Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 12-08-2010, 05:47 PM   #1
vunny
Starter Motor

Default Mondeo XR5 - Locking all doors when inside the car

Hi guys,

I've bought a lovely demo sea grey MB XR5 and have had it only for a week. Still finding my way around it but so far it's been a great buy. Really happy with the purchase.

One question is how do I lock all the doors when inside the car? There is an unlock button on the drivers side door release but there's nothing in the manual on how to lock all doors when inside and driving.

Any ideas?

vunny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2010, 09:09 PM   #2
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'll have to check (tomorrow), but I think on our MA Zetec all the doors lock when the driver's door lock tab is pushed inwards.

Alternatively, I can use the remote - but in the XR5 and keyless ignition (?) I'm guessing that you can't get at the lock button on the remote?

Cheers

Alan

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2010, 12:59 AM   #3
wusyc

You can lock all the doors with the driver's lock tab pushed inwards. If you push the lock tab before pushing the start button, the unlock button will not work.
Old 13-08-2010, 10:08 AM   #4
r2d2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wusyc
You can lock all the doors with the driver's lock tab pushed inwards. If you push the lock tab before pushing the start button, the unlock button will not work.
Plus if you leave the car too long between opening the doors and starting the car. Hence the HU goes black and the Ford sign disappears. Whne you do start the car the headlights work but the lights on the Speedo and Tacho dont work. You have to stop the car, turn it off, use the unlock button on the remote than start the car again. Has anyone else experienced this or is just a fault with R2D2.

Sorry sort of Hijacked the thread as well.

James
Old 13-08-2010, 11:56 AM   #5
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Checked and the drivers door lock tab works whether or not the engine is running.

The remote will only work if the key is out of the ignition.

Cheers

Alan

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2010, 03:30 PM   #6
vunny
Starter Motor

Thanks everyone.. it's obvious once someone tells you!
vunny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2010, 10:46 AM   #7
Dusty1
Giddy up!

I would have liked a button on the dash to lock the doors. But as I've got the auto-locking activated, it's not an issue for me.
If I upgrade to the MB or whatever it comes next year, I will probably have to use the drivers door lock to do all locks.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post