn't give it the love.
Looks great and works really well in contrasting with front grill.
Tint the windows and it is a great looking car in a really cool looking colour
warren77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2009, 01:17 AM   #7
GRT046
Mondeo TDCi

I originally wanted Thunder but accepted our second choice of Frozen White and have not been disappointed.

It is easy to clean and looks the goods. Mind you I have used quality products to clean/polish and three coats of glaze and it really stands out. White is also a lot cooler than the dark blue Fairmont I had previously.

As mentioned in an earlier post white also seems to be an in colour at the moment as well.

Colour is always a very personal thing so go with what you like best and I am sure you will be happy
Sunroof
GRT046 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2009, 09:46 AM   #8
cammag

Sea grey for me also. Like PedroinTas & GRT046 said personal choice. I wanted white, silver or Tonic for ease. But my wife liked sea grey.

Like LRsedan said about washing, I was a little rushed yesterday during washing and am paying for it this morning with visible water water marks on the bonnet. It does look unsightly, but my own fault.

Since I have seen white and thunder in the flesh and they looked very smart. Especially with window tint.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:52 AM   #9
r2d2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpsol
Buy a Thunder. You get 3 colours in one depending on the mood of the sky.
Sometimes it's green, sometimes it's silver and sometimes it's blue with all the shades in between..
I agree with the thunder, I saw it the first time and didnt really like it, then took it for a drive and fell in love. It does change colour, easy to keep clean, is different to all the other colours out there at the moment and I think it give the Mondy a real high class look and it is the one (in my opinion) that really suits the Mondy the most.

James

R2D2
Old 28-07-2009, 10:04 PM   #10
daikin
Starter Motor

Ohh the Thunder sounds cool... else Panther Black would look great! Take care of it good and it'll keep its shine
daikin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post