Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 15-07-2009, 01:52 PM   #1
RicOz

Default Mondeo window tinting

The specs for a Zetec Mondeo say that it comes with "Tinted Windows".

Can anyone tell me if these means UV protection? If so, how much?

I have a small baby and would need tinting if I end up buying a Mondeo, but not sure now if it already comes with some tint as standard.

RicOz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2009, 03:18 PM   #2
r2d2

I bought the XR5 which is supposed to have blue tinting, but I still got it tinted as it is a very light tint. I am unsure of the UV rating of the factory tint.

I hope this helps.

James
Old 15-07-2009, 07:01 PM   #3
warren77

The XR5 has like a 5% factory tint. In the harsh WA sun, it is basically useless.

I did what James (r2d2) did and got it tinted properly. Makes the car look much better as well!
warren77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2009, 11:47 PM   #4
cammag

It would have no UVa/b rating at all.

Go the real tint, you won't regret it.
Old 16-07-2009, 05:22 PM   #5
Lord Viykor
XR5 convert

Go for aftermarket tint, my XR5 is heaps better with it.
The mods: Window tint | Fomoco alloy pedals | Red painted brake calipers | THB Bury bluetooth | Bluefin | GGR CAI | Bilstein B6 sports dampers | Eilbach lowered coils | 2XS Inhaler (Top Induction Pipe) | EBC Ultimax discs and EBC red stuff brake pads | Mongoose 3" dump with Mongoose 3" 200 cell cat into custom system with Varex mufflers | Forge re-circ valve | Airtech intercooler coming soon
Lord Viykor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2009, 09:00 PM   #6
ian b

Sea grey with tint looks good, wouldn't be without it.
Old 17-07-2009, 12:33 PM   #7
Zippy7

Hiya,

The "tint" in the Mondeo is very faint - but you can see it is there when compared to clear glass.

One point about laminated glass that is in your car - it should already have some UV filtering. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laminated_glass
Just like optical lenses, there is a degree of UV protection already. But if you're really worried - just get it done, the few hundred dollars is once off and you forget about it after a little while.