Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 06-01-2006, 05:07 PM   #1
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Foci SR - Gone

The foci section has a different vibe than the fez (:

Mum just rang about 15minutes ago and some lady ran a red and collected the side of the car =/ Luckily she didn't hit mum's door right on but rather on the door behind her, when she called, I told her to write down everything on her licence, her rego and made sure her mobile number worked and everything.

She seemed like a nice person, offered to wait with mum till dad arrived =/ the good thing is mum's alive, couldve been a lot lot worse. the car has a very good chance of being a write off; an 03-04 focus sr sedan in tonic >< hopefully dad insured it at the right price.

will insurance give mum another car? or attempt to fix it?

xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2006, 05:15 PM   #2
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

I think the way it works is...

Repair cost is > 80% of car value = write off
Repair cost < 80% of car value = repairs

Not too sure but I think thats how it works.

Is it just me or does it seem like alot of people are getting into accidents?

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2006, 06:19 PM   #3
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default Foci, SR... Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by pertuan
I think the way it works is...

Repair cost is > 80% of car value = write off
Repair cost < 80% of car value = repairs

Not too sure but I think thats how it works.

Is it just me or does it seem like alot of people are getting into accidents?

Funny you should say this... I work in a small restaurant a couple nights a week and about 50 meters away on the other side of the road is a NRMA authorized repair shop.
For about two months now they have had a severely damaged mazda 3 sedan in there.
When i say severe... rear end of car sits in the rear seat :P doors buckled in, front end demolished upto the firewall.

Crazy thing is they are repairing it :S
I would be a VERY VERY unhappy customer if my car was absolutely hammered like that and my insurance company refused to write it off.
I wouldnt want the car back. it wouldnt drive right EVER again.
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2006, 06:39 PM   #4
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
I would be a VERY VERY unhappy customer if my car was absolutely hammered like that and my insurance company refused to write it off.
as far as i know, you have EVERY RIGHT to refuse the car if its that far gone and gets repaired.......
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2006, 06:49 PM   #5
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Urban,

Hope your Mum's OK and not too shaken up. Never nice to have a prang
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2006, 06:53 PM   #6
Danny
GT4.

Helder. I think you guys need to get out of the area you live in. lol How many accidents can one fam be involved in. Insurance wont wanna know you!! hehehe.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2006, 06:57 PM   #7
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the car with dad driving it came back; it doesnt look that bad, dad said the beep was always beeping since the door couldnt be closed. the front door cant be opened so dad/mum had to enter it from the passenger door on the left.

looks just like 2 doors and maybe a sideskirt, still hurts to see something like that and im glad mums alright, a little more up and she would've been in trouble =/

lol @ danny; bad luck, mums going on about all this feng shui things =x probably bad luck when you have 3 accidents in 2months lol
xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2006, 08:40 PM   #8
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
Funny you should say this... I work in a small restaurant a couple nights a week and about 50 meters away on the other side of the road is a NRMA authorized repair shop.
For about two months now they have had a severely damaged mazda 3 sedan in there.
When i say severe... rear end of car sits in the rear seat :P doors buckled in, front end demolished upto the firewall.

Crazy thing is they are repairing it :S
Depends on the car. I know a guy at a repair place in Burwood just repaired a RX8 limited edition in Purple. Apparently, hit a curb, flipped and rotated. Car was a total wreck with side and rear windows smashed, wheels bent and every side had damage. It was repaired because it was limited edition... took the repair shop 4 weeks!

And, that Focus isnt looking too bad. Glad everyone was ok.... but yea, i dont think it was enough to hurt anyone, even if it had hit the front door. Prob more bruising and a hurt neck then anything else. Might not be repaired though.... seen a 306 damaged the same way... it was written off!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2006, 10:06 PM   #9
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

xurbanx.. it wont be too much for insurance to fix. new front and rear door, beat the bottom skirt part out, beat the rear guard a bit :P coat it with some canned spray paint and away she goes ;) lol

nah serious hope it all goes well. not a serious accident, but still ouchies.

glad everyone is okay. good luck with the repairs
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2006, 03:26 PM   #10
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Did the Airbag/s go off??
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post