Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 30-09-2018, 09:40 PM   #1
saint70
Starter Motor

Default Need advice about MD titanium

Hi

I am considering to buy 2017 Mondeo Titanium wagon diesel for my work on filed. That is around 45-50 K per year. I wonder if i can get some advice from current MD owners regarding reliability, transmission issue, service cost etc...
Never owned Ford but I am really like this Mondeo.

I have to say, did not have to chance to drive car yet. For now doing research about car and hope other will help me wth this decision...

Regards
saint70 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2018, 07:37 AM   #2
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Need advice about MD titanium

Having previously owned both an EcoBoost (Hatch) and a TDCI (Wagon) MD Titanium, I would say go for it!!!
For me personally (and you can see my threads on hear) the EcoBoost was pretty thirsty. The TDCi was really goo on fuel (a bit lacking on power though).

The issue with Mondeo's is there weight, which is a negative for both performance and fuel economy...
Never had any reliability issues on either (oh, and I had owned three previous MC Mondeos also).
Regarding service cost, jump on the Ford Site; https://www.ford.com.au/owners/service/calculator/

Very reasonable in my opinion (certainly cheaper than my Volvo).

Just one other point though, make sure it has Sync 3 and there was a change to MY17.5 which added 19" wheels. Both mine had 18" wheels, so this could be a consideration regarding high mileage (high tyre cost) and overall comfort.

Let us know how you go!!!
Old 01-10-2018, 01:13 PM   #3
saint70
Starter Motor

Thanks for answers, I will let you know once I do tesr drive 😀
saint70 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2018, 02:56 PM   #4
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ive got an MD Trend Wagon. Around town, about 8.5l/100km on the highway around 5.0l/100km sometimes into the 4s depending on hills/temperature.

Tyres wise mine has the 17" so will be cheaper than Titaniums tyres. Mine still has radar cruise which is awesome!!

Very comfortable drive... and bags of space.

Gearbox? Will be fine unless you drive it like you stole it.... and then any gearbox might struggle....
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post