Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > FPV-Tickford Club of NSW > FPV-TCNSW Club Events

Old 04-05-2007, 12:23 AM   #1
tickin
FPV-Tickford Club of NSW

Default Eastern Creek V8 Supercars - June 10/11 2007

Hi All,

Once again the FPV-Tickford Club of NSW will be attending the V8 Supercars at Eastern Creek on the Queens Birthday long weekend (sunday/monday)
We have been allocated a roped off area to park our cars and will set up shades etc along the fence to watch all the action.
If we manage to organise 80 tickets or more in total (which we should be able to) we have been offered a 10% discount of the 2-day adult general admission ticket (not much, but better than nothing)
Children under 12 are free and all other tickets (i.e. kids, paddock, 3day etc..) will have to be purchased at the gate individually.
I have to give Ford final numbers of tickets and number of cars for parking on the 25th of May, therefore I would like to collect numbers by wednesday 23rd of may.

Hope to see as many Fords and Supporters as possible......
For any further details or questions, please feel free to PM me or call me on my number below.

DETAILS:
date: Sunday 10th June
Monday 11th June
costs: normal at gate $80
our 10% discounted tickets $72

p.s. please include exact numbers when starting list (e.g. 1 car 2 tickets)

Ben
FPV-Tickford Club of NSW
0409 122763

tickin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2007, 06:53 AM   #2
shadowXR8
FPV-Tickford Club of NSW

THE LIST
Scott x1 car x1 ticket

Tickford GT _2:
Previous ride BA XR6T Acid Rush

FPV - Tickford Club of NSW Member
shadowXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2007, 04:46 PM   #3
tickin
FPV-Tickford Club of NSW

c'mon everyone!!!! where's all the names?????????
Old 16-05-2007, 06:19 PM   #4
tickXR6
Start Your Engines

Brett Finney x1 car x2 tickets
tickXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2007, 08:09 PM   #5
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

THE LIST
Scott x1 car x1 ticket
Brett Finney x1 car x2 tickets
AUIII XR8 MAN x 2 cars x 4 Tickets
Old 25-05-2007, 04:34 PM   #6
tickin
FPV-Tickford Club of NSW

Hi All,

I have given final numbers to ford and they are organising with Eastern Creek our parking area.
While we should have approx. 40 cars. Unfortunatly we didnt manage to get to the 80 ticket mark that we had to reach to get the pre-paid group discount tickets... so ALL tickets will have to be purchased by individuals... You can still pre purchase or you can just buy them at the gate.
I will post more details as i get them. (if we need to give everyone car passes, a meeting point, time etc...)

should be a good weekend...
Ben...
Old 03-06-2007, 08:23 PM   #7
tickin
FPV-Tickford Club of NSW

Some info for all those attending....
- I am posting this up just to give everyone a bit of notice as i know everyone isnt on the forums all the time, as i am yet to get a final plan of our exact display location and if we will need car passes to get in, I have based all this info on previous years, and we need to meet before hand to give out the passes that allow you into our parking section, so please be at the tavern at the times shown below.
- Please check back on here, during the week as i will post up any new info i get.. (hopefully nothing will change) but i will confirm things as soon as i know anything.
- It is an early start, but as in previous years we have to do this to get a good spot infront of our cars to view the race.
- volunteers are IMPORTANT.. we will hopefully have a shadehouse to set up and if everyone can lend a hand as soon as we get in it will make it very easy work!
- Scott will be running/organising everyone on the sunday morning as i will not be able to make in until later. (his contact number is below) he will have the car passes with him at the tavern.

Eastern Creek – V8 Supercars

Sunday 10th
8:00am -Pit Stop Café/Eastern Creek Tavern,Eastern Creek
8:30am sharp -Departing for short drive up to track. Remain in left hand lane on Brabham Drive, Turn left at roundabout, follow road up approx.100 metres and veer right to gate 2. (before entering gravel carpark) Follow dirt track along the fence and turn right at top of the hill. For those that attended last time, we will be set up in the same position.
8:30am -Step up display, club shades, banners etc…Along fence on main straight
4:00pm -Pack up.

Monday 11th
6:00am -Pit Stop Café/Eastern Creek Tavern, Eastern Creek
6:30am sharp -Departing for short drive up to track. Remain in left hand lane on Brabham Drive, Turn left at roundabout, follow road up approx.100 metres and veer right to gate 2. (before entering gravel carpark) Follow dirt track along the fence and turn right at top of the hill. For those that attended last time, we will be set up in the same position.
6:30am -Step up display, club shades, banners etc…Along fence on main straight
5:00pm -Pack up.

Costs: Refer to Eastern Creek website for ticket prices.

Notes:
• Please BE ON TIME. It is an early start, but we need to get in and get our viewing area. AVESCO have also asked us to all be together and drive in at the same time this year.
• If anyone is willing to get there even earlier on the Sunday and get our spot on the fence let me know (it would be a great help)
• It will be ON, rail / hail or shine.
• Make sure you bring a fold up chair/sunscreen/hats/jumpers etc… Never know what kind of weather to expect..
• Please give your car a BIG clean up. As they will be part of a display, not just a nice parking spot!!
• Any help in the mornings putting up club shades / roping cars off would be greatly appreciated. (the quicker its done the better for everyone)

Locations:

Pit Stop Café / Eastern Creek Tavern
Cnr Brabham Drive & Huntingwood Drive, Eastern Creek

Contacts:
Ben 0409 122763
Scott 0425 202234

Last edited by shadowXR8; 03-06-2007 at 10:15 PM.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:44 AM   #8
tickin
FPV-Tickford Club of NSW

UPDATE...
i have talked to the guy from eastern creek organising our display spot and i think we are more towards the top corner of the straight.
Therefore the directions to get into the track will be changing.. I am getting more info tonight and will put it up... please check in again if unsure, but all times are unchanged...

thanks
Ben
Old 05-06-2007, 07:31 PM   #9
Citric GT
Its yellow, NOT green!

Looks like I'll be able to go.

Do they sell tickets on the way in if youre driving your car into the track?
Old 06-06-2007, 09:31 PM   #10
tickin
FPV-Tickford Club of NSW

another update...
I have our car passes and our spot is now sorted out.
Once again, if everyone can please be at the eastern creek tavern on Brabham Drive at the times shown above, that would be great.. Scott and Myself will hand out your car passes there and we will have a short trip round the block as we have to enter via the back road and come in from behind the go-karting complex (easier than it sounds) but we should all go as a group.
And all tickets can be purchased at the gate as we drive our cars in.
For those attending both days, Scott will be handing out the car passes on the sunday morning at the tavern, for those just attending monday, I will be there with your passes.

See you all on the weekend.....

Please find our contact numbers below:
Ben 0409 122763
Scott 0425 202234

Last edited by tickin; 06-06-2007 at 09:37 PM.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:09 AM   #11
GJR

See you all there. My Dad ownes a XR8 Au rebal 2 and I own a TE50 we will have to join your club in the near future so we can attend race events with you all.
GJR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2007, 07:33 PM   #12
Citric GT
Its yellow, NOT green!

Sorry but I'm not able to attend now.

Hope yas all have fun.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:32 AM   #13
Grum
Bringing the Spartan back

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I'll be there but in a box! The GF got tickets through work, i've got to go pick the up off Gary Baxter tomorrow night! I wont snob ya, i'll come up and say helo

East Coast Suspensions
Road - Race - Performance & Prestige Car Service

BOSS 5.4L Silicon hose kits for sale
BA/BF FPV parts for sale

The only negative thing in your life should be camber

Blue Power Racing Enhanced
Chris & Craig - Thanks!
Grum is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2007, 07:19 AM   #14
shadowXR8
FPV-Tickford Club of NSW

What a weekend dispite the weather on Saturday, they did a good job of finding us another spot to put or cars, also I would like to thank the guys from the other clubs that came it was good to cath up and meet some new people. The only thing I can complain about is the race result.

Tickford GT _2:
Previous ride BA XR6T Acid Rush

FPV - Tickford Club of NSW Member
shadowXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2007, 01:17 PM   #15
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Sorry I couldnt make it guys... Stupid work... Sunday had server issues and on Monday, WA didnt have a day off!! grrr...
kypez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2007, 01:41 PM   #16
tickin
FPV-Tickford Club of NSW

What started out as a bad looking weekend turned good..!!!
Thanks all for coming... while it wasnt as good a spot as previous years (due to the walk from the pits being a shocker!!) unfortunatly we couldnt do much since our usual spot was washed out.. but still a great weekend, with the weather clearing for us too.
while it wasnt much of a display, more just a parking area together, it was still better than just being in the general area.
A couple of pics from the day...

Thanks again for all that came out in the weather and early time slots..!!!
I hope everyone had a good time...

cheers
Ben