Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 18-06-2010, 03:26 PM   #1
Fent-Dog
Starter Motor

Default Bluethooth Drama XR5 v's iPhone

Gday Ladies and Gents.

Just wondering if I am the only person who has had trouble with the Bluetooth in their mondeo/focus?

I've got an 07 XR5 Mondeo and have had nothing but dramas with the Bluetooth. It hasn't work with a Nokia n70, a Nokia n95 or my new (old now) iPhone 3g. I even gave my work phone (nokia 6120) and go but it didn't work either.

However my mates Nokia n95 8gb and my wifes nokia 6131 works perfectly.

I've been to www.ford-mobile-connectivity.com which lists at the above phones as compatible.

The car went back once to get this fixed, (and they claimed to have fixed it, but didn't) and is going back in a couple of weeks time for round two.

Im sure there must me an XR5 owner out there with an iPhone 3g who can let me know

Fent-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2010, 03:41 PM   #2
warren77

I have a Mondeo XR5 - May 08 plated, so the MA model with bluetooth.
I have paired it with:
Several blackberries (Bolds and older ones)
iphone 3g and 3gs
Two various Nokias

Work perfectly for me.

Sounds like they need to replace the head unit and the bluetooth module located behind the glovebox.

As you are coming up to the end of your warranty, do not let this slip. Take a video of the problems you are experiencing and show them.
warren77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2010, 04:01 PM   #3
Fent-Dog
Starter Motor

Thanks warren,

I knew something was wrong. If they dont fix it this time, I may have to go off my nana.
Old 18-06-2010, 04:08 PM   #4
warren77

Just get a video of it not working.
If you can leave, the iphone with them as well.
And log a call to Ford Customer Service.
Old 18-06-2010, 06:29 PM   #5
Fent-Dog
Starter Motor

I plan to leave the phone with them, and call customer service.

Is there a purpose to making a video other show them it now working, because I can show them that live.
Old 18-06-2010, 10:59 PM   #6
warren77

If you can show them live, then that is great.
My problems I have not been able to replicate in front of them
Old 19-06-2010, 10:04 AM   #7
DRU842
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This may sound trite but I've only experienced the Bluetooth issues with Nokia phones on low battery or when there have been other 'phone' issues - failing software etc. This has occurred on two models of Nokia.
2017 Mustang Lightening Blue, Cobb Intercooler, CAI, AccessPort, Turbo Blanket & V2 Exhaust, Mishimoto Down-Pipe & Overflow Tank, GFB DV+, Custom CRD Tune. Ford Performance Short Throw Shifter & Strut Brace. DBA T3 Brakes & Pads. Braided Brake Lines. H&R Coilovers. Anderson CF Track Pack Spoiler & Tailgate Panel. Blue CF/Leather Steering Wheel.
DRU842 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2010, 12:51 PM   #8
Dusty1
Giddy up!

I had issues with an N95 and had to de-brand it, as the firmware Telstra puts on it was old and didn't work with the Bluetooth - might be a reason. Once this was done, took about 5 minutes, it worked a treat. The N95 8GB would have more recent firmware and likely why it works.
My 3Gs links up fine. It might be the 3G - getting it jail-broken by the friendly Chinese phone shop in your capital city could be an easier way of seeing it sorts the issue. Ford will most likely stuff you around. Costs about $50.
Have a look at the Euro Mondeo forum to see if anyone there has had the same issue.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2010, 12:58 PM   #9
Fent-Dog
Starter Motor

Thanks Dusty.. I might give that a go.
Old 22-06-2010, 01:07 PM   #10
warren77

You can also jail break a phone yourself.
Lots of tutorials on the web.

I am the only one in my office left running an unbroken phone.
The other 15 guys all have jail broken theirs with minimal issues.