Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 20-08-2009, 01:40 PM   #1
whoisit
Starter Motor

Smile Used 07/08 Zetec

Hi Folks,I am in the market for a used 07/08 2.3l Petrol Zetec sedan for around $25K. I test drove it on the weekend and I like it so does the missus. She wants one with Sunroof & Leather but not sure if one can be had within my budget. There are a few on carsales around 29-32K but will see if I can haggle it down.

I would apprecaite any opinions or experiences with this car. I know there are a few threads already and they complain about rattles & squeaks but are they really that bad? Also how are servicing costs like? Any help would be apprecaited. Thanks.

whoisit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2009, 10:35 AM   #2
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Rattles are mainly with the hatch.

Servicing costs about $250 - $300 a go, and that's through the dealers.

Most of the complaints have been sorted by now, and they don't seem to be as prevalent now.

You'd be looking at the first set off the boats too, so these were the early adopters (like me) and we have been fussy, and I know that most of the issues with mine have been sorted under warranty, so they should be OK.

Check the build date on the sticker in the driver's door as that will tell you for sure what year they are - I'm sure you've done this - and for 2007 you could get a better deal, as they are older.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2009, 06:36 PM   #3
bovva66

I boughta 2007 Mondeo Zetec a couple of months ago with 16k on the clock for around $26K, here in Perth.

Had a minor issue with door trims but as was originally bought by VIC dealer as demo in mid 2008, was still covered under warranty, which still has about 2 years left.
bovva66 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2009, 03:08 PM   #4
whoisit
Starter Motor

Lightbulb Update..

Hi Folks.. Thanks for the replies.. Guess who just bought a 08 Mondeo Zetec Hatch.. yep urs truly .. I have a a couple a questions.
1.My factory warranty expires late 2011 and was wondering if I can extend this warranty for another two years (factory warranty not dealer). Does anyone have experience with this?
2.Also I heard from the dealer that Mondeos don't come with Road Side Assistance within warranty peri0d unless you buy it? Is this True..
Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
whoisit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2009, 05:27 PM   #5
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Don't know about point 1, but I can tell you that the roadside assistance is not offered on the Mondeo. I got it three months after I purchased the car, and took up three year's worth, which was cheaper through Ford than an equivalent with RACV.

There is a thread on here with this discussed, but the Mondeo is not covered. See: http://www.ford.com.au/servlet/Conte...=FOA&c=DFYPage
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post