Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 14-09-2019, 05:20 PM   #2881
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed View Post
$99.xx for 50 grams of tobacco yesterday wtf
Shame you can't go self serve - tomatoes / tobacco. I always get them mixed up!!

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2019, 09:10 AM   #2882
sneaky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Shame you can't go self serve - tomatoes / tobacco. I always get them mixed up!!
Tomacco? Saw a doco on Tomacco farming, didn't turn out well for the farmer
Old 16-09-2019, 06:53 PM   #2883
.:4:.
Kicking back

I heard some whispers from up top at work that im not entirely happy with. So 1 blokes van got written off and as part of our PMs contract, they say he gets a work car. So work are buying 2 new cars. So what i hear is my old van that is driven by the bloke under me will get handed down to the bottom feeder whos van got written off and the bloke under me will get a new car. That bits fine. The other new one will probably go to me and the PM will get my ranger. So, the pro list is, new, automatic and talks of getting proper service bodys. The cons for me are, work cheaps out so it will probably be tool boxes on an ally tray. Id take my tub and canopy any day. Mistsubishi triton petrol 2.4L. The 2.2 diesel ranger has a nicer cab and more power for towing which i do frequently, and fuel economy. Why does fuel economy mean anything to me sinse i dont pay? Well i still have to pull in and fill the thing up. Yes the ranger is a 2013 poverty pack, but any work car we buy bar my managers and my bosses are pov packs. Id rather a body on the back of the wranger and my collegue gets a new ute with a body and the PM get a new ute with an ally tray. That would work way better as i do the bulk of the heavy towing. But i get no say. Yes an auto would be nice, but its not rocket surgury to tow with a manual.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2019, 07:59 PM   #2884
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

This handsome little kitten used to come and play with my cat some months ago. Then it disappeared without trace.

Finally found out via a neighbouring cat owner, what happened. It had been bought by a family across the road as a plaything/toy and was thereafter ignored. Eventually they dumped it at a shelter when going on holiday - rather than board it.

On return the kitten-dumpers simply bought another kitten, and tried to keep it in a garden shed. Of course it escaped and is now domiciled with my neighbour. His wife has threatened to drop a bomb on the offenders if they get any more animals.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 16-09-2019, 08:12 PM   #2885
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
This handsome little kitten used to come and play with my cat some months ago. Then it disappeared without trace.

Finally found out via a neighbouring cat owner, what happened. It had been bought by a family across the road as a plaything/toy and was thereafter ignored. Eventually they dumped it at a shelter when going on holiday - rather than board it.

On return the kitten-dumpers simply bought another kitten, and tried to keep it in a garden shed. Of course it escaped and is now domiciled with my neighbour. His wife has threatened to drop a bomb on the offenders if they get any more animals.
Thats just wrong. Pets arent play things. They need attention and affection, and they also return it too. Good on your neighbor for giving the kitten a chance and also not being overly polite about it.
3 users like this post:
Old 19-09-2019, 08:04 PM   #2886
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Bought this to feed the cat (in 85g daily portions). Quality is superb.

The poor mongrels raising these cattle must be getting a pittance, nowhere near enough to make pasture farmed beef economical (viable) in the longer run. Staff in the shop have implied to me that many meat products out of date go in the bin - not to someone like Second Bite.
Old 19-09-2019, 08:30 PM   #2887
Kicking back

Quote:

The poor mongrels raising these cattle must be getting a pittance, nowhere near enough to make pasture farmed beef economical (viable) in the longer run. Staff in the shop have implied to me that many meat products out of date go in the bin - not to someone like Second Bite.
Im guessing you section it up and freeze it. The supermarket is still making a profit, just less at the sale price. I dont think the farmers get the on consignment payout for what the end product sells for. The used by for meat is kind of a conservitive estimate for refrigerated meat. Freezing does extend that. But humans look for any excuse to sue, so again, the dates are conservitive. It wasnt that long ago one of the food recovery charities came under fire for doing the humanitarian thing and whilst things were ok as they had been frozen, they were out of date by a few days. They werent providing rotting food to people in need. But i guess people who like to hear their own voices who arent in need liked to hear their own voices. And it looks like your feline mate isnt doing it tough. Had some issues with the cat i had growing up when the cheap cans of cat tuna went dolphin free. She liked chunks of blowhole.
2 users like this post:
Old 19-09-2019, 08:36 PM   #2888
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:

Don't feel bad, most, if not all, of Colesworth's beef come from feedlots, not 'proper' farms.

The three biggest feedlots in Aus have major overseas investments from the USA and Japan.
Old 19-09-2019, 08:45 PM   #2889
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I used to be involved in the pet cremation business, business would go through the roof when....
1 very hot spike in temperature lasted more than 3 day
2 " cold spell broke suddenly
3 Christmas or school holidays and owners found out about the cost of boarding. Few owners I would have enjoyed sharing their pets demise.
Old 23-09-2019, 06:32 PM   #2890
Kicking back

I hate finishing jobs other people started. The one i finished for a bloke i was genuinely impressed with how bad the work was. Ive never seen anything so retarded. So the job was install 2 power points and 1 data plate in 4 locations. So on the job was 2 tradesmen and a 1st year. So i called the guy who ran the job and asked if the 3 plates that were level, same height and spacing as the existing and good were his work. He said yes. So i asked how did he let the other 9 plates be installed at the wrong heights, uneven at that, way off level, and randomly spaced? His response was he forgot and assumed. I mean maybe if it was the 1st year un supervised, then maybe, but this guy tries to impress and is pretty good for a 1st year. What my mate forgot, is the 1st year tradesman, well he is relegated to changing lights only as he has the inability to think and also his hands to not communicate with his brain. So he cut all the holes first, uneven, un level and too big. Even to level the 9 plates at off heights, the holes would show so to cover nothing could be level. So if the front page of the paper in the next few days is an odd story of a man getting beaten to death with a measuring tape and a torpedo level, i will be the one getting done for it. It was seriously impressive how spastic those plates are. My 10 year old i reckon could have done a better job.
This user likes this post:
Old 25-09-2019, 02:47 PM   #2891
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

I’m watching one of those things you can’t bear to watch but can’t turn away from.

Three barely competent people making steel cages for strip footings. One of them (presumably the most senior) is plan holder and grinder operator. They don’t have a bender for the corner steel or bolt cutters. If the footings are right it’s usually faster to build it in the trenches.
Old 26-09-2019, 05:20 PM   #2892
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

A phrase. "We'll see what happens"

Why don't you just tell me, you don't want to do it/you're not doing it/not going to turn up? The argot of evasion, irks me.
Old 27-09-2019, 12:33 PM   #2893
Lunch
Wait, what?

I’ve come to the conclusion that there are only so many brain cells in the world, so few in fact that some people unfortunately miss out on having any at all....

[IMG][/IMG]

You may need to zoom in
Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 27-09-2019, 12:38 PM   #2894
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Oh, Are you referring to that little silver thing smuggled up close to the Mustang.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2019, 01:25 PM   #2895
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Forbidden love perhaps?
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 27-09-2019, 05:20 PM   #2896
Kicking back

Twice a year there is a big power shutdown for a high rise in town. So yes i knew i was working tomorrow. But what i hate is, my boss gets all his workers in just so he can play it down to the client saying he will get a few guys on site to try and make his company look bigger then it is. There is enough work for 4 people. 2 start at 4am and finish at 8pm, im too expensive for that these days, ive done it in the past and that sucks, but the job im on would take 2 people 4 hours. We have 6 guys on it. There are only 3 guys not on the job, but for decent reasons. 2 are interstate for work and the other is moving house. I wouldnt be so annoyed about it if it was myself and an offsider so the 4 hours is meaningful work as im the tool whore at work who has a work car so all the tools all the time, but having 6 guys all doing the bare minimum makes for a seemingly pointless day where all i will be doing is keeping track of my tools because nobody ever asks, they take. I can guarentee ill be searching for my 17mm sockets (yes i have 2 ⅜ 17s and a ½ 17) on more then 1 occasion. Work dont pay for hand tools. There are only a couple of guys i work with who i trust with my gear as they are respectful and treat things right and return things without being asked. The rest just thrash borrowed gear then chuck it in their tool bags, which are typically bare anyways. And if im not on it, i dont want going to work to get paid costing me money. I hate those days.
Old 04-10-2019, 11:27 AM   #2897
roKWiz
Cabover nut

A very late running Sydney bound XPT service.

I thought "What a load of horse s**t excuse until I boarded and it kept overshooting several stations due to running over Canola seed dropped from a freight train.
Apparently the seed turned to oil on its brake discs.
Didn't completely dry off until it got to Junee.

Old 04-10-2019, 11:58 AM   #2898
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Condolences to the freight train’s sister-in-law.

At least the reasoning is an interesting one, and a few farmers are getting a crop out.
Old 04-10-2019, 12:07 PM   #2899
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Farmers wouldn't like their grain laying all over the track, not a lot of happy rail customers either. Missed coach connections etc., all the way up the line.

Old 07-10-2019, 09:49 AM   #2900
Kicking back

I really did not like the coach light on the back of my house so i decided to do something about it. It was mounted with hollow wall anchors. So took it down, power was off clearly, stuck one of my et fingers up the hole to check for structure. Couldn't feel anything, so i drilled the eave with my 92mm hole saw. Ahh yes. Beam. The hardest downlight install ever. Chipped out the beam just enough to fit my lovely LED downlight. And in my opinion its just grot. Its the grottiest thing i have ever done. What i really hate is of the 2 people who have seen it, i never pointed out the install, both commented on how good they think it looks. Yes the coach light looked like it was 1906, but im still not happy. Its not that bad of an install, ive seen much worse. Im not a perfectionist, i just like to meet unrealistic standards for my own work. I just hate the great comments about what i consider a grot install. But its my house, so i dont care. It is something i walk past often enough and will constantly be ashamed of. I blame the person who installed the coach light 40 years ago.
Old 08-10-2019, 08:57 AM   #2901
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

...When someone goes for a #2 at the toilet, rather than on it.
Old 08-10-2019, 11:55 AM   #2902
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Are you referring to that building site next door ?

Old 08-10-2019, 12:11 PM   #2903
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

No, family member with dementia.
Old 08-10-2019, 07:20 PM   #2904
Kicking back

Im not entirely pleased with all the family politics surrounding the passing of my dad. And yes its started to get into legal bs, but people are taking sides. Its just getting childish.
Old 08-10-2019, 07:43 PM   #2905
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Some people can only frame their lives with conflict. I nearly married into a family of them. :-/
Old 08-10-2019, 08:10 PM   #2906
Kicking back

Its partially will related as my brother and i have been written out however the minimum entitlement for us 3 kids goes to my sister. She sides with my dads second wife, my brother sides with my sister yet has joined me in contesting our entitlement. I dont talk to my sister, she has stopped talking to my mum who wants to pay her respects but isnt invited to the ceremony. My brother has stopped talking to my mum. Its an absolute cluster .. of an arrangement. I did ask my sister to invite the 1 mate of dads who im still in contact with and she refuses to. Its not even for the wake, just the formalities. I can understand not inviting my separated wife as she burnt bridges, but i personally would because she had known my old man for his last 18 years. I know she wants to pay her respects, doesnt mean anybody has to talk to her. I wouldnt say more then a passing hello. In my personal opinion, there shouldnt be a fixed guess list for a funeral service. Wake yes, thats financial. But service, if people want to pay their respects, i say let them. But, ive had no part in any of anything. I will pay my respects in my own way.
Old 08-10-2019, 08:16 PM   #2907
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

4 I would invite whoever you think should be there.Do what you think is right and let the rest of the family go fly their own kites
Tassie f100 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 08-10-2019, 08:24 PM   #2908
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
4 I would invite whoever you think should be there.Do what you think is right and let the rest of the family go fly their own kites
Mate i have nothing to do with the orginisation. I personally have declined my invitation. The ceremony should be open door but it is not. Honestly, who is going to attend the funeral of a person they do not hold in high regard? Now i do hold my dad in high regard, i just have distain towards his widow and the whole rest of the situation. Its not even about the financials or anything, its the situational stuff and the bs politics that wind me up. To be fair, even though i had not spoken to my dad for a while before he passed, i would turn down any amount of money to know he was still alive. It was the sudden will change not long before he passed to write me and my brother out, which was due to his current wife gold digging, which is the principle i am offended by.
Old 09-10-2019, 11:41 AM   #2909
Peter B - CV8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Mate i have nothing to do with the orginisation. I personally have declined my invitation. The ceremony should be open door but it is not. Honestly, who is going to attend the funeral of a person they do not hold in high regard? Now i do hold my dad in high regard, i just have distain towards his widow and the whole rest of the situation. Its not even about the financials or anything, its the situational stuff and the bs politics that wind me up. To be fair, even though i had not spoken to my dad for a while before he passed, i would turn down any amount of money to know he was still alive. It was the sudden will change not long before he passed to write me and my brother out, which was due to his current wife gold digging, which is the principle i am offended by.
You should go to his funeral. If you don't, it can be thrown back in your face during the will proceedings ie "he couldn't even be bothered to go to his funeral"... But the main reason is because he was your Dad.
Peter B - CV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 09-10-2019, 09:13 PM   #2910
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B - CV8 View Post
You should go to his funeral. If you don't, it can be thrown back in your face during the will proceedings ie "he couldn't even be bothered to go to his funeral"... But the main reason is because he was your Dad.
Just got word, apparently, and this is a summary, "due to greif, stress and ill health". The funeral got pushed back to the end of next month. Now, if the bs calms down in that time, yeah ill attend. The old man has already been cremated. But i mean, my dads not going to be there. So unless i do not have to deal with people being on my back about financial this or that when im not entirely happy with the whole situation, yeah ill go. But currently, thats not the case. So thats why id rather greive in my own way away from people gold digging.