Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-04-2018, 02:20 PM   #1
XXXF
Starter Motor

Default Need opinions/advice on a Ute canopy business

Hey guys, looking to buy a canopy for my Ranger and stumbled upon Kylin Campers in Campbellfield Victoria.

I’m a little unsure about them and if they’re ok to deal with. Any info on them would be great!!

Cheers.
XXXF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2018, 03:26 PM   #2
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Default Re: Need opinions/advice on a Ute canopy business

Never heard of them.
Canopies have been a PIA for as long as I can recall, stick by the main brands for the little ones its price price price.
Even the best of brands have their hurdles in quality but I'd stick by them before this type but its your choice.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2018, 03:32 PM   #3
XXXF
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
Never heard of them.
Canopies have been a PIA for as long as I can recall, stick by the main brands for the little ones its price price price.
Even the best of brands have their hurdles in quality but I'd stick by them before this type but its your choice.
Yeah I do agree with you about sticking with what you know. I have spoken to Norweld and a couple other places for a very basic canopy, all of which were approx 7-8k. This place is offering the same features and materials for nearly 3k.

I know it’s always a risk going with an unknown brand/company, was just hoping someone has taken that risk and can give me a heads up.
XXXF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2018, 03:46 PM   #4
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Do some more searchs, Norwelds FB page have enough negatives to put me off mate just by following up your original post to help due to being involved with 4x4 companies hence my interest.
Look, I'm involved with alot of manufacturing in China amongst elsewhere and I can get the same products made at Norwelds pricing hand over fist, so why does my product cost 3times more.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2018, 05:00 PM   #5
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Check the ranger thread. I read something about canopies tearing the metal in the tub.

They require bracing in certain areas iirc.

Don't cheapen out, the photos I saw of broken tubs are shocking.

2016 Falcon XR8. Powered by the legend that is - David Winter.
XC Cobra #181.
1985 Mack Superliner, CAT 3408, 24 speed Allison.
Mercury Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post