Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2021, 11:21 PM   #721
Itsme
Experienced Member

Default Re: First experience .. Vic law regarding passing emergency vehicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo;6563731[B
]Politically and emotionally motivated charges [/B]because it was a group of their own and they're going to make an example out of him, if it was myself, you and Full Noise who were the ones featuring in video footage and being abused as we lay dying/dead they wouldn't be chasing Richard Pusey to the end of the earth to get him on the charges he is facing.
If it was politically and emotional charges it would have most likely been thrown out of court a while back but for the fact that the case is still ongoing after a few hearings proves the charges by police have merit by the sitting magistrate.
I would dare say a charge might stick with this case but I doubt he will serve any more time since he was remanded.
Like I said before the magistrate will decide what is appropriate for this grub.
Old 04-04-2021, 02:22 AM   #722
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

It's a very simple equation...

Resort to name calling = thread closed.
3 users like this post:
Old 14-04-2021, 12:14 PM   #723
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Some are saying this is not harsh enough since he killed 4 police officers.

Truck driver Mohinder Singh jailed for 22 years after killing four police in Eastern Freeway crash

https://www.9news.com.au/national/tr...lZ9EVjc5TUCRVI

Last edited by Ben73; 14-04-2021 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 14-04-2021, 02:29 PM   #724
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post

Truck driver Mohinder Singh jailed for 22 years after killing four police in Eastern Freeway crash

Pretty sure the maximum for each case is 20 years, so 22 years for 4 might be on the low side. But what would a murderer get for killing 4 people?
This user likes this post:
Old 15-04-2021, 06:59 PM   #725
hayseed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post

It's not over Yet..By a long Shot...

I would hazard a guess & say; There will be several Civil Cases to come & His Boss & Employers will get a reaming Too..
Old 15-04-2021, 07:11 PM   #726
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayseed View Post

I would hazard a guess & say; There will be several Civil Cases to come & His Boss & Employers will get a reaming Too..
Yeah one of the managers for the trucking company was charged with manslaughter over the same crash
Old 15-04-2021, 07:23 PM   #727
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Good.
Who ever sent that text message to Singh saying he was good to drive since so and so who told him not to drive isn't a doctor, should get a reaming.
Old 15-04-2021, 08:28 PM   #728
1970XW351
Angry Dub Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Pretty sure the maximum for each case is 20 years, so 22 years for 4 might be on the low side. But what would a murderer get for killing 4 people?
He must've got the group discount...
Old 16-04-2021, 11:13 AM   #729
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Not making excuses for Mr Singh. but his employers should have known this was an accident waiting to happen.

hours driving - consecutive days working, and over well being.

one look at the guy and they should have known he was on the gear..
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Old 16-04-2021, 12:00 PM   #730
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

At the end of the day the buck stops with the driver as only he knows whats going on within his mind and body and if not fit he shouldnt have climbed behind the wheel.

Last week i was feeling quite unwell on the Friday morning, i had a big job on, a school camp return which involved 6hrs driving a 57 seat coach full of noisy kids
I knew i wasnt up to it, so i contacted work, explained the situation and despite it being a really busy day with all our drivers already allocated jobs, they covered me without a second thought, thats how it should work as had i signed the pre trip declaration and headed out confirming my fitness, any issues would fall back on me and rightly so.

Having said that, what Singh's incident highlights is what ive been saying on the subject for quite a while now in that its ok to have legislation and proceedures in place as seen to be doing the right thing, but as soon as one aspect of that breaks down as is clear here with Singh saying he was unfit, yet getting told to drive anyway, is that its all just PC bull**** designed to make it look like something is being done to regulate the industry.

Thankfully Singh has an electronic record of the conversation which proves the employer pressured him to drive regardless and will go a long way to making sure that operator wont be doing it again anytime soon but make no mistake, if you think this is an isolated incident you are very naive, im sure it happens daily as the nature of the industry demands whatever it is that needs to be moved, be moved, and if you cant, or wont, as a driver, you'll be replaced in a heartbeat by the next poor sucker sent by some job network provider dangling a wage subsidy and we know it.
6 users like this post:
Old 16-04-2021, 02:44 PM   #731
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Thankfully Singh has an electronic record of the conversation which proves the employer pressured him to drive
It's hardly a smoking gun. It's not like he was threatened, or provided any evidence of his incapacity. For all we know, 'Steve' is known to management as a drama queen and that motivated the 'not a doctor' response. Its easy to say management should have seen it coming, but it sounds like they had yet to be informed in any meaningful way. A few lines of text hardly conveys urgency.
Old 16-04-2021, 03:42 PM   #732
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
It's hardly a smoking gun. It's not like he was threatened, or provided any evidence of his incapacity. For all we know, 'Steve' is known to management as a drama queen and that motivated the 'not a doctor' response. Its easy to say management should have seen it coming, but it sounds like they had yet to be informed in any meaningful way. A few lines of text hardly conveys urgency.
It doesnt matter, if he believes he is unfit to drive and notifies whoever he is responsible to then he has done what he needs to do in accordance with the legislation.
Dont confuse that with what you then do in order to keep the boss happy and your job as the two, although intended to work in unison, can and are on occasion, handled very differently.
Unless youve been in the situation, and im not suggesting everyone has or there'd be carnage everywhere, you dont know how cut throat it is.
Only last year i got my marching orders because i flatout refused to drive a certain vehicle as i wasnt putting my name on the pre trip check list, as fortune would have it it was a Friday afternoon and the employer had a few days to reconsider her response, when i called her Sunday night to arrange returning my uniform and fuel card she asked me to come back.
Didnt appologise and maintained her belief that it was roadworthy
Old 16-04-2021, 03:49 PM   #733
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
It doesnt matter, if he believes he is unfit to drive and notifies whoever he is responsible to then he has done what he needs to do in accordance with the legislation.
But he didnt actually say that, he said a coworker thought he was unfit. It's a technicality, but no doubt will be the defence.
Old 16-04-2021, 06:22 PM   #734
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
But he didnt actually say that, he said a coworker thought he was unfit. It's a technicality, but no doubt will be the defence.
No, it clearly says in one of the articles that Singh said he was having trouble at home and was unfit to drive.

A prosecution summary includes text messages that Singh sent to Tuteru on the morning of the crash.

"I'm going through some hard times at home," the messages read.

"I'm not fit to drive."

He was allegedly told to complete just one more delivery.
Old 17-04-2021, 12:07 AM   #735
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
No, it clearly says in one of the articles that Singh said he was having trouble at home and was unfit to drive.
That's a misquote. What was actually said was:

SINGH:“Hi Simon I saw Steve last night ... I’m going through some hard times at home and other things. I need to come and speak to you about some of them. I don’t know who to tell the story to. I’m going to a doctor about it. When can I come see you.”

SUPERVISOR SIMON TUTERU:“Talk this arvo. I will be in office.”

SINGH:“Ok but Steve saids (sic) I’m not fit to drive.”

TUTERU:“Steve is NOT a doctor.”

SINGH: “Ok thanks.”

--

If he had said he agreed with Steve's appraisal, if he'd put up even the slightest argument as to his (non)fitness to drive, the supervisor might have taken it more seriously (or not). But if someone is willing to wait til later to discuss, it wouldnt give me the impression they are desperate to deal with it.

It's easy to say in hindsight what the supervisor should have done, but 3 texts isnt an easy way to diagnose someone's mental state.
Old 17-04-2021, 12:38 AM   #736
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Singh got 22 years. 18 years and 6 months for parole. Hopefully Pusey gets a prison term too for be a **** but who knows.
Old 17-04-2021, 09:08 AM   #737
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
It's easy to say in hindsight what the supervisor should have done, but 3 texts isnt an easy way to diagnose someone's mental state.
Is Tetura a doctor?

What makes his conclusion about someone elses mindset any more valid than 'Steve's' in only 3 texts?

The fact is he was obviously concerned about his state of mind enough to flag it to two people yet was still sent out.

If Tetura was so sure that Singh was ok to drive why offer to see him later to discuss it as in Tetura's mind it wasnt an issue.
You can twist it any way you like, the fact is Singh made efforts to avoid going out that day and his Supervisor did nothing to support it and whilst you cant apply hindsight to it, what hindsight does show is thatSingh knew his own body better than Tetura, Steve or a doctor and should have been acknowledged by management.

If i wake up in the morning and feel unfit to drive the chances of seeing a doctor in the brief time i have before i start for a qualified opinion is very slim, so are you happy for me in that state to have your family on my bus or infront of me until i get that opinion or should i listen to my body and stay home?
Old 17-04-2021, 09:58 AM   #738
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
Singh got 22 years. 18 years and 6 months for parole. Hopefully Pusey gets a prison term too for be a **** but who knows.
I don't agree with the prison term for Richard Pusey but if he did get one he'd probably go free anyway due to time already served.

If he doesn't get a prison sentence, do tax payers compensate him for how he's been treated being held in custody given he has nothing to answer for?

Kinda like George Pell - gets out on appeal, so he's innocent as far as the law is concerned but you kept him locked up for X time, sounds like tax payers going to be footing the bill on behalf of Victoria Police again.
Old 17-04-2021, 10:39 AM   #739
hayseed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
I don't agree with the prison term for Richard Pusey but if he did get one he'd probably go free anyway due to time already served.
I'm inclined to agree with you..
However I'm pretty sure He's got other Charges pending.. I seem to remember something about Him putting a Hangmans Noose around His Wife/Girlfriends Neck back at Xmas Time...
Old 27-04-2021, 03:42 PM   #740
hayseed

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-04-...udge/100098060
Old 27-04-2021, 04:56 PM   #741
EBSXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Maybe Corrections Victoria has more information than the judge?
Old 27-04-2021, 06:17 PM   #742
ozpacman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
If he doesn't get a prison sentence, do tax payers compensate him for how he's been treated being held in custody given he has nothing to answer for?
No Franco. He's already pleaded guilty, so will likely be sentenced to time already served before being discharged from the court, at which point he is free to go.
Old 27-04-2021, 07:25 PM   #743
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBSXR6 View Post
Maybe Corrections Victoria has more information than the judge?
Or they're just treating him the way they are because what happened.
Old 28-04-2021, 11:47 AM   #744
zilo
BANNED

I wonder if Victoria Police have learned anything by all this?

Demanding a driver stops in an emergency lane on a busy freeway for a speeding ticket?
Then impacting on the traffic flow while waiting for a tow truck driver to tow the speeding vehicle....

As far as I am concerned Pusey is taking the rap for bad policing and bad laws that accommodate them.

10 months jail for speeding 45km/h over the limit?

Crikey I would have done a few life sentences by now....as I am sure others here would also do...

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
3 users like this post:
Old 28-04-2021, 11:57 AM   #745
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
I wonder if Victoria Police have learned anything by all this?

Demanding a driver stops in an emergency lane on a busy freeway for a speeding ticket?
Then impacting on the traffic flow while waiting for a tow truck driver to tow the speeding vehicle....

As far as I am concerned Pusey is taking the rap for bad policing and bad laws that accommodate them.

Crikey I would have done a few life sentences by now....as I am sure others here would also do...
It's even worse because the 10 months was handed down on that 'outraging public decency' charge - what an absolute load of ****.

https://amp.theage.com.au/national/v...27-p57my6.html

It amounts to being put in prison because he said something that 'offended' people - what a real slippery slope that one is in Wokeville.

The next 'plus size model' I see wearing active wear better be going to prison and same with blokes wearing Hawaiian shirts or who have 1970s hair cuts - I find those offensive and 'outraging public decency'.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 28-04-2021 at 12:02 PM.
Old 28-04-2021, 12:03 PM   #746
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
10 months jail for being offensive.
Old 28-04-2021, 12:10 PM   #747
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Vladimir Vladimirovich would be proud. It’s on par with the “religious hooliganism” charges slapped on Russy Piot.
2 users like this post:
Old 28-04-2021, 12:20 PM   #748
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Vladimir Vladimirovich would be proud. It’s on par with the “religious hooliganism” charges slapped on Russy Piot.
The 10 months handed down happens to closely coincide with his time already served also.

I'm looking forward to seeing who else finds themselves in court on this 'outraging public decency' charge for 'offending' people.
Old 28-04-2021, 12:33 PM   #749
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The 10 months handed down happens to closely coincide with his time already served also.

I'm looking forward to seeing who else finds themselves in court on this 'outraging public decency' charge for 'offending' people.

That offence wasn't the only one he was found guilty of...
There was reckless conduct endangering serious injury to other motorists, drugs...
Old 28-04-2021, 12:42 PM   #750
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG17 View Post
That offence wasn't the only one he was found guilty of...
There was reckless conduct endangering serious injury to other motorists, drugs...
My mistake - my issue is with the three months sentence handed down on the 'outraging public decency' charge.

My thoughts are that charging someone over 'offensive behaviour' over what they've said is contradictory to western values in democratic countries - especially in 2021 with how Melbourne behaves.

You don't have to agree with anyone but freedom of speech is a pillar of a free and democratic society - putting someone in prison over people finding something they've said 'offensive' is a slippery slope and is open to abuse.

Hell I'd be exploiting that If I was in a position to do so, I'd be getting my archaeological hat on and digging through people's social media profiles and see how many people who were pains in my *** I could get sitting in front of magistrates.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 28-04-2021 at 12:47 PM.
Closed Thread