Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 15-01-2008, 01:40 AM   #181
XtRmn8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Anyone here work for a Ford dealer? Over the weekend I went down to the local dealer to have a look at the Mondeo and noticed they had 2 LX Mondoes with the smooth pack (?) and they now have the same style wheels as the Zetec but just in 16inch. The last one I looked at with the smooth pack had those multi-spoke horrid looking things on it?
XtRmn8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2008, 09:23 AM   #182
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoonfan
Nothing to unusual in that department! however if there is one gripe its the Air Conditioning on paticularly hot days! on a recent hot spell in Melb it does struggle and is nowhere near as efficent as the Phoon! any one else found the same thing?
A/C is a bit dodgy in the hotter days. I think it comes with the black interior. That can really heat up. Also, my Futura had more vents across the windscreen, so it will be interesting to see in winter how well they go working the inside.

Lots of breakdust on the front wheel. Done over 630 on first tank, and it's giving me a reading of 8.3 l/100 Kms. Not too bad for mainly city driving.

My car still has a smudge on the windscreen which I'm fighting with the dealer over. Pretty bad customer service on his behalf, especially when he said he was going to call me last Wednesday, and I've heard nothing yet.

Still have to fill out my Ford customer satisfaction survey.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2008, 12:22 PM   #183
jared79
Sock Puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
My car still has a smudge on the windscreen which I'm fighting with the dealer over. Pretty bad customer service on his behalf, especially when he said he was going to call me last Wednesday, and I've heard nothing yet.
Whats the smudge on your screen Dusty? Was it there when you purchased the car?

Ford Mondeo Zetec Hatch in Blue Ambition
jared79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2008, 12:39 PM   #184
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared79

When I picked it up, there was a smudge, like from a dirty cloth, across and down (like a reverse and upside down J) on the inside of the windscreen. I have windexed it 4 times, put undiluted vinegar on it, and also used some spray and wipe on it, and it is still there. I only got the car on 4 January.

I put a rocket up the dealer, and he was going to do something about it last week, but didn't so I lit the candle again last night, and he was going to get someone out here today. Still waiting.

Not real flash.
Old 15-01-2008, 12:45 PM   #185
TheColonel

Due to a strike in one of it's suppliers production at Genk has come to grinding halt this afternoon... this is where the Mondeo production line is...

Fork-lift drivers at 'Syncreon' demand a pay-raise to align their wages with other Ford-suppliers...

Syncreon supplies doorpanels and floor-cabelling directly to Ford through the conveyor belt...

So anyone with a Mondeo on order that has not been built yet may experience some delays, lets hope its resolved quickly
Old 15-01-2008, 07:00 PM   #186
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtRmn8
Anyone here work for a Ford dealer? Over the weekend I went down to the local dealer to have a look at the Mondeo and noticed they had 2 LX Mondoes with the smooth pack (?) and they now have the same style wheels as the Zetec but just in 16inch. The last one I looked at with the smooth pack had those multi-spoke horrid looking things on it?
I believe the wheel style has changed now to the 16" Zetec-style
Old 15-01-2008, 07:02 PM   #187
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoonfan
Nothing to unusual in that department! however if there is one gripe its the Air Conditioning on paticularly hot days! on a recent hot spell in Melb it does struggle and is nowhere near as efficent as the Phoon! any one else found the same thing?
Thats usually fairly common with cars built in colder climates like Europe.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2008, 09:26 AM   #188
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Jared, the dealer organised to come and pick the car up yesterday, take it back to the dealer and get the smudge removed. It happened when they were detailing it for me. It's sorted now and they have cleaned the smudge off. The dealer said that the detailers had to use something they don't normally use to get the smudge off. Must have been pretty powerful, as everything I used didn't move it.
Old 16-01-2008, 10:01 AM   #189
RATT
In a Pug..

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtRmn8
Yep they changed recently.
RATT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2008, 03:17 PM   #190
jared79
Sock Puppets

This post has gone a little quiet. Just found out my Mondeo came into the dealer today. But because I am leasing it, I have to wait until the paper work is finished. So another 1-2 weeks they say.

Not happy Jan.

Old 21-01-2008, 05:29 PM   #191
Superoo
Mondeo TDCi / BA XR6T

Quote:
This post has gone a little quiet. Just found out my Mondeo came into the dealer today. But because I am leasing it, I have to wait until the paper work is finished. So another 1-2 weeks they say.

Not happy Jan.
Gotta love lease paperwork....
Be interesting to hear your thoughts on the Zetec. Haven't read much feedback on them yet. I'm sure you'll be happy once you have it.
I'm off to give mine its first wash tonight.
Old 21-01-2008, 07:41 PM   #192
bearass
FG XR8

Thumbs up

Quote:

Not happy Jan.

Mine is in and I will pick it up tomorrow and post pictures. Went for a quick run today very impressive but will let you know more detail tomorrow.
Old 23-01-2008, 06:26 PM   #193
aj2653
Starter Motor

My new mondeo air con no where near as cold as the ten year old one i traded it in for. Thought might have been a one off
aj2653 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2008, 08:19 PM   #194
TheColonel

Oh the irony is on here we complain about our air con, and guys in Europe complain when their heated screens are not coming on automatically when it's below 4 degrees...
Old 24-01-2008, 11:00 AM   #195
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj2653
My new mondeo air con no where near as cold as the ten year old one i traded it in for. Thought might have been a one off
The A/C isn't as good as the one that was in my 2003 Falcon either. With the sunroof open it makes a bit of difference. I never turn mine off. Manages to leave a frost stain on the windscreen (in the morning), so it's doing something.
Old 24-01-2008, 04:37 PM   #196
vtr007
VTR007

Hey phoon the P.C.D for the rims have to be 108x5 very hard to find the size got my rims through BSA as alot of there wheels are drilled to what is needed, also be carful with 19" as my 18" just miss the brake caliper, i cant even fit a match head between the two, also found out not to lower the car because it stuffs up the stability control which is a bummer.

cheers
tim
vtr007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2008, 04:42 PM   #197
jared79
Sock Puppets

I wonder if its the A/C gas they are using? Maybe be different to the one we use in Australia, but I am not sure. I guess we will find out when we need to regas it. If it's not cold enough, I might take to an auto electrician and ask them about it. They may have a way of making it colder. But, it is climate controlled. It should adjust the cabin to be what ever temp you set it as.

Oh well, anyway. My current falcon hasn't had Aircon for about 3 years, so any aircon will be great.

Hopefully next week guys, I took some pics the other day. It's at the dealers and ready and waiting for the lease company to get it's act together and get the paperwork done.

I will post the pics tonight, I am at work. So can't at the moment.

Old 24-01-2008, 05:39 PM   #198
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
I wonder if its the A/C gas they are using? Maybe be different to the one we use in Australia, but I am not sure. I guess we will find out when we need to regas it. If it's not cold enough, I might take to an auto electrician and ask them about it. They may have a way of making it colder. But, it is climate controlled. It should adjust the cabin to be what ever temp you set it as.

Oh well, anyway. My current falcon hasn't had Aircon for about 3 years, so any aircon will be great.

Hopefully next week guys, I took some pics the other day. It's at the dealers and ready and waiting for the lease company to get it's act together and get the paperwork done.

I will post the pics tonight, I am at work. So can't at the moment.
I reckon you will be the first to have a non-diesel on here. Interesting to see what you get per km.

Hope it works out for you.
Old 24-01-2008, 05:45 PM   #199
jared79
Sock Puppets

I think you may be right, although there are a couple of XR5's. But I think I will be the first Zetec.

I will let you know how it goes. I know it's not going to be as good as the diesel. But it's ok. I don't mind.

Old 24-01-2008, 05:48 PM   #200
jared79
Sock Puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtr007
Hey phoon the P.C.D for the rims have to be 108x5 very hard to find the size got my rims through BSA as alot of there wheels are drilled to what is needed, also be carful with 19" as my 18" just miss the brake caliper, i cant even fit a match head between the two, also found out not to lower the car because it stuffs up the stability control which is a bummer.

cheers
tim
Hey Tim, thanks for the info. That sucks about the lowing as I was planning on doing it. But now, I wont. But wheels, I may just think about changing them instead. But if I can only go 18's. Well, then it may not be worth it either.

Dang, Dang, Dang, Dang.

Old 24-01-2008, 10:10 PM   #201
jared79
Sock Puppets

Here it is guys, my new car. Still sitting at the dealers. But its there, in the flesh and I can't wait.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mondeo1.JPG (112.7 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg Mondeo2.JPG (89.7 KB, 66 views)

Old 25-01-2008, 10:14 AM   #202
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Here it is guys, my new car. Still sitting at the dealers. But its there, in the flesh and I can't wait.
Looks great. I wanted the blue, and had one as a Ford Motor Co company car before Xmas, and it is a great colour.

Bet you can't wait to get it!
Old 25-01-2008, 10:58 AM   #203
Superoo
Mondeo TDCi / BA XR6T

Blue Ambition looks great - especially when you see it outside. The contrast against some of the chrome trim really stands out. Not that I'm biased or anything.....
Old 25-01-2008, 07:25 PM   #204
vtr007
VTR007

hey jared you should be able to go bigger just ask them if it will rub on the brake calipers as in the other forum im in there running 19" and 20" rims
vtr007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2008, 08:00 PM   #205
FRIKA
FRIKA

Well my baby is here as well and pick it up on Tuesday. Bloody long weekend. The only time i wish we didnt have one
Old 25-01-2008, 08:09 PM   #206
jared79
Sock Puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtr007
hey jared you should be able to go bigger just ask them if it will rub on the brake calipers as in the other forum im in there running 19" and 20" rims
Very true i might just ask that. The other option of course is to try and pick up some XR5 rims and our dealer told me the focus rims will fit as well. But that will be awhile away. Dont have the cash at the moment.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Old 26-01-2008, 01:27 AM   #207
TheColonel

New new arrival... loving it...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 25012008819.jpg (60.9 KB, 93 views)
Old 26-01-2008, 03:13 AM   #208
jared79
Sock Puppets

Colonel, did you get that from Byrne Ford Kedron?

Old 26-01-2008, 11:01 AM   #209
GRT046
Mondeo TDCi

Great looking car Colonel. In black it looks very classy and you have it for the long weekend as well ..... a bonus. :
Sunroof
GRT046 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2008, 12:52 PM   #210
TheColonel

Quote:
Colonel, did you get that from Byrne Ford Kedron?
Yup...