Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 17-07-2010, 11:37 AM   #1
Rapid_Attack
Meh.

Default Any orders in yet for a Titanium Wagon?

Hey.

Ive been tossing up between Passats, Skoda's & Mondeo diesel wagons. I really like the Mondeo and need to transistion it with my current lease, to do so means I need a comitted delivery date. The various dealers tell me if I put money down ill get it in 3-4 weeks, however apparently they been saying the same thing for the past 2-3 months.
Demand in Europe is delaying arrivals as they have priority.

Has anyone put cash down yet for one?
Have you been getting the run around also?

Rapid_Attack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2010, 11:58 AM   #2
rob270
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_Attack
Have you been getting the run around also?
Run around, certainly. The dealers I have spoken to had only ordered the Zetec diesel wagon rather than the Titanium. I was told from mid Aug to mid Oct with no-one really committing to anything as they were not sure. I'm not overly keen to spend the cash sight unseen. If I recall correctly a couple of the dealers commented that they wouldn't even carry the Titanium wagon to begin with.

I find that hard to believe especially for metro dealers that have to have a minimum stock requirement. Anyway, I'm keen to see one when they finally arrive. Fairly pricey though at $55k full tote odds driveaway, might put a few potential buyers off.
rob270 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2010, 11:14 AM   #3
Dusty1
Giddy up!

$55K driveaway is a bit of cash.

I've waited for a Mondeo previously and could afford to be without a car then, but not now with a child.

I'd be keen to see one as well prior to putting the money down and I'd also be stipulating that if the car isn't delivered on the date I've specified (I'm on lease too) that the deposit will be refunded or they will need to give me a car to drive until it's delivered.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2010, 11:56 AM   #4
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hmm $55k don't think so,wait and see $45k should be closer to the mark

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2010, 01:43 PM   #5
Dusty1
Giddy up!

This report says the wagon will be $47,740 before on roads (http://www.themotorreport.com.au/502...-debut-planned).

I'm in Vic, so it would have to be closer to $52 - $53K on road. Am I off the mark with this?
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Old 19-07-2010, 05:11 PM   #6
XtRmn8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am sure that in about 6 months time you will be able to pick one up for around 40k on-road.
XtRmn8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2010, 09:09 PM   #7
Rapid_Attack
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtRmn8
I am sure that in about 6 months time you will be able to pick one up for around 40k on-road.
What makes you think that?

The MB Diesel range now hasn't shown this has it?
Rapid_Attack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2010, 04:24 PM   #8
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
This report says the wagon will be $47,740 before on roads (http://www.themotorreport.com.au/502...-debut-planned).

I'm in Vic, so it would have to be closer to $52 - $53K on road. Am I off the mark with this?
Mate have a read of this:

http://www.caradvice.com.au/73712/sk...iew-road-test/

apstar
Old 20-07-2010, 05:45 PM   #9
Dusty1
Giddy up!

If that's the price for the non drive away, then the Mondeo is cheaper by a little bit. Again it's the availability that's the clincher. I'll have to trek to the other side of town to have a look at one, as there aren't any Skoda dealers where I am.
Previous:
Old 20-07-2010, 08:18 PM   #10
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah, but I'd imagine that the typical Skoda dealer might actually want to sell you a Superb, than provide decent after sales service.

The fuel economy is very similar to that achieved when Wheels recently tested a Passat with the same drivetrain.
Old 20-07-2010, 09:08 PM   #11
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
If that's the price for the non drive away, then the Mondeo is cheaper by a little bit. Again it's the availability that's the clincher. I'll have to trek to the other side of town to have a look at one, as there aren't any Skoda dealers where I am.
Interesting to hear your impression a car looks totally different when you see it in the flesh rather than in a magazine

apstar
Old 21-07-2010, 10:00 AM   #12
RicOz

Skoda looks good, but I'd say Mondeo looks a bit better and more sporty on the outside, plus the wallnut finish in the Skoda is so... "I'm an old grey haired man" look...!
Old 21-07-2010, 10:12 AM   #13
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Apstar, the the impression favourable or not when it's seen in the flesh?

I'd expect it to have similar numbers to the Volkswagen as they share many similar components.

What's the go with the aftermarket service with Skoda's? Hopefully it isn't as bad as the running around I had to do with Ford to get a rear speaker replaced, which is still faulty, or the issues many had with water coming in from the tailgate.
Previous:
Old 21-07-2010, 12:47 PM   #14
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Apstar, the the impression favourable or not when it's seen in the flesh?

I'd expect it to have similar numbers to the Volkswagen as they share many similar components.

What's the go with the aftermarket service with Skoda's? Hopefully it isn't as bad as the running around I had to do with Ford to get a rear speaker replaced, which is still faulty, or the issues many had with water coming in from the tailgate.
Depends most magazines & on line sites seem to make them look bigger than they are in the photo,I took a BMW 3 Series 330d for a test drive and I had trouble getting into the car, but the photos made it look huge!! nice engine & auto though

apstar
Old 22-07-2010, 08:33 PM   #15
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Skoda Superb Wagon pricing is line ball with Mondeo Titanium Wagon
Škoda Superb Wagon Driveaway Price*
Superb Wagon 118TSI Ambition (7sp DSG)
$45,729.85*
Superb Wagon 125TDI Ambition (6sp DSG)
$48,841.85*
Superb Wagon 118TSI Elegance (7sp DSG)