Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 18-04-2015, 11:32 AM   #31
TRAU BLAU

Default Re: Noise in the engine

The PCV(pressure control valve)is right on top of the rocker-cover & takes fumes from the engine back into the system via the inlet-manifold.But vacuum-leaks can be anywhere.Just tightening-up the inlet-manifold bolts can help.
Old 18-04-2015, 12:14 PM   #32
excalibur1491

Hi again!

Thansk for the help guys.
SInce I dont have many tools, the only thing I can test myself is the "rubber T piece" that dirty hands mentioned.
I have located the coil (not so easy for someone that know nothing) but I am absolutley unable to find that Tpart in engine.

Here are some pics.
http://imageshack.com/a/img673/2701/kUTelP.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img661/5704/iZa01o.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img540/4660/A6IDOi.jpg (coil from the side)
http://imageshack.com/a/img540/2626/UDvzCf.jpg

Im looking for this, I am completelly unable to find it....
http://www.talkford.com/community/up...7155538817.jpg

Can any one spot it in the pics? some images are upside down, because I put the camera as if I was looking from below. The arrow in one of them indicates the way "up" to not get confused.

Thans again!!!

Edit: Actually, is that Tpiece thing issue also in Ford Fiesta? I see it mentione din many places for the Mondeo Zetec engine. Is it the same engine as Ford Fiesta Zetec? Maybe its not there, but somewhere else..
Here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7MUL3vtZ5o at 2:30 they put the coil, I can't see any T piece bellow :(

Last edited by excalibur1491; 18-04-2015 at 12:30 PM.
excalibur1491 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2015, 09:26 PM   #33
excalibur1491

Hi all again,

Sorry to bother again, but you are pretty much the only people I can urn to that know Ford well lol.

Today I went on a little road trip that I had done already before (the weekend before that service) and I noticed two things:
-The fuel consumption is worse for sure. This time I had VPower98, last Unleaded91
-When I'm at 90km/h, in 5th gear, it reaches 3000rpm, which seems to me like a lot, but I did not really look into that last time I was in the highway, so I can't tell is his is a new behaviour since the service.

Does this bring any ideas to you?

Thanks!
Old 20-04-2015, 06:25 PM   #34
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by excalibur1491 View Post
Hi all again,

Sorry to bother again, but you are pretty much the only people I can urn to that know Ford well lol.

Today I went on a little road trip that I had done already before (the weekend before that service) and I noticed two things:
-The fuel consumption is worse for sure. This time I had VPower98, last Unleaded91
-When I'm at 90km/h, in 5th gear, it reaches 3000rpm, which seems to me like a lot, but I did not really look into that last time I was in the highway, so I can't tell is his is a new behaviour since the service.

Does this bring any ideas to you?

Thanks!
Fuel consumption should have been an improvement unless it was very hilly? Might still be trying to adjust to the new fuel aswell.

Those revs in that gear is completely normal for these.. Its just how they operate. Nothing wrong with it. They are made to do it.
This user likes this post:
Old 20-04-2015, 06:33 PM   #35
excalibur1491

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestaz View Post
Fuel consumption should have been an improvement unless it was very hilly? Might still be trying to adjust to the new fuel aswell.

Those revs in that gear is completely normal for these.. Its just how they operate. Nothing wrong with it. They are made to do it.
Thansk for the answer, that gives me a bit more peace of mind. I thought it really sounded like it wanted me to put the 6th gear which I obviously don't have..

The trip I made was same as before the service, same highway, barely any wind from the side (not in front) so it should've been better. I guess it could be adjusting to it, but it was almost twice as much as the first time (I was actually very happily surprised the first time I did that trip lol)

Thanks a lot!
Ill bring the car tomorrow to Ford, and hopefully this time they'll pay the attention it deserves, specially after what they charged me for the service....
Old 21-04-2015, 09:57 AM   #36
excalibur1491

So I just came back from Ford. the guy says its the PCV valve doing what its supposed to do. All normal.
I don't really trust the guy too much, because I saw other ford fiestas from carsales and gumtree and none did that...
But I'm getting tired of this, so maybe Ill just let it be, and in the next service I'll bring it somewhere else and ask... Does that seem reasonable? This is my first car you know.. lol

I'll try to look at the PCV valve myself if I'm able to find it.... TRAU BLAU mentioned its on top of the rocker-cover, now I just need to find the rocker-cover... lol

Quote:
Thansk for the answer, that gives me a bit more peace of mind. I thought it really sounded like it wanted me to put the 6th gear which I obviously don't have..

The trip I made was same as before the service, same highway, barely any wind from the side (not in front) so it should've been better. I guess it could be adjusting to it, but it was almost twice as much as the first time (I was actually very happily surprised the first time I did that trip lol)

Thanks a lot!
Ill bring the car tomorrow to Ford, and hopefully this time they'll pay the attention it deserves, specially after what they charged me for the service....

Last edited by excalibur1491; 21-04-2015 at 10:14 AM.
Old 21-04-2015, 02:24 PM   #37
TRAU BLAU

Quote:
So I just came back from Ford. the guy says its the PCV valve doing what its supposed to do. All normal.
I don't really trust the guy too much, because I saw other ford fiestas from carsales and gumtree and none did that...
But I'm getting tired of this, so maybe Ill just let it be, and in the next service I'll bring it somewhere else and ask... Does that seem reasonable? This is my first car you know.. lol

I'll try to look at the PCV valve myself if I'm able to find it.... TRAU BLAU mentioned its on top of the rocker-cover, now I just need to find the rocker-cover... lol
I don't know whether you're joking or what but the hose that comes out from the top of the engine goes down under the inlet pipes & enters the induction chamber via the T pipe.Have you cleaned out all the gunk inside the chamber & inside the rocker-cover.
Old 21-04-2015, 02:33 PM   #38
excalibur1491

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAU BLAU View Post
I don't know whether you're joking or what but the hose that comes out from the top of the engine goes down under the inlet pipes & enters the induction chamber via the T pipe.Have you cleaned out all the gunk inside the chamber & inside the rocker-cover.
Haha, No I'm not joking. I'm sorry, but English is not my first language (just moved to Australia which also means I have no mechanic tools, I should by some) and I know nothing about cars. So really, all the car-related words that I know from watching F1 are not of any use as the translations are not trivial! Sorry about that

I haven't cleaned the engine, maybe I should. I'll try to look into it this evening if its not too dark when I get back.

Many thanks, again!
Old 21-04-2015, 02:37 PM   #39
TRAU BLAU

Sorry my fault.I thought your car was a Falcon but it's a Fiesta & therefore my advice is incorrect.All the best mate.
Old 21-04-2015, 06:37 PM   #40
excalibur1491

I found this diagram http://www.justanswer.com/uk-ford/3z...tre-inlet.html so Ill try to see today if I can get my arm there and see the PCV valve by myself.

But, as a matter of fact, the hissing might be normal...
Mine is the entire oposite of a Ford Expedition in size, but still, here http://www.automotive-emissions-trou...eshooting.html they say "if the PCV valve doesn't work you might not hear the normal hissing".
lol, I don't know what to believe any more. I'm going crazy lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAU BLAU View Post
Sorry my fault.I thought your car was a Falcon but it's a Fiesta & therefore my advice is incorrect.All the best mate.
No worries