Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 16-04-2006, 01:53 PM   #31
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

LMS 's AU was stolen...lucky they got it back and had a smashed window.....

your heart would sink....
Old 16-04-2006, 01:53 PM   #32
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
How could it be done without the key?
I think it was a retorical question

I wouldn't do anything that locks them in the car beause it means that they will cause more damage trying to get out, like smashing a window (if they didn't already).

Have a look at these car security devices:

http://www.stickdeath.com/2005auto.html
http://www.stickdeath.com/2003auto.html
http://www.stickdeath.com/autothft.html
http://www.stickdeath.com/autothft2.html

Have some good ones there....

I think I may invest in a car alarm... SMS one... might be well worth it....

Does anyone know if having an aftermarket alarm will lower your insurance?

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2006, 02:49 PM   #33
The Monty
Just slidin'

I put one on my old camry, asked if it would lower my premiums, they said no.
Old 16-04-2006, 06:27 PM   #34
Scarecrow
Starter Motor

I live in Dubbo NSW guys. Apparently the AU's have become a bit of a target here not for theft but mostly for just random destruction. Some little bastard broke into one a few weeks ago, took the cd player and ИИИИ, and set the car on fire afterwards! As if stealing the cd player isnt enough.

Btw my car turned up. Total write off.. ended up in Gordon Estate.. the local Aborigional Community. You've probabley read about it in the Daily Telegraph when they talk about worst crime communities in NSW :/ They took a heap of ИИИИ off it though. Some of the body aswell as the wheels.

ИИИИing ИИИИs.
Scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 12:35 AM   #35
XR6Stu

That sucks mate. Really sorry to hear. Hope you get an AU for your nexty, and hope it isnt too much hassle with insurance etc. Good luck!
XR6Stu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 12:56 AM   #36
Baboon_AU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

wow, that is really bad. i can't think of how they wouldn have started the car??? especially from the inside. maybe i am thinking some tweaking from inside the car and some from under the bonnet also.

i have thought about putting a kill switch on my car so often and hiding it in the ash tray or in the steering colum when you pull the steering wheel down.

sorry to hear mate, hope you get your baby back how it was when it left your arms!

1981 XD Fairmont 351 - 351 Cleveland, ARP bolts, flat top pistons, Stage 3 Dynotec cam, ported 2V heads with 4V valves, Roller Rockers, Weiand manifold, Mighty Demon, 1/2" fuel lines with blue Holley fuel pump, Crane hi-6 ignition, B&M megashifter, C4, hi-stall, shift kit, 3.77 Ford 9" LSD.

Thanks to: EvilChief and SJW Performance
Baboon_AU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 01:12 AM   #37
geza
Donating Member1

Sorry to hear mate. Had my ZL stolen in front of the Alfred Hospital years ago, cops found it 2 weeks later, the joyriders caused no damage whatsoever they just stole my Melway and a pair of old sunnies and the little bastards even had the balls to lock the car after they had finished.

Anyway this is what they deserve.. watch the video
http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/africa/9812...e.thrower.car/
Old 17-04-2006, 02:02 AM   #38
Scott

That really suck's, sorry to hear it mate. As they say though, as one door closes another one opens.........

OPEN DOOR
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 02:03 AM   #39
OZFORDAU
Banned

Post Shocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow
I live in Dubbo NSW guys. Apparently the AU's have become a bit of a target here not for theft but mostly for just random destruction. Some little bastard broke into one a few weeks ago, took the cd player and ИИИИ, and set the car on fire afterwards! As if stealing the cd player isnt enough.

Btw my car turned up. Total write off.. ended up in Gordon Estate.. the local Aborigional Community. You've probabley read about it in the Daily Telegraph when they talk about worst crime communities in NSW :/ They took a heap of ИИИИ off it though. Some of the body aswell as the wheels.

ИИИИing ИИИИs.
Mate, sorry to hear that! Have you got any pics at all? Was your car set on fire?

Cheers

Simon

PS: All i have to say is KAMA out:
OZFORDAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 08:18 AM   #40
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

Sorry to hear that, sound like a pro job if parts & panels are missing than dumb in a high crime area.

The best type of alarm for cars is Quicktracks in the city area as these work better in underground cars parks were GPS types wouldn't. But at the end of the day if they know what they are doing & they will get it. I knew a pro car thief (friend of mate) & he told me once if he couldn't start it, he would tow it.
Old 17-04-2006, 10:21 AM   #41
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by geza
Sorry to hear mate. Had my ZL stolen in front of the Alfred Hospital years ago, cops found it 2 weeks later, the joyriders caused no damage whatsoever they just stole my Melway and a pair of old sunnies and the little bastards even had the balls to lock the car after they had finished.

Anyway this is what they deserve.. watch the video
http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/africa/9812...e.thrower.car/
Nice to know there still are some honest joyriders around!
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 10:42 AM   #42
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Parking under lights isn't necesarily the best. I parked at the first spot right next to the main doors to the shopping center (Tuggeranong Hyperdome - Hungry Jacks Entrance) and under a light, and my old car still got a window smashed and s*** stolen....

Just better off with an alarm...

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 12:43 PM   #43
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I accidentally came across a way of bypassing it ... didn't realise it at first ... and bang ... the bastard started without a key.

*shakes head* .... was too easy for my liking too.

There's ways of getting around security systems .... and I think it might be time to have a chat with Stav about security for the ute.

Ho hum.

Scarecrow: Hope you get your pride and joy back in one piece ... the main thing is you have insurance though (full coverage = smart). Nothing worse than finding your car has been trashed though.

I'd be bloody mad if i found my car was nicked as well.

EDIT: I should read the entire thread first .... dammit.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 11:20 PM   #44
chief
FTF Club Moderator

rapidxr6: Mr Juicy did not get his car back and got insurance payour as he was fully insured.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 01:31 PM   #45
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

I had this friend who had an old hotted up sleeper Cortina. Whenever he parked it he would actually remove an engine part from the bay to ensure it can't be started. I wonder how easy it is to do with a modern car without slowly wrecking it.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 01:41 PM   #46
antilooped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauphin
I had this friend who had an old hotted up sleeper Cortina. Whenever he parked it he would actually remove an engine part from the bay to ensure it can't be started. I wonder how easy it is to do with a modern car without slowly wrecking it.

*thinks* removing the spark lead from the coil pack to the dizzy on my old xf which never got pinched!
Old 18-04-2006, 04:53 PM   #47
autickfordfairmont
Tickford Equiped

I know of a guy who had his WRX stollen from his carport whilst inside watching TV. Had a very very very good & expensive alarm on it, monitored and all. Alarm company rang him up, and said, "Do you know your car is moving, and it hasn't been started", he was like "no you must be wrong, its in the carport outside, oh wait, OH ИИИИ"

Anything can be stolen on the back of a Flat Bed Tow Truck. no matter how good your alarm or immobiliser is.
TS50 Front Bar with Fog lights, TS50 Rear Bar. Injected LPG System,
autickfordfairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 06:49 PM   #48
StAndArdAU
Back in a Blue Oval

me and my mate were installing muh first aftermarket stereo in muh S1 and he managed to start the car... Key definintly was not in ign someone tell me how this is possible. he's a sparky but not an auto sparky
Old 19-04-2006, 11:09 PM   #49
kryzak260
Brembo Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauphin
Easiest way, and what i sometimes do when i am worried about the car is remove the fuel pump relay. It is simple to remove/install and small enough to carry around. The thing is, the car will crank but will not fire, so the average theif would not start looking for a starter killswitch or anything.

Hers: 2006 BF Super Pursuit in Vixen
kryzak260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2006, 11:34 PM   #50
SIKSIX
Its gone V

My mate has on old datsun skyline, and i hooked up a relay to get triggered by the interior light switches, and then it keeps the (air) horn on till you flick the switch back which is hidden as is all of the wiring, i wanna see how a person will react to a air horn going off in the dead quiet of night.......mwahahahahah.
SIKSIX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2006, 11:46 PM   #51
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Car theif's should have there knee caps drilled. My mate had his early commodore stolen a few years back. He got a phone call about 18months later telling him it had been found in a street in Chelthenham. Aparently it had been sitting there in the street for the full 18 months until one of the neighbours finally complained to the council.

I pull the rotor button out of my XT if I leave it anywhere. For my old XW I built a kit from Jaycar. Basically it would let the car start but then it would die a couple of seconds later. The idea was that the thief would pump more fuel in trying to keep it running and flood the engine. The kits probably not really applicable for late model stuff...
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2006, 10:37 AM   #52
EACRUISER
EA V8 & AU II 4.0 Forte

Unfortunate that there are those in society who do this sort of thing for a living.

My dads friend had his immaculate VS Clubsport Stolen out of his garage. That thing had an alarm on the garage and a clublock and an alarm/immobiliser and kill switch and they still managed to steal it.

Cops thought he arranged the whole thing, it seemed to be a clean break and take, they knew what they were doing, as it was insured for the maximum and only had 15,000kms on the clock. Still hasn't shown up and that was 2 years ago. The police reckon it was shipped interstate, i think i have seen it a few times but i stop those people to check the VIN numbers and still havent found it.
EACRUISER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2006, 03:12 PM   #53
russky
Road Terrorist

Quote:

The salesman who sold me the car said it was almost impossible to steal an AU Falcon :evil3: because of the immobiliser, and the fancy ignition.
Most complex alarm systems, and a combination of them, take maximum of 20/25 min to disable and drive off.
russky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2006, 03:58 PM   #54
eXi7w0unD

you could always get that exhaust in europe the shoots flames from the side of the car.. lol totally set them on fire, or even mod the system to shoot napalm HAHAHAH that would be funny ИИИИ
Old 22-04-2006, 04:48 PM   #55
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG
Where have you taken your car recently? Some places can be very dodgy. It happened to my dad back about 10 years. Getting new tyres, they dissabled the alarm... And made it easy for them to get in. Then they have your address details, easy as. Watch where you take your car.LG
Yep, I knew a guy many years ago who worked in an automotive workshop.

He also took orders for stolen cars.

When the model that was ordered came in for service/repairs he'd have a key cut and go and get it a week or two later (obviously he has the address of the car's owner).

Probably a bit more involved these days, but there is bound to be variations on a theme out there in wonderland.
ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2006, 05:39 PM   #56
russky
Road Terrorist

As a good saying goes, whenever you buy something, someone is already planning to steal it.
russky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2006, 05:57 PM   #57
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

sorry to hear about that , hope we dont see it at the AU BBQ day lol

Daniel

AU2PWR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2006, 11:34 PM   #58
TUF514
Banned

Quote:
Im thanking my parents for convincing me to get full comprehensive at the moment.. I'd be screwed without it. Still pretty ИИИИed off. I thought immobilisers stopped cars from starting without the key, and the flash ignition couldnt be hotwired?
you dont need full comp to claim theft mate.

shame about the ИИИИ you have to go through though.

anyone go to the jaycar site?

they have these internal alarms. when the crook is in the car, the beaming sound is so intense, apparently they have to abandon the steal cuz it hurts to much..... i think its like 15 bucks too.!!!
TUF514 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post