Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 16-05-2010, 04:11 PM   #1
gliderboy
XR5T

Smile Mondeo XR5 LED Lights

G'day Guys,
Became the proud owner of a new Mondeo XR5 Turbo last week and was talking with a mate in Sydney who's started buying LED lights for his 06' Mazda RX8 and suggested that I do the same to the XR5 as it was very easy to do.

The car comes standard with Xenon but I wanted to change over the parking, corner, fog and internal lights...!!!

Has anyone done this to any success...?

And any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Rod.

gliderboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2010, 07:15 PM   #2
fordmondeoman

go to www.hidlighting.com.au they have a good range im thinking of doing the same let me know how you go and what product/ prices you get thanks
Old 17-05-2010, 08:22 PM   #3
gliderboy
XR5T

Thanks for the link, will call them at the end of the week and see if they have an agent here in Brisbane or the Gold/Sunshine coast and I'll let you know.

Rod.
Old 22-05-2010, 07:03 PM   #4
gliderboy
XR5T

G'Day,
Finally found a supplier in Sydney who knows he bulbs very well and I've ordered approx. $380.00 of LED lights which should be here in the next week, so will let you know how it goes with installation.

Hey, can you send photo's over this forum so I can show the diference ???

Cheers,
Old 22-05-2010, 07:06 PM   #5
LRsedan
Now XR5hatch!

$380? How can it be so much?

Photos can be hosted at www.imageshack.us , www.photobucket.com .

Then just copy and paste the forum picture link into your message here.
LRsedan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2010, 09:32 PM   #6
gliderboy
XR5T

Yes, I questioned that too and reduced it down to $140.00 and was able to locate all the required lights I required from eBay at substancially reduce prices so I give you an update soon...
Old 29-05-2010, 09:49 PM   #7
gliderboy
XR5T

O.K., got it. Following is the actual product name of the globes I have identifed on the XR5T which are as follows;

Ford Mondeo XR5T (bulbs):

1/ P21W - Clear (equally spaced pins with 1 contact) is the REVERSE LIGHTS x 2 ea

2/ P21/5W - Clear (offset pins with 2 contacts) is the RUNNING NIGHT LIGHTS x 2 ea

3/ P21/5W - Clear (equal spaced pins with 2 contacts) is the STOP BRAKE / TAIL LIGHTS x 2 ea

4/ P21W - Orange (offset pins with 1 contacts) is the REAR INDICATOR LIGHTS x 2 ea

5/ W5W - Clear (Parallel pins facing downwards) is the SIDE INDICATOR LIGHTS x 2 ea
size 9mm wide x 23mm long.
6/ W5W - Clear (Parallel pins facing downwards) is the READING LIGHT GLOBE x 6 ea

7/ W5W - Clear (parralle pins facing downwards) is the VANITY MIRROR LIGHTS x 2 ea

I have just purchased 5 pairs of the W5W on eBay (listed as 25 SMD LED/Bullb Xenon White Car Wedge Light Bulb T10 W5W @ $11.95 per pair delivery free / eBay Item Code:250609925232), which shoudl be here in approx. 2 weeks so once i've done these lights, I'll upload the photo's but the list above should give you a great start - good luck...
Old 30-05-2010, 12:50 PM   #8
fordmondeoman

And what resistors are you fitting with your lights to stop the bulb warning coming on and stop the indicators from flashing fast. I found them to be exspensive as you need one for every light you fit, well every exterior light. I found that using a 30ohm resistor should do the job. but every where sells them for around $15 each which is to exspensive i think, unless i make them myself which im thinking of doing. What prices have you got?
Old 30-06-2010, 02:11 PM   #9
warren77

Glider Boy: Where are you at on this?

I am thinking of doing similar.
warren77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2010, 07:29 PM   #10
gliderboy
XR5T

Smile

Sorry for the delay,
I have installed all the lights into the car except the indicators and breaking lights as the supplier in Sydney us still looking. Yes, the indicators are flashing way too fast and I'm organising a relay (if that's the correct word to use) from the supplier to overcome this issue.

So hopefully I'll have an update in two weeks with my rersults.

Cheers...
Old 15-07-2010, 08:49 PM   #11
fordmondeoman

Apart from the indicators are you getting any warning lights on the dash telling you that their are lights out at all?