Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 23-04-2008, 07:41 PM   #331
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Unbraked max is 750kg all models

Petrol 2.3 max is 1200kg braked

Diesel and Turbo Max is 1600kg braked with compulsory load level kit.

AFAIK the Heavy Duty bar is the same, but requires the levelling kit on diesel and Turbo above 1200kg.
Old 23-04-2008, 09:34 PM   #332
scribbly

Brucel, I saw in one of your other posts that your car is a sedan. Maybe that is also dictating the 1200 kg limit. I will ask the dealer tomorrow.

MA Mondeo
SZ Territory Titanium - >400,000 km
VF SSV Redline
BiTurbo Ranger XLT
scribbly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2008, 10:01 PM   #333
zetec
Zoom Zoom

As above, no difference between sedan or hatch.
Old 24-04-2008, 08:31 AM   #334
scribbly

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtRmn8
I thought the Mondeo has a 750kg un-breaked and 1200kg breaked tow rating. Not sure why they would have a 1600kg tow bar?

I got a factory tow bar fitted for $800. I am not going to tow anything over 400kg so I am not too worried about load ratings.
I've got a 1000 litre tank of water on a trailer ready to go in case of bushfire. Better safe (water & towbar load rating) than sorry I say.

MA Mondeo
VF SSV Redline
BiTurbo Ranger XLT
Old 24-04-2008, 12:39 PM   #335
brucel
brucel

I think Zetec is correct in that there is only one towbar available, with the load levelling kit being required to tow 1600kg (TDCI sedan/hatch and Turbo versions only). My confusion relates to earlier posts indicating prices for of $830 for the 1200kg bar, $850 for 1600kg without the levelling kit and $980 for the 1600kg with levelling kit. This was compounded by both my dealers spare parts and service divisions only having one bar listed on their computers. I am still awaiting further news regarding the 1600kg option from them.
Thanks for the replies.
brucel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2008, 12:50 AM   #336
XtRmn8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Picked the car up tonight

Very happy with it so far. Will post a couple of pictures once I get the tint put on.
XtRmn8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2008, 04:13 PM   #337
XtRmn8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Towed my 400kg jet ski to the beach and back this morning and I could not even feel any difference in drive. Not revving the car over 3500rpm for the first 1500kms and there is no need to, the 6 speed does an awesome job.

Very impressed so far
Old 26-04-2008, 08:56 AM   #338
DRU842
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

One week in & delighted with the performance & getting used to the gizmos.
2017 Mustang Lightening Blue, Cobb Intercooler, CAI, AccessPort, Turbo Blanket & V2 Exhaust, Mishimoto Down-Pipe & Overflow Tank, GFB DV+, Custom CRD Tune. Ford Performance Short Throw Shifter & Strut Brace. DBA T3 Brakes & Pads. Braided Brake Lines. H&R Coilovers. Anderson CF Track Pack Spoiler & Tailgate Panel. Blue CF/Leather Steering Wheel.
DRU842 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2008, 03:21 PM   #339
jared79
Sock Puppets

Just got back from a 3 day camping trip. Travelled Highway and even a terrible dirt road. Car went beautifully, absoltly no complaints, except for how dirty it is now. It drove very well on the dirt road. We had the car full of camping equipment and not one issues. Even got great fuel economy. Got down to and averaged 7.4L/100km on the way there and about 8.8 on the way back, but the traffic was worse on the way back.

It was fun watching the KM till empty go up and up and up. Should end up with getting about 800-900km out of this tank with that trip. Would love to see what it's like on a continuous drive where you go through a whole tank. Reckon I may get over 900k's on that tank.

Ford Mondeo Zetec Hatch in Blue Ambition
jared79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2008, 11:55 PM   #340
zetec
Zoom Zoom

I got 1,150km to empty showing after refuelling after a drive from Sydney to Melbourne. Did 950km on the one tank and still had 220km showing to empty. Filled it up and it said 1,150km!!
Old 28-04-2008, 12:01 AM   #341
jared79
Sock Puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I got 1,150km to empty showing after refuelling after a drive from Sydney to Melbourne. Did 950km on the one tank and still had 220km showing to empty. Filled it up and it said 1,150km!!
In an XR6? Thats pretty amazing.

Old 28-04-2008, 12:23 AM   #342
XtRmn8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I used to get pretty good kms out of a tank in my NA Fairmont, but nothing like that! Best I got out of a tank was around 760kms. This was a long trip down south with 98% of the trip set on 100km/h on cruise.

The Mondeo has only got 460kms on it and so far has been pretty amazing on fuel. We have done 300kms over the weekend and used just over a 1/4 of a tank.
Old 28-04-2008, 12:49 AM   #343
XtRmn8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That was supposed to be BA and not NA in my previous post.
Old 28-04-2008, 03:41 AM   #344
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Sorry everyone, should have clarified. that was in a Mondeo TDCi hatch. Didn't even think you'd look at my sig and think I was talking about an XR6!! At Easter.

Air con was on, overtook when necessary and healthily held the speed limit the whole way. Wasn't trying to be economical.

Best I've done in a BA/BF is 7.4L/100km Syd-Melb on one tank almost. Just south of Campbelltown to Broadmeadows with about a thimble of 91 RON left. 7.4L/100 is also the best I ever got out of my 2.0 Zetec Focus between Syd and Melb. So the big Falcon 6's are pretty economical on the highway when spinning at just above idle revs at 100km/h!!
Old 05-05-2008, 12:08 AM   #345
Superoo
Mondeo TDCi / BA XR6T

Anyone had any problems yet with the parking sensors? Mine failed on 3 mornings last week (turn them on and you get a constant beep but the light in the switch flashes and then the system disengages) and then proceeded to be fine of an evening. I just love intermittent faults.

Also a word of warning regarding the DTE reading. I was driving along with the DTE showing 45 kms to go and within about 5 kays it was showing 0. Had a bit of a panic attack driving to the closest servo that's for sure. Won't let that happen again.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:08 AM   #346
jared79
Sock Puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superoo
Anyone had any problems yet with the parking sensors? Mine failed on 3 mornings last week (turn them on and you get a constant beep but the light in the switch flashes and then the system disengages) and then proceeded to be fine of an evening. I just love intermittent faults.

Also a word of warning regarding the DTE reading. I was driving along with the DTE showing 45 kms to go and within about 5 kays it was showing 0. Had a bit of a panic attack driving to the closest servo that's for sure. Won't let that happen again.

Haven't had that issue with the parking sensors. As for the DTE, I actually find mine pretty accurate. Although I don't pay a lot of attention to it, so I may be wrong. When my fuel light comes on, I just get more fuel. My old falcon has a DTE and it never worked, so I just ignore them. They are just a rough estimate anyway. Your driving will most likely change from minute to minute so I don't know how accurate they can be. On the highway though, I would think they would be better.

I will let you know if ever run out of fuel. Thats one way to test it.

Old 05-05-2008, 03:21 PM   #347
scribbly

Quote:
Yes, I'm hearing the same problem on mine. Have you got a towbar fitted? I was thinking that the dealer stuffed up the sensitivity setup on mine or something.

MA Mondeo
VF SSV Redline
BiTurbo Ranger XLT
Old 05-05-2008, 03:33 PM   #348
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared79
Haven't had that issue with the parking sensors. As for the DTE, I actually find mine pretty accurate. Although I don't pay a lot of attention to it, so I may be wrong. When my fuel light comes on, I just get more fuel. My old falcon has a DTE and it never worked, so I just ignore them. They are just a rough estimate anyway. Your driving will most likely change from minute to minute so I don't know how accurate they can be. On the highway though, I would think they would be better.

I will let you know if ever run out of fuel. Thats one way to test it.
What's the low fuel light look like? I've never had mine come on. I learnt when I was doing a lot of country miles in my Futura to fill up as soon as it got to 1/4.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2008, 04:06 PM   #349
XtRmn8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
What's the low fuel light look like? I've never had mine come on. I learnt when I was doing a lot of country miles in my Futura to fill up as soon as it got to 1/4.
It comes up as an orange colour petrol bowser inside the speedo. I filled up last night with the DTE at 18kms. Got 770kms out of the first tank of 95 ULP.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:50 PM   #350
scribbly

Quote:
You should also get a chime when the light illuminates. I filled up with 40 km to go on the DTE and put approx 64 litres in.

MA Mondeo
VF SSV Redline
BiTurbo Ranger XLT
Old 06-05-2008, 06:10 PM   #351
scribbly

Quote:
Anyone had any problems yet with the parking sensors? Mine failed on 3 mornings last week (turn them on and you get a constant beep but the light in the switch flashes and then the system disengages) and then proceeded to be fine of an evening. I just love intermittent faults.....
Superoo, did this fault recur for you? It happened this morning to me. VIC country cold - maybe? I ran the diagnostic feature where you hold down the OK button when starting the car but had nothing to match the resulting codes against.
Does anyone have a matrix showing the code meanings?

MA Mondeo
VF SSV Redline
BiTurbo Ranger XLT
Old 06-05-2008, 06:32 PM   #352
jared79
Sock Puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by scribbly
Superoo, did this fault recur for you? It happened this morning to me. VIC country cold - maybe? I ran the diagnostic feature where you hold down the OK button when starting the car but had nothing to match the resulting codes against.
Whats this diagnostic feature?

Old 06-05-2008, 08:10 PM   #353
scribbly

Quote:
Whats this diagnostic feature?
I picked up the detail on the UK Mondeo Users Group forum and thought I'd give it a whirl. It's pretty cool.

MA Mondeo
VF SSV Redline
BiTurbo Ranger XLT
Old 06-05-2008, 08:45 PM   #354
Superoo
Mondeo TDCi / BA XR6T

Quote:
Originally Posted by scribbly
Nice theory about the cold weather. Mine did it 3 mornings running when it was quite cold and now the last 3 mornings where it has been milder - no problem!
Old 06-05-2008, 10:19 PM   #355
jared79
Sock Puppets

Maybe a bit of frost on the sensors? Don't get much up here in Brissie, so I haven't had any issues.

Oh and don't you hate it when you find your first little chip. Felt like crying.

Old 06-05-2008, 10:25 PM   #356
LRsedan
Now XR5hatch!

Quote:
Maybe a bit of frost on the sensors? Don't get much up here in Brissie, so I haven't had any issues.

Oh and don't you hate it when you find your first little chip. Felt like crying.
I was upset, problem now solved...

www.ozicozi.com.au

I've got one chip, there will be no more from now :
LRsedan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2008, 10:35 PM   #357
jared79
Sock Puppets

Thanks LRsedan, just sent away for a quote.

Old 07-05-2008, 08:57 AM   #358
scribbly

Quote:
No frost - just checked and the sensors were dry but the indicated outside temp was 8 degrees and I know it can go there sometimes in Qld.

MA Mondeo
VF SSV Redline
BiTurbo Ranger XLT
Old 07-05-2008, 09:45 AM   #359
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Thanks LRsedan, just sent away for a quote.
Be interested to see what they quote you. I've got the factory bonnet protector, but there is a big front bumper and also the headlights - which I know are poly-carbonate and unlikely to crack, but you never know...

If you want you can PM me with the price, perhaps if a few more of us do it, it might be a little cheaper.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2008, 10:16 PM   #360
LRsedan
Now XR5hatch!

Quote:
Be interested to see what they quote you. I've got the factory bonnet protector, but there is a big front bumper and also the headlights - which I know are poly-carbonate and unlikely to crack, but you never know...

If you want you can PM me with the price, perhaps if a few more of us do it, it might be a little cheaper.
I got the following done...

Headlights
Entire front bumper
first 14 inches of the bonnet
rear bumper area when you open the hatch (stop scuffs from loading luggage)
backs on the wing mirrors
fog light lenses

Cost $450. 4-hrs to install.

And just for the record the headlights do chip, I got a small chip/scuff in mine. Probably wouldn't crack though unless it was a substantial hit.

From 1 metre away the entire kit is invisible, you struggle to see it unless your on a certain angle. 9/10 people won't even know its there...
LRsedan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post