Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 25-07-2010, 12:25 PM   #121
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob270
Just spotted a billboard near Sydney Airport heading north for the new wagon, It's a Titanium too which looks smart.
I saw the same billboard, but in Pymble... Titanium Wagon looks very nice!!
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2010, 03:51 PM   #122
Dusty1
Giddy up!

I went and eye balled the Skoda Superb wagon yesterday.

It is a nice looking car. I have to admit, it seemed a little 'old' to me. Not in styling, but in target audience. I'm recently 40, and with first child, and I don't know if I'm the target market. There were a number of 50+ people in the showroom looking at them. I think they are looking at them for carting teenagers.

Plus I know they get a bit more space than the sedan, something like 100 litres difference, so the question is, with the space age boot/hatch on the sedan, the sedan is just as handy as the Mondeo I have now.

The big thing for me with the Titanium wagon is the alcantara seats. My child has a habit of dropping stuff from the seat, and I don't know how well this will hold up, and I am not really keen on seat covers, as there are none I've seen I like.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2010, 09:55 AM   #123
RicOz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
IThe big thing for me with the Titanium wagon is the alcantara seats. My child has a habit of dropping stuff from the seat, and I don't know how well this will hold up, and I am not really keen on seat covers, as there are none I've seen I like.
Kids will ruin anything, its part of having kids. But you at least you won't be like other parents driving around in 4WD's and family movers.

I have some rubber protection mats under the booster seats. They work okay for my toddler kicking the seat with her shoes.

Maybe just lay down an old towel if you are to give your child any food in the back.
Old 28-07-2010, 03:39 PM   #124
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mondeo road test 2010

http://www.caradvice.com.au/75993/20...iew-road-test/

apstar

ps this to me is the existing model!

Last edited by apstar; 28-07-2010 at 03:46 PM.
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2010, 05:00 PM   #125
Dusty1
Giddy up!

I saw a load of Mondeos on the back of a truck coming out of the docks in Melbourne yesterday. I think the wagons had the silver roof rails which would make them the Titanium. Couldn't be sure though, and if they were, they will be turning up in showrooms in the next week or so.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Old 28-07-2010, 05:20 PM   #126
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by apstar
Mondeo road test 2010

http://www.caradvice.com.au/75993/20...iew-road-test/

apstar

ps this to me is the existing model!
Based on the comments it's getting hacked by the readers too!!!
Old 29-07-2010, 03:01 AM   #127
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I saw a load of Mondeos on the back of a truck coming out of the docks in Melbourne yesterday. I think the wagons had the silver roof rails which would make them the Titanium. Couldn't be sure though, and if they were, they will be turning up in showrooms in the next week or so.
best way to tell is the front grills. titanium spec has honeycomb look, painted silver lower grill surround and fog surrounds, plus the ugly flat spot on the grill in front of the cruise control radar... just like the front of the XR in my avatar to the left...

New ride: 2010 LV Focus XR5 - Moondust Silver - More mods than you can poke a stick at
mondo_broady is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2010, 09:44 AM   #128
RicOz

Quote:
The new Titanium and Zetec Wagons both have the silver rails, the LX has black rails. Therefore they may not have been Titaniums.

Look at the updated Ford website for models and specs:

http://www.ford.com.au/servlet/Conte...YPage&site=FOA
Old 29-07-2010, 09:50 AM   #129
RicOz

Further to this, in the Drive website with the calendar of new car releases for the rest of this year, it says October 2010 - Ford Mondeo Diesel update?

http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/2...0208-nmz7.html
Old 29-07-2010, 10:34 AM   #130
Dusty1
Giddy up!

As I said I couldn't be sure as the truck carrying them as going the other way down a busy road. I caught a glimpse, and I can't be sure if they had the silver or black roof rails.

I'm registered to be notified of the release (no doubt others are as well), so we will hear soon enough if these were the Ford demos they use at driver sessions.
Previous:
Old 29-07-2010, 12:23 PM   #131
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I also noticed they have replaced the rubber around the door/window frames and now have chrome instead!

apstar
Old 29-07-2010, 12:27 PM   #132
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicOz
Further to this, in the Drive website with the calendar of new car releases for the rest of this year, it says October 2010 - Ford Mondeo Diesel update?

http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/2...0208-nmz7.html
Yeh noticed that lol very vague with their description,what! no new autos? just updated diesel engine this to me is Ford fault not coming clean and upfront when they were announced

apstar
Old 29-07-2010, 07:44 PM   #133
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Has anyone bothered to check the Ford website?
Old 29-07-2010, 08:53 PM   #134
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
Has anyone bothered to check the Ford website?
Yes and thread #94 & #128 has a link to Ford website and I have also on other threads!!

apstar
Old 30-07-2010, 01:01 AM   #135
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I also noticed they have replaced the rubber around the door/window frames and now have chrome instead!

apstar
iirc the chrome is only on titanium (and XR) spec models...

New ride: 2010 LV Focus XR5 - Moondust Silver - More mods than you can poke a stick at
Old 30-07-2010, 02:11 AM   #136
XtRmn8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondo_broady
iirc the chrome is only on titanium (and XR) spec models...
I am pretty sure that ever since the MB was released that even the Zetec has it. A family member has a Zetec hatch and it has the chrome trim all around the windows.
XtRmn8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2010, 09:34 AM   #137
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ok, i used to have the brochure here but chucked it recently...

Old 30-07-2010, 10:01 AM   #138
RicOz

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtRmn8
I am pretty sure that ever since the MB was released that even the Zetec has it. A family member has a Zetec hatch and it has the chrome trim all around the windows.
MB Zetec, MB Titanium and MB XR5, all have chrome on the bottom of the window frame only not all around the window. You can tell the difference between an MA and MB Zetec by this because MA only has rubber.

I don't think there is any change in the new 2010 hatch range in ways of looks. It is only the new wagons now have an LX and Titanium option and all wagons now come with rails on the roof.
Old 30-07-2010, 06:26 PM   #139
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Ford Australia has come under considerable criticism for ‘holding back’ the Mondeo range to protect the Falcon. An updated Mondeo will launch in Europe in October with a 177kW 2.0-litre EcoBoost engine as well as a 147kW 2.2-litre TDCi diesel unit, but Ford Australia remains quiet on whether those powerplants will join the local line-up. “People are making assumptions which may or may not be right but we will tell everybody what we are doing with updated Mondeo at the right time,” Ms McAlary said. “We’ll save our fire.” Currently around 50 percent of Mondeo hatch sales in Australia are diesels.
Link to story http://www.caradvice.com.au/73596/fo...r-review-2010/

What a load of S.H.I.T! the reason people are making these assumptions is because Ford is not telling us anything...grrrr

apstar
Old 30-07-2010, 07:23 PM   #140
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

Read that last caradvice article.
Ponder this.....
1. Updated Modeno in Europe Oct 2010....so OZ supply will arrive some months after that.
2. With new range, the blip in sales that is the Oz market will need to fight for traction within the highly-sold EU demand. Product mix may still be uncertain...even now.
3. New V8 Falcon 4th qtr 2010 - nothing else will be released to divert attention from the Coyote V8.

So for Mondeo, expect significant differences next year. Anything before then would be great, but you need to bear in mind the marketing focus (Joe Public attention grabbing) that significant product changes require in order to make the upgrade investment worthwhile.

In short, don't get too excited just yet.

.....and all of the above is just my uninformed opinion.
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2010, 10:14 PM   #141
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think Ford may use the Australian International Motor Show to show the Ford range into the next year I hope

Quote:
“We will be massive at the Sydney Motor Show. We have a packed show at Sydney, none of which I can talk about in any detail at this stage, but it will be massive, I promise,” Ms McAlary said.
I just want the 2.2l diesel

apstar
Old 01-08-2010, 03:34 AM   #142
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I think Ford may use the Australian International Motor Show to show the Ford range into the next year I hope

I just want the 2.2l diesel

apstar
Sorry, the 2.2 is gone. But the upgraded 2.0 and Powershift have got rave reviews in road tests when installed in other Euro Fords.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:45 AM   #143
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanv6gt
Read that last caradvice article.
Ponder this.....
1. Updated Modeno in Europe Oct 2010....so OZ supply will arrive some months after that.
2. With new range, the blip in sales that is the Oz market will need to fight for traction within the highly-sold EU demand. Product mix may still be uncertain...even now.
3. New V8 Falcon 4th qtr 2010 - nothing else will be released to divert attention from the Coyote V8.

So for Mondeo, expect significant differences next year. Anything before then would be great, but you need to bear in mind the marketing focus (Joe Public attention grabbing) that significant product changes require in order to make the upgrade investment worthwhile.

In short, don't get too excited just yet.

.....and all of the above is just my uninformed opinion.
Yes, I'm sure that they will want to push the new V8. But there are some major changes in powertrains in Europe that will affect supply in our part of the world. If you follow this link http://www.ford.co.uk/SBE/ConfigureY...=1204903585397 , you will see that the 2.3 petrol is gone and the petrol auto option is now the dual-clutch Powershift amd 2.0 Ecoboost. In fact, the 6-speed Aisin auto is completely gone - the diesel auto is also the Powershift.

So change is coming, whether Ford Oz like it or not. They may still have quite a few of the MB to sell, but there will be new drivetrains in the Mondeo this year.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:11 AM   #144
SteveJH
No longer a Uni student..

Quote:
Bathurst is the week (or two weeks) before the Sydney Motor Show.

As the Supercars are 'theoretically' xr8's, it could work.
SteveJH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2010, 04:39 PM   #145
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ XR6
Sorry, the 2.2 is gone. But the upgraded 2.0 and Powershift have got rave reviews in road tests when installed in other Euro Fords.
Its mentioned in the article!

apstar
Old 02-08-2010, 12:24 AM   #146
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Its mentioned in the article!

apstar
Sorry, I missed that. A 147 kW diesel - how much torque does it have! It also says there will be a higher output Ecoboost with 177 kW, which sounds like the version that's going into the Falcon. I'll bet neither of those engines will be available here.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:28 PM   #147
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

deleted double post

apstar
Old 02-08-2010, 08:29 PM   #148
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

400Nm! from memory

apstar
Old 06-08-2010, 08:00 PM   #149
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

2.0 EcoBoost Petrol Euro Stage V (203 PS) 1999 cc 4 cylinders in line; DOHC; 16 valves; twin independent valve cam timing; second generation direct injection; alloy cylinder head and block; turbo charger with intercooler and transient torque overboost function 149 kW (203 PS) at 6000 min-1 (rpm) 300 Nm at 1750-4500 min-1 (rpm)
...........less than out-going XR5....he he he
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2010, 12:41 AM   #150
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

allan

I am taking about the 2.2l diesel being 400Nm!

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carrevi...o_22_tdci.html

apstar