Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 04-01-2009, 03:16 PM   #1
NJM586

Default QLD trip in the WQ fiesta

hey guys and girls,

I cannot recommend the fiesta enough for long trips drove from campbelltown to surfers paradise QLD over night and then back during the day and the fiesta was great excellent on fuel only filled up twice both ways a tank gets me about 670kms !!! the fiesta actually saved my life with how great the turning is as some clown on the road did not tie up there push bike tightly and at 100km an hour the bike fell off the bike rack right in front of me thankfully there was no one on the other side of the road i swerved and missed it buy a meter but very lucky mind you my fiesta is lowered on pedders and rolling on 17inch wheels but cannot recommend enough the performance of the fiesta especially going up hill through all the twisties and turnes had a great time driving it so if anyone out there is thinking about driving the fiesta on a long distance drive i highly recommend it only negative thing is a rock put a crack in my windscreen but that's what insurance is for and the risk of driving next to trucks :( other then that smoothest trip i have been on

If anyone has any questions or import please feel free to post !!

James

NJM586 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2009, 10:58 AM   #2
ozyute

Default Fiesta 100%

I drive my wifes fiesta from albury to sunshine coast over christmas with a 6X4 trailer plus air con on, and did not miss a beat very comfortable to drive and did the hills no trouble i had to keep looking to make sure the trailer was still on
had the trailer to pick up xr4 rims from brisbane and carry camping gear
regards daryl : :
ozyute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2009, 10:55 PM   #3
JayD

This time last year I drove our 5 door WQ zetec from Melbourne to the Gold Coast with the wife and two kids, as well as a 7x5 trailer with a cage and a big dumb Labrador. It didn't miss a beat the whole trip. It would have been nice to have cruise, but other than that quite a good trip.
JayD
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2009, 09:31 AM   #4
Ben85

I Just did sydney to bunderburg on boxing day, i drove for 15 hours and 1400kms straight and the fiesta just kept going!!!! Great little car!!!!!!!

Interior:- MOMO Blue Leather Gear Knob, Window tint, Scuff Plates, ST Black & Blue Leather seats, Soundstream Amp & 5x7 speakers, Sony Headunit, Pioneer sub & Amp.

Under the Hood:- Superchips ECU Flash Tune, Denso Iridium plugs, KV85 Magnecor Leads, BMC CDA Induction.

Exterior:- Spoiler, clear side repeaters, Lowered (35mm) King Springs, Whiteline 22mm Rear sway bar, 2" cat back exhaust with a dual conversion, Konig 17" Hotswap with Kumho Rubber, HID's.
Ben85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 12:13 AM   #5
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I did Brisbane to Perth in a FESTIVA !!!! It did the trip very well, no problems.