Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 28-03-2009, 06:32 PM   #1
undertow33
Starter Motor

Exclamation Lowering my wagon - NEED HELP

Hi everybody, not sure if this is the right place but i need help

Im considering sticking some new springs on to lower my car at least 50mm at front and 30 or 25mm at the back.

Does anybody know if this will cause any problems and who would sell springs for this because ive checked out P.I Springs and AVO Springs but they both UK and i want to be sure before i order overseas.

My brother says try some King Springs but they dont make any for a mondeo... are there any identicle cars to the mondeo in terms of the suspension so i could order them?

sorry if this makes no sence... im not that mechanically minded. my brother is the mechanic of the family but he doesnt help me much.

Thanks

undertow33 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2009, 10:20 PM   #2
LRsedan
Now XR5hatch!

I've bought springs from os, no problems.

Just check they are for your model, for a wagon and finally for the same size engine (different engines in the models weigh different, so the front end ride height will change).

And you should be fine.

Personally I would look at Eibach sportlines or if you want handling the eibach pro-kit.
LRsedan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2009, 10:50 PM   #3
undertow33
Starter Motor

ok, are the Eibachs good do u know? cause their shop is like 20mins away so i might go in and let them take a look.

also do u know how much they are? i cant find it anywhere.

thanks for the info though
Old 29-03-2009, 12:14 AM   #4
LRsedan
Now XR5hatch!

I've got eibachs in my mondeo (2008), and I've had them in previous cars. Great springs.

Eibach is one of the better brands going around at the moment. H&R are also quite good.

My eibach prokit springs cost $450 for the springs plus install. This was imported from Germany.

Eibach sportline springs are a little cheaper, but still great quality.

Prices may be a little more expensive out here, but you'd have to check.
Old 29-03-2009, 02:54 PM   #5
undertow33
Starter Motor

only the springs then? Because i was considering getting some coilovers all round.

im guessing coilovers are MUCH more expensive then?
Old 30-03-2009, 05:36 PM   #6
LRsedan
Now XR5hatch!

Coilovers...

The best suspension you can buy. If its just for street use, its a waste of money IMO. The benefits of coilovers on the street are negligible. Only thing is the height adjustability. The rest of the settings you wont touch after they are installed.

For a nice set of coilovers, prepare to pay $1500 and upwards. Electronic adjustable models are really expensive.

If you need shocks and springs, go the coilovers. As the prices will be very similar (for the same quality), so you might as well.

IMO If your shocks are fine, and your lowering within there effective range (consult your suspension installer) just get springs and pocket the money. Or add a nice upgraded rear sway-bar to keep the front inside tyres planted around the bends.