Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 12-04-2006, 12:33 AM   #1
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 
Default Girl's Torque Drag Racing Training

Heathcote Raceway in Victoria recently hosted the Australian Women's Motorsport Network's (AWMN) third very successful drag racing training day for ladies on Saturday 1st April. Two other training days have already been held, with the first at Warwick Dragway in Queensland last September, and a second at the Quit Motorplex in Western Australia only two weeks before the Heathcote event. The training days are organised and run by volunteer members of the AWMN, and are designed to provide novices and experienced girls with a unique opportunity to learn the basic skills of drag racing, so they can compete confidently at drag racing events. The AWMN's volunteer instructors, Debbie O'Rourke, Debbie Reed and Kath Stevens, had their work cut out for them, with a record number of women participating this time . from girls with 5 years experience to those who'd never run a car or bike down a drag strip before. The training days include a basic theory component, track familiarization, track etiquette, burnouts, how to stage, how to cut a perfect light, with plenty of practice runs including 'dial-in', and heaps of opportunities to ask questions throughout the day. By the end of every training day, perfect to near perfect lights are being cut by nearly all the girls. It was no different at Heathcote, when Shanna Reinhardt cut a perfect .40 reaction time. Some of the more experienced girls even achieved Personal Bests, and some of the burnouts were simply awesome! Thanks to the AWMN's valuable sponsors and supporters, the participants and the fantastic people at Heathcote Raceway who helped make this Girl's Torque training day the best one yet. Due to popular demand, more Girl's Torque training days are being planned. Anyone interested in being kept updated on future training days can join the mailing list and/or forum on the AWMN website at
www.awmn.com.au

thx NMD for story

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 01:13 AM   #2
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Fantastic! Being a beginner myself, this is exactly what I need.
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 09:30 PM   #3
347_XR8
Slide Baby Slide

I was there helping out taking photos' for a friend. And i gotta say, these chicks really could show us fella's a thing or two.
Was good to see some high-profile people come down and help train up. All in all a great day!

Mr Super Skid-Man
347_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 09:53 PM   #4
CAMS290
trying to get a leg over
Donating Member2

Gee i might even enroll Judy for some drag racing classes.

All i have to do is work out how to get her out of KFC for a few hours.lol