Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > ORSM Ford Cruise Car Club > Orsm Build Thread

Orsm Build Thread Only for the ORSM Club Members and their rides

Old 04-02-2009, 06:43 PM   #151
Molloy
Captain beat down

Nice XR5 mate, had it on the rollers yet?

Molloy's Build thread
Molloy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2009, 04:43 PM   #152
MR_LON
ORSMT5

not yet mate, but going by others with similar mods it should have about 160kw atw.
it get along ok
EO XR5 with blacked out highlights, grilles & fog surround, black angel eye headlights, black turbo badges, eibach springs, bluepower custom tune, motorcade ic & intake piping, Xforce turbo back exhaust, lexus style rear fog/reverse lights, EBC red pads, Goodridge braided lines, Motul 5.1 fluid, custom fibreglass bonnet & slam panel cover, under bonnet bling & more soon
MR_LON is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2009, 06:05 PM   #153
MR_LON
ORSMT5

got an ECU cover finished today, will get it painted before geelong.

EO XR5 with blacked out highlights, grilles & fog surround, black angel eye headlights, black turbo badges, eibach springs, bluepower custom tune, motorcade ic & intake piping, Xforce turbo back exhaust, lexus style rear fog/reverse lights, EBC red pads, Goodridge braided lines, Motul 5.1 fluid, custom fibreglass bonnet & slam panel cover, under bonnet bling & more soon
Old 21-03-2009, 02:25 PM   #154
MR_LON
ORSMT5

as i was gearing up for the Geelong AFD on sunday 15th i had the car back at the painters so he could finish it off, i dropped it off on the thurs arvo straight after i got the new wheels on & was ment to get it back on the friday arvo, this didn't happen. i called up to see if it would be ready & he said no but it will be by 12 on sat, this was fine as i was working that morning but i told him i need it ready so i can finish it off for the AFD.
this is how my car looked at 12:30 when i got there.

it wasn't looking good to be ready in time so i asked if there was anything i could do to help, i ended up masking my car up so he could paint the top of the inner guards & the suspension tower tops.

whilst i was doing this he was painting the bits for the wheels, we tried them on when dry enough to see how they looked.
wheels before

after

i then removed all the masking & began putting my car back together.

i got him to paint the ecu cover & he also did the battery cover
ecu cover.

i left the shop at 9:10pm then had to come home & get as much of the car ready for Geelong the next day
Old 21-03-2009, 02:27 PM   #155
MR_LON
ORSMT5

with the car like this i picked up best non classified at GAFD & best any other ford at SA AFD
Old 21-03-2009, 02:38 PM   #156
MR_LON
ORSMT5

the changes are continuing, i started project bonnet today
started with a new bonnet & marked out where i was going to start the mods.

the first thing was a piece of PU foam

this was then stuck down

then the shaping began

after the final shaping of stage 1

it's now ready for the next stage
Old 21-03-2009, 03:08 PM   #157
orsm8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

mmm thats one hell of a big bulge there Ron. That will look orsm!!!!!!!!
orsm8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2009, 05:32 PM   #158
Sick EB
ORSM Ford Cruisers

Thats going to look fantastic... Its massive!!! Yor car keeps getting better and better whilst retaining the 'stock' look. real credit to you.

by the way- where do you get all your fiberglass supplies from- im considering doing some custom pieces myself and wanted to get the gear as cheap as possible. and the answer to the next question is- no i have never done fiberglass before- but im keen to learn.

matt

1993 EB2 Gli---->Build Thread
2008 FG XR8 SEDAN 300RWKW N/A

2008 FG XR6 TURBO-UTE>>> SOLD
2002 AU3 XLS UTE>>>SOLD
Sick EB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2009, 10:10 AM   #159
MR_LON
ORSMT5

Quote:
Originally Posted by orsm8
mmm thats one hell of a big bulge there Ron.
yeah i've been thinking about that & after much deliberation i've decided thats it's a bit out of proportion height wise, even though it's only 40mm high i'm going to cut it down a bit to 35mm. it just doesn't look right that high
Old 22-03-2009, 10:13 AM   #160
MR_LON
ORSMT5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick EB

by the way- where do you get all your fiberglass supplies from- im considering doing some custom pieces myself and wanted to get the gear as cheap as possible. and the answer to the next question is- no i have never done fiberglass before- but im keen to learn.

matt
i get all my supplies from my work, it helps when i work in the glassing industry, also chatting with some reps that come through has some advantages it getting some stuff to sample.

i'll give you some tips when your ready to do something
Old 22-03-2009, 01:44 PM   #161
RED FGII
Formerly EL-351

yeh,just as well ur not doing it at my place...........................
Old 22-03-2009, 08:59 PM   #162
XXRR-50
Formerly ORSMT-2

Looking good Lon, I see you decided to do something different than the usual ba bulge style. Is the opening going to be functional, maybe some sort of custom intake to draw more air?

Previous cars:
'03 BA G220 Fairlane
'00 T2 TE50 #063(ORSMT-2)
'96 EFII Fairmont Ghia 5l V8(TOPGIA#2)
'03 BA Fairmont Ghia I6(TOPGIA#1)
'94 ED XR6(TKFRD-6)
'93 EB S-XR6

FOR SALE: ORSMT-2 NUMBER PLATES
XXRR-50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2009, 09:53 PM   #163
MR_LON
ORSMT5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSM-EL
yeh,just as well ur not doing it at my place...........................
why? you scared of a bit of dust?
Old 22-03-2009, 09:54 PM   #164
MR_LON
ORSMT5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSMT-2
Looking good Lon, I see you decided to do something different than the usual ba bulge style. Is the opening going to be functional, maybe some sort of custom intake to draw more air?
hey Bud, yes it will have a specific function
Old 22-03-2009, 10:03 PM   #165
MR_LON
ORSMT5

started off making a slight change to the height & took it down to 35mm, changed the front & the rear.

next was to seal & glass it

when dry enough trim it up & remove the excess

after letting it cure for a while i applied a filler to level it out

Old 22-03-2009, 11:13 PM   #166
RED FGII
Formerly EL-351

Hey,what u got gloves on for, you big girl.......and dust, :togo: still cleaning the up
Old 22-03-2009, 11:39 PM   #167
JAKHMR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats coming out ORSM.

Quote:
Success is the good fortune that comes from:
Inspiration , aspiration , desperation , and perspiration
JAKHMR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2009, 04:28 PM   #168
ORSM-XT
ORSM Ford Cruiser

Cant wait 4 the outcome

Cheerz,
Old 23-03-2009, 05:50 PM   #169
Sick EB
ORSM Ford Cruisers

i really looking forward to the finished result of the bonnet ron!

1993 EB2 Gli---->Build Thread
2008 FG XR8 SEDAN 300RWKW N/A

2008 FG XR6 TURBO-UTE>>> SOLD
2002 AU3 XLS UTE>>>SOLD
Old 23-03-2009, 07:08 PM   #170
auMatt
ORSM Ford Cruisers

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Matt's valued contributions in the technical area associated with AU/BA/BF & Terri instrument clusters & ICC's is considered the authoritative guide to work by members in this are of expertise. His contributions stand alone in the forum in this technical  

I like your bulge ron.

Contact me for all your Cluster Programming/Repairs & Window switch/ICC colour change for BA/BF/FG Falcons & Territory. Visit my SITE for info.

I Use and Recommend :
Ferntree Gully Auto Salvage
AutoWorks - Keilor
RIP Craig
RIP Samantha
auMatt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2009, 05:15 AM   #171
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Ron, I too am looking forward to the end result. Not only a very clean car, but a show stopping one with all the mods.
Old 24-03-2009, 06:17 PM   #172
MR_LON
ORSMT5

thanks for the comments guys
Old 28-03-2009, 06:24 PM   #173
MR_LON
ORSMT5

next up was a lot of sanding then applying a fine filler to touch up any low spots

finished sanding

then it was on to the hi-fill

once dry more sanding this time with 400 grit

sanding finished & ready to start the prep to make the mould
Old 28-03-2009, 09:19 PM   #174
XXRR-50
Formerly ORSMT-2

Ron, once you finished with the bulge, you should contact PFM and SF magazines to do a feature of your car. Its just getting better and better...
Certainly worth getting it into a mag.

Previous cars:
'03 BA G220 Fairlane
'00 T2 TE50 #063(ORSMT-2)
'96 EFII Fairmont Ghia 5l V8(TOPGIA#2)
'03 BA Fairmont Ghia I6(TOPGIA#1)
'94 ED XR6(TKFRD-6)
'93 EB S-XR6

FOR SALE: ORSMT-2 NUMBER PLATES
XXRR-50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2009, 12:25 PM   #175
Sick EB
ORSM Ford Cruisers

thats coming along fantastic ron. i agree with bud. im sure those magazines will do a full feature on your car mate.

top job
matt
Old 31-03-2009, 06:13 PM   #176
MR_LON
ORSMT5

after applying the release agent it was onto the gelcoat

then when dry the first layer of glass

more layers of glass over the next couple of days, all look the same so no pics
Old 31-03-2009, 06:36 PM   #177
RED FGII
Formerly EL-351

so what are you actually doing man, is it a mould to make more or just the 1 off ??
Old 31-03-2009, 06:51 PM   #178
auMatt
ORSM Ford Cruisers

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Matt's valued contributions in the technical area associated with AU/BA/BF & Terri instrument clusters & ICC's is considered the authoritative guide to work by members in this are of expertise. His contributions stand alone in the forum in this technical  

Look ORSM mate. BTW let me know when you need the TORX back, I still havent changed it yet, as the wife needed the car, so if its alright to borrow for this weekend and get them back to you then. If you need them in a hurry I'll drop them off.

Thanks again mate.

Bring on the BULGE!

Contact me for all your Cluster Programming/Repairs & Window switch/ICC colour change for BA/BF/FG Falcons & Territory. Visit my SITE for info.

I Use and Recommend :
Ferntree Gully Auto Salvage
AutoWorks - Keilor
RIP Craig
RIP Samantha
auMatt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2009, 07:08 PM   #179
MR_LON
ORSMT5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSM-EL
so what are you actually doing man, is it a mould to make more or just the 1 off ??
for what i'm doing i need to make a mould.

as for more than 1, not at this stage

Matt, you'r ok with the torx for now mate, just drop them off when your done
Old 31-03-2009, 09:13 PM   #180
ORSM-XT
ORSM Ford Cruiser

RON this is insane

can't wait till we see the 1st buldging XR5!!

Cheerz,