Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 25-02-2009, 10:26 PM   #1
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

Default Sunroof

Could someone pls post some pics of their sunroofs.
The nice brochure lists it as an option, but no pics (outside / inside / switchgear).
Functions ? Slide only / Tilt slide ?
Inside cover ? Any at all ? (I've seen one go past and I think it was glass)
How do people find them in our Aussie climate (esp. recently!!)
How would you rate the wind noise? My 89 prelude was quite boomy with it open at speed (no deflector, slide only)

Mondeos are a bit thin on the ground here in ACT, and then they don't have sunroof option.

Thanks in advance everyone.

allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2009, 10:52 PM   #2
Superoo
Mondeo TDCi / BA XR6T

Don't have pics at the moment. The roof has both slide and tilt functions and there is an internal cover. The roof can also be opened and closed via the global open function along with all the windows from the flip key. They can be a bit noisy when open at speed but you can always adjust the opening to reduce any buffeting effect.
Old 27-02-2009, 11:15 AM   #3
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Mine's great. I have it on tilt most of the time, and rarely open - just personal.

There is an inside cover, and it does a good job of stopping the sun. It is a bit noisy when open, but there are two settings, one wide open and the other open not quite all the way. Not quite all the way is the default setting.

On hot days, I leave it open on tilt, put up the twisty sun shades on the front window, and it's pretty comfy inside. Still hot, but that's what A/C is for.

Mine did leak (not a torrent of water, just some drips), but that was due to a dodgy seal, and Ford replaced it, and I haven't had a problem since.

I reckon the wind buffering would be worse in a convertible.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2009, 07:49 PM   #4
warren77

Check out http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....8&page=2&pp=25
and http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11242188 for some photos of my XR5 with a sunroof.

I use it quite regularly, especially at night.
The vent option is good.
The fully open option is great at night. I don't use it during the day as I tend to burn a bit too easily.
The cover keeps the temp down quite nicely.

I would prefer that it was linked into the controls on the steering wheel (me just being picky) but love it is part of the global open and close.
It comes already tinted which matches the Sea Grey really nicely.

If you can afford, do it IMHO. Makes the car stand out during resale. I would do bluetooth before the sunroof however (I did both).
warren77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post