Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-07-2017, 09:24 PM   #1
MrZ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Ford finally drops Falcon from it's website, but Territory is still up

I was wondering when Ford would finally get around to doing this - the Falcon (and Falcon ute) are now officially gone from the Ford website, but the Territory is still listed: www.ford.com.au

Ford now list the "Fiesta ST", "Focus ST", and "Focus RS" (why is the picture so tiny?) all as separate models, to make it look like they sell more models than they actually do.
MrZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2017, 09:27 PM   #2
Ghiaman
Kinetic FG X XR8

Default Re: Ford finally drops Falcon from it's website, but Territory is still up

You could still buy a new Falcon up until just recently. New Territory's still available.
Obviously 2016 builds.
A Technicality...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Ghiaman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2017, 09:04 AM   #3
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Default Re: Ford finally drops Falcon from it's website, but Territory is still up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZ View Post
I was wondering when Ford would finally get around to doing this - the Falcon (and Falcon ute) are now officially gone from the Ford website, but the Territory is still listed: www.ford.com.au

Ford now list the "Fiesta ST", "Focus ST", and "Focus RS" (why is the picture so tiny?) all as separate models, to make it look like they sell more models than they actually do.
People that buy an ST or an RS don't want to look at all of the stuff regarding other versions.

Your comment about " to make it look like they sell more models " is a but rich
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 03-07-2017, 01:14 AM   #4
Hawkeye84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghiaman View Post
You could still buy a new Falcon up until just recently. New Territory's still available.
Obviously 2016 builds.
A Technicality...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman1
Yep lots of people in Syria, Iraq, and Brazil googling Camaro

The difference globally is about double too for Mustang.
Yeap I'm sure Dealers would have stock piled what they could. If it's on the website, I'm sure you can get one at the dealers or else the ACCC would be down on Ford like a tonne of bricks
Hawkeye84 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2017, 10:18 AM   #5
amiers
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Was at a dealer the other day and he still had 3 new FG-X Falcons for sale and a XR8 Sprint!
Old 03-07-2017, 02:42 PM   #6
Mainforcepatrol

I had a look at their website last night and Falcon sedan & ute is still showing.
Mainforcepatrol is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 04-07-2017, 11:10 PM   #7
Vormund

Click "explore all vehicles" and the Falcon will come up.

I do note though that when you go to explore falcon specifically it does put it in the "history vehicles" category. Its like they want to keep it hanging on there.

https://www.ford.com.au/about-ford/History/falcon/
Vormund is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2017, 01:20 PM   #8
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiers View Post
Was at a dealer the other day and he still had 3 new FG-X Falcons for sale and a XR8 Sprint!
New or ex-demo, they would have clocked up KMS by now just by being moved around on the lot for a clean.
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2017, 01:26 PM   #9
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vormund View Post
Click "explore all vehicles" and the Falcon will come up.

I do note though that when you go to explore falcon specifically it does put it in the "history vehicles" category. Its like they want to keep it hanging on there.

https://www.ford.com.au/about-ford/History/falcon/
Its common for companies not to remove product it entirely from their website if its no longer available.
you still need to capture the web search to show what you have as an alternative.

Yes ..there will be buying public unaware Falcons are no longer made.
Old 05-07-2017, 01:39 PM   #10
theBlake

I see Falcons all over the Ford Website, it hasnt been dropped
https://www.ford.com.au/vehicles/?intcmp=hp-return-show
This user likes this post:
Old 05-07-2017, 01:40 PM   #11
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

I think they stock piled more Territory then Falcon at the end, as per why they still have a few Territorys left.

Its amazing how people have lost interest in Territory now that its gone (my dealer has a number sitting on the lot just wasting away).
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2017, 04:34 PM   #12
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Pursuit View Post
Its amazing how people have lost interest in Territory now that its gone (my dealer has a number sitting on the lot just wasting away).
Depends on what they are asking. most have prices 10 grand or more higher than what I paid for My Titanium 2 years ago.
This user likes this post:
Old 06-07-2017, 10:01 PM   #13
davocol
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The fact they still have Territory and Falcon sitting on lots at close to rrp pretty much sums up Ford Aus for me in the past few years. Crazy stuff.
Old 07-07-2017, 09:04 PM   #14
jgmdat

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiers View Post
Which dealer and what colour is the Sprint
jgmdat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2017, 10:04 AM   #15
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

G'day...A local friend of ours , a self confessed Ford car nut with a BF XR6T but now wants to start looking for a V8 too.He decided to book a test drive of Mustang while in Hobart a few weeks ago. The other day he drove a mate's XR8 , not the Sprint either and actually preferred it to Mustang.. Now he's torn whether to spend extra coin for Mustang or to try and find a really low kms XR8 somewhere. Rarer than trying to find a Trump comment where he doesn't mention 'fake news' ..That rare. Cheers Rod..
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2017, 12:21 PM   #16
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

G'day again...Most of you know I'm a YT junkie and I cannot believe how many reviews of the Chevy SS there are on the tube. At least 100 I reckon. There are pages and pages dedicated to fans of it and the G8 and the Pontiac version before that and in England of the Vauxhall VXR8. Fans of what is a real nice car out of Oz. They have a real passion for them on both sides of the Atlantic.

Many videos feature special Car Meets where the SS or VXR8 are the prime thing. Bugger all advertising by Chevrolet of the SS apparently too is a common comment yet those who buy them love the big V8 , manual or auto and rear wheel drive that only Dodge offers otherwise in a sedan.
I'll give Chevrolet credit in that they at least paid a tiny bit of attention to what we have and offered a limited opportunity for this type of car.
Ford other than toying with a potential police car idea for the Turbo Barra's had no intention of re introducing Falcon .
When I watch the devotion to the Chevy SS's and appreciating this type of car I wonder what would have happened if a LHD Falcon XR6T had been possible and a V8 Falcon as well. No more mention of Ford Falcons in the line-up sews it all up as the last few new ones eventually sell..
This was done in 2010 by an American crew of the FPV Turbo and it's interesting to note that the 415 hp and 415 ft/lbs of torque of the 2017 Chevy SS was matched almost exactly by this Mk1 FG then..

They really liked this Falcon a lot.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUVWOPxTlSI&t=12s Cheers Rod..

Last edited by roddy1960; 08-07-2017 at 12:28 PM.
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2017, 11:58 PM   #17
MrZ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well, over a *year* after Territory production ended, it has finally been removed from the Ford Australia website (it was removed from the Ford NZ website a while back).

Incidentally, the Caprice has also been removed from the Holden website, leaving only the Commodore and Ute still listed.
Old 28-11-2017, 10:08 PM   #18
Trendseeker

Yes, now it appears in the history pages. All the descriptions are past tense.

https://www.ford.com.au/about-ford/History/territory/

There are still demos on carsales.

Last edited by Trendseeker; 28-11-2017 at 10:23 PM.
Trendseeker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2017, 11:20 AM   #19
71cop
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye84 View Post
Yeap I'm sure Dealers would have stock piled what they could. If it's on the website, I'm sure you can get one at the dealers or else the ACCC would be down on Ford like a tonne of bricks
Yeah like all big businesses I'm sure Ford would be real concerned about the ACCC lol.
71cop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2017, 07:20 PM   #20
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

All you guys with models under 7 years old would be wise to stock up on all the parts that wear prematurely or that have proven not up to the task. It is so frustrating chasing parts for cars that are not that old but speaking to dealers make you feel your driving a model T.
au350hp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2017, 10:27 PM   #21
MrZ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71cop View Post
Yeah like all big businesses I'm sure Ford would be real concerned about the ACCC lol.
Apparently, listing cars that you don't actually have in stock isn't really an issue with the ACCC, since Proton list models on their website that haven't been available in Australia for nearly 2 years now.