Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 21-07-2010, 06:09 PM   #1
Ezra
Starter Motor

Default Poor radio reception

Hi
I have a 2009 MB Zetec.
The radio is fine on FM band but the AM band reception is poor to point of being "unlistenable".

has anyone else got this problem or perhaps have a solution?

Ezra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2010, 06:14 PM   #2
paulie0735
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Mine is fine, I listen to AM for an hour or so driving home every day (SEN in Melb). Reception is perfect. AM is very sensitive to the aerial connections might pay to get the dealer to check it.

Welcome to the forum.
paulie0735 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2010, 09:11 PM   #3
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezra
Hi
I have a 2009 MB Zetec.
The radio is fine on FM band but the AM band reception is poor to point of being "unlistenable".

has anyone else got this problem or perhaps have a solution?
Mine is fine then again depends which station you are listening to the well known stations have much higher power than the less known ones as you don't give your location where you are.Cannot be connection otherwise FM will drop out

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2010, 09:39 PM   #4
FERG_51
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There is an aerial conection behind the drivers side A pillar mould that can get a bad conection. I have come across this prob before.
FERG_51 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2010, 01:46 PM   #5
piquetcon
Starter Motor

My AM(SEN) used to be fine, then about a year ago, if I go near a building, tram line or petrol station it looses reception. Spoke to the service dept and they said they are having lots of issues with AM radio. They did check the connection, but did not fix the problem. No problems with FM.
piquetcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2010, 02:12 PM   #6
warren77

Our head units get AM? ;)
Sorry I listen to my ipod almost exclusively.

I do know a number of XR5 owners who have gone to a shorty aerial have had issues.
Especially on the AM stations.

I do agree - take it back to the dealer and get them to check it.
warren77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2010, 01:25 PM   #7
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have found that if i have my charger for my phone plugged into the cig lighter socket it causes interferance on AM. So i pull it out unless i need to charge the ph battery.
bathurst77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2010, 02:19 PM   #8
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77
I have found that if i have my charger for my phone plugged into the cig lighter socket it causes interferance on AM. So i pull it out unless i need to charge the ph battery.
My partner hogs the front 12 volt for her phone, so I use the one at the back of the centre console. If I leave the iPhone in the cup holders, I can sometimes get interference.

AM can be problematic, and I think it depends on which end of the spectrum the station is on that can add to this.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post