Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 19-07-2010, 07:08 PM   #31
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren77
IMHO the biggest thing letting the Mondeo down is the lack of an integrated GPS
Agreed.

That was nearly a deal breaker for my cousin but he went ahead with the purchase.
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2010, 07:21 PM   #32
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfiipursuit
Bought a silver one..

2010 plate with ipod cable.

Cheers.
I thought you can control your Ipod/IPhone through Bluetooth so you won't need the cable.

Congrats on the purchase.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2010, 07:23 PM   #33
warren77

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503
Agreed.

That was nearly a deal breaker for my cousin but he went ahead with the purchase.
I have nearly purchased the Ford unit from the UK.
But can not guarantee it will work in Australia. I know I would need Aussie maps and the GPS Antenna, plus have to get it enabled.

Not sure which maps it uses.

But for $2k it is too much of a gamble.
warren77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2010, 08:57 PM   #34
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I have nearly purchased the Ford unit from the UK.
But can not guarantee it will work in Australia. I know I would need Aussie maps and the GPS Antenna, plus have to get it enabled.

Not sure which maps it uses.

But for $2k it is too much of a gamble.
Integrated GPS! with prices around the $250-$300 for a Tom Tom,Garman etc why would you want to spend $2k+!

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2010, 09:41 PM   #35
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by apstar
Integrated GPS! with prices around the $250-$300 for a Tom Tom,Garman etc why would you want to spend $2k+!

apstar
1. Integrated units are better

2. who can be bothered putting it on the window and taking it down all the time.

3. no need to worry about suction cup marks on the window enticing thieves

4. dont look like a tight wad...

Should i continue?
Old 19-07-2010, 11:45 PM   #36
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
1. Integrated units are better

2. who can be bothered putting it on the window and taking it down all the time.

3. no need to worry about suction cup marks on the window enticing thieves

4. dont look like a tight wad...

Should i continue?
May as well! I just gave my thoughts based on the rip off prices of integrated units charged by car manufactures and most of the times the integrated units have VERY expensive updates and most don't have speed cameras,red light cameras etc [ based on overseas manufacture ] its your choice I wasn't criticizing your decision if you took it that way... as being a tight wad... hmm that may be interesting to people here that bought portable GPS units!!

apstar
Old 20-07-2010, 07:52 AM   #37
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've got a portable GPS unit. Actually it's an old HTC touch phone with a bluetooth and seperate receiver. So a pain to use and I have to fubmble with cables and cigarette USB chargers. The last time I used it was nearly 12 months ago when I went to the gold coast. Other than that, I know my way around town, but have my Iphone to use if I need it as it has maps on it. A dedicated unit would be nice, but would never be a consideration when buying a car. GPS only tells you how to get there. It doesn't take you there.
Old 20-07-2010, 08:40 AM   #38
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey Apstar I didn't take offence
Why would I? I have a TomTom !
Would much rather an integrated unit though
Old 20-07-2010, 10:49 AM   #39
Dusty1
Giddy up!

I have a Navman and the way those b*stards charge to update maps, you are better off getting onto oo.com.au and buying a new one every year. 2009 maps for $130, hard to beat: http://www.oo.com.au/TomTom_One_Seri..._P24536C14.cfm. I updated mine in June 2009, and the maps didn't include the Geelong bypass.

I also think that the price of the integrated units are cheaper in Europe too, and no where near $2K.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2010, 11:15 AM   #40
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
I thought you can control your Ipod/IPhone through Bluetooth so you won't need the cable.

Congrats on the purchase.
Not all ipods etc have bluetooth, thats why we got the cable.

Cheers.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2010, 11:44 AM   #41
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
No doub't it is, but I believe they would be limiting their market by having a manual option only, when a similar vehicle (Mazda 6 Luxury Sport's) is offered with a 5spd Auto, I never really considered the Mondeo untill this thread and looking into them as I've alway's liked the Mazda 6 LS, but my next vehicle will be a auto as I have had manual's all my life and I am getting lazy, lol.
A titanium is a Mazda 6 luxury sports competitor, the XR5 is better again.

Im happy with the manual, its the easiest manual car ive ever driven due to the fact that it has hill assist.
Old 20-07-2010, 01:05 PM   #42
warren77

The integreated GPS / DVD is listed as being a 1,000pound option.
Until recently, it was more than that - 1,500 I think?
That would be also as an upgrade from the Sony 6 stacker, so that would remove some of the cost.
The integrated unit also uses the HMI, which means you can control it from the steering wheel, or the touch screen. Very useful.
Plus it would make the dash look a bit more modern.
Old 20-07-2010, 02:09 PM   #43
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hey Apstar I didn't take offence
Why would I? I have a TomTom !
Would much rather an integrated unit though
No worries I got a Nokia 6110 Navigator many years ago before what we see now on the market and has been great little device yeh I agree with you but I cannot see how they justify their prices BUT if it also plays DVD that will be a bonus

apstar

Last edited by apstar; 20-07-2010 at 02:14 PM.
Old 20-07-2010, 04:59 PM   #44
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Waiting to pick up our new toy..... I think this car will get used more then the other 2.
Old 20-07-2010, 05:20 PM   #45
warren77

Quote:
Waiting to pick up our new toy..... I think this car will get used more then the other 2.
Put bluefin on it!
Then you will really have some fun with it
I also just put in a GGR CAI. Yes it is expensive.
But makes it so much more fun to drive.

Do it...you know you want to.
Old 20-07-2010, 05:32 PM   #46
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nah no mods allowed..

Bog stock I dont wanna play with it.
Old 20-07-2010, 05:41 PM   #47
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you say that now... lol...

New ride: 2010 LV Focus XR5 - Moondust Silver - More mods than you can poke a stick at
mondo_broady is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2010, 07:06 PM   #48
warren77

Quote:
Nah no mods allowed..

I said the same thing.
I was coming from a dead stock Liberty, so the extra power was nice.
But power is like money - more! Got to have more!
And one thing lead to another.
Old 20-07-2010, 09:14 PM   #49
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

On the weekend I test drove a BMW 3 Series 330D wow....... almost a 360deg spin 180Kw 530Nm rear drive thank god for ESC and I was on my own

apstar
Old 20-07-2010, 09:16 PM   #50
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

that 3.0 ltr diesel engine from BMW is a thing of legend!!!!!

Congrats on the purchase Brent. Pics when she gets delivered please
Old 20-07-2010, 09:20 PM   #51
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Warranty is a wonderful thing. I had a gear box replaced in the XR5 focus. Bog stock. It was hard enough getting a new box out of ford, couldn't imagine how hard it would have been if it had mods.
Old 20-07-2010, 10:42 PM   #52
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey guys do they lock when u drive above 10km per hour?
Old 20-07-2010, 11:38 PM   #53
warren77

Quote:
Hey guys do they lock when u drive above 10km per hour?
Assuming you mean the doors?

From factory, no.
But you can ask Ford to activate the anti-hijack feature.
Some people have had it done successfully.
Others haven't due to the techs not being able to find it.
Old 21-07-2010, 01:06 AM   #54
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Assuming you mean the doors?

From factory, no.
But you can ask Ford to activate the anti-hijack feature.
Some people have had it done successfully.
Others haven't due to the techs not being able to find it.
So what happens when you drive below 10 km/hr do they unlock!

apstar
Old 21-07-2010, 08:58 AM   #55
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No the Falcon will automatically lock once you drive over 10 km an hour until you go to get out of it. Im keen to get this setup on the Mondeo as my g/f will be driving it by herself.
Old 21-07-2010, 10:15 AM   #56
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
No the Falcon will automatically lock once you drive over 10 km an hour until you go to get out of it. Im keen to get this setup on the Mondeo as my g/f will be driving it by herself.
Good luck getting this done. Some buyers have been advised that Ford won't do it any more. I got it done on mine back in 2008, but it was a lot of stuffing about with the dealers who said they didn't know how to do it.

Have a look at the Euro Mondeo site to see if it actually able to be done. I'm pretty sure there's a thread on here about it and how it can't be done. Do a search and see if you can find it.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Old 21-07-2010, 10:38 AM   #57
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
Good luck getting this done. Some buyers have been advised that Ford won't do it any more. I got it done on mine back in 2008, but it was a lot of stuffing about with the dealers who said they didn't know how to do it.

Have a look at the Euro Mondeo site to see if it actually able to be done. I'm pretty sure there's a thread on here about it and how it can't be done. Do a search and see if you can find it.
So your saying you got it done but it cant be done??

Surely its a simple matter of putting the car on the WDS and changing a setting.

How do you unlock when you want to get out?
Old 21-07-2010, 11:30 AM   #58
warren77

I do not have it but seen it work in other cars.

You drive over 10km / hr. The doors lock.
They stay locked until someone in the car opens a door (internal handle).
if they unlocked <10km / hr, it would defeat the purpose.

For places where car jacking is a lot more common.
Old 21-07-2010, 11:39 AM   #59
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
So your saying you got it done but it cant be done??

Surely its a simple matter of putting the car on the WDS and changing a setting.

How do you unlock when you want to get out?
I've got an MA which was October 07 build. I got it done after pointing the service department at the Euro Mondeo site to show then how it can be done.

It's not called 'autolocking' but 'anti hijack' in the IDS. I don't know if you can get it done on the MB, and there is a thread on here (have a search on auto locking) that says it may not be doable on the MB. There is also a thread on the Euro forum as well. They have had the car for longer than us, and having a look there will give more info than we can (http://www.fordmondeo.org/forum/show...807d0b153a3b4/).

I'd be surprised if the service guys know anything about it, they didn't when I asked about it.
Previous:
Old 21-07-2010, 11:42 AM   #60
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
I've got an MA which was October 07 build. I got it done after pointing the service department at the Euro Mondeo site to show then how it can be done.

It's not called 'autolocking' but 'anti hijack' in the IDS. I don't know if you can get it done on the MB, and there is a thread on here (have a search on auto locking) that says it may not be doable on the MB. There is also a thread on the Euro forum as well. They have had the car for longer than us, and having a look there will give more info than we can (http://www.fordmondeo.org/forum/show...807d0b153a3b4/).

I'd be surprised if the service guys know anything about it, they didn't when I asked about it.
Thanks mate ill have to wait for the first service.