Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 13-02-2009, 09:18 PM   #1
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default New Mondeo Owner

Hi Guys

On Tuesday I sold my Performance Blue Focus XR5 and traded up to a Mondeo XR5 in Ink Blue. I've had many issues with the focus over the time I've owned it, but was happy to give the Mondeo a go. So far so good. Anyway I only picked it up today.

Hopefully going out soon to get some nice photo's, but for now, here are the 2 cars together.

Cheers

Dwayne

Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2009, 10:09 PM   #2
FRIKA
FRIKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
Hi Guys

On Tuesday I sold my Performance Blue Focus XR5 and traded up to a Mondeo XR5 in Ink Blue. I've had many issues with the focus over the time I've owned it, but was happy to give the Mondeo a go. So far so good. Anyway I only picked it up today.

Hopefully going out soon to get some nice photo's, but for now, here are the 2 cars together.

Cheers

Dwayne

Hey Dwayne,

Looks like me and you have ended up in with the same cars. Ive had some issues with mine but I dont want too scare you too much. Hope all goes well with yours.
Old 14-02-2009, 12:44 PM   #3
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Congrats, Dwayne. I've spent a bit of time riding shot-gun with Zetec in a XR5 Turbo and was seriously impressed.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2009, 12:45 PM   #4
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks guys. So far I've impressed with the car. Same running gear as my Focus and apart from the ford badge, I think that's where the similarities end. I like it so far. I'm sure I'll miss that responsiveness and handling of the focus, but I quite like the finish on the mondeo, so I think it will suit me well.
Old 15-02-2009, 06:08 PM   #5
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Well Bucky a short lived affair with the XR5 and now to the Mondeo.
Well congrats on the new girl hopefully she's well behaved.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2009, 08:43 PM   #6
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedriver
Well Bucky a short lived affair with the XR5 and now to the Mondeo.
Well congrats on the new girl hopefully she's well behaved.
Thanks Maurie. Not sure what it is about these ford blues. This is number 5 for me.
Old 25-02-2009, 11:31 PM   #7
FRIKA
FRIKA

It looks like i might be going the other way. from a mondeo xr5 to a focus xr5
Old 26-02-2009, 01:44 PM   #8
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not happy with yours?

The focus is a great car, but with the problems I had, and the Mondeo having been perfect so far, I've not regretted the switch. But I'm only at 930k's, so I've not had time to see any dramas unfold. One thing you'll miss is the space in the mondeo and cruise, but you'll love the feel, ride and the ease of Parking. I really miss the sound and the dash guages. Mondeo is nice, but the Focus has its own charm. 50/50 between the 2 really. Size for me is the most important. I want to travel and with a growing lad, he needs more room.

Good luck with your pending purchase.
Old 26-02-2009, 11:06 PM   #9
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Congrats - who did you deal with at Belconnen?
Old 26-02-2009, 11:59 PM   #10
FRIKA
FRIKA

Quote:
Not happy with yours?

The focus is a great car, but with the problems I had, and the Mondeo having been perfect so far, I've not regretted the switch. But I'm only at 930k's, so I've not had time to see any dramas unfold. One thing you'll miss is the space in the mondeo and cruise, but you'll love the feel, ride and the ease of Parking. I really miss the sound and the dash guages. Mondeo is nice, but the Focus has its own charm. 50/50 between the 2 really. Size for me is the most important. I want to travel and with a growing lad, he needs more room.

Good luck with your pending purchase.
The room in the Mondeo is fantatsic and it will be missed. Ive had quite a few issues with mine, hence time to say goodbye. I drove the focus last night and couldnt believe the sound it produced. Was pretty happy with it overall and only downfall i could see is No cruise control. So im 90% convinced at the moment but also starting to think if it will be big enough. We have a 14 month daughter and sometimes space is a necessity.
Other issue I really wanted white. But all gone (08) that is. Im after 08 LV obvioulsy to save some $$$$. Trying to pretty much changeover with minimal costs. At the moment looking at $2500 changeover. Blue LV with stripes and floor mats.
Old 27-02-2009, 05:39 PM   #11
MondeoManiac
Starter Motor

After considering a new car for a while I too am now the proud owner of a Mondeo and could not be happier with the car!
Old 28-02-2009, 01:33 PM   #12
Katoomba

Quote:
Not happy with yours?

The focus is a great car...the ease of Parking. .
Apart from the water that gets in the Mondeo when I lift the rear hatch, the only ongoing annoying is that I find it a very difficult car to park, not only because of the high rear but also the front end as well. In some carparks the width of the front door has actually stopped me from getting out. I don't think I could park it without the sensors.

I've wimped a bit now and if I know the parking situation in advance (like my local Coles/Kmart) I take my Laser.

Apart from that I never owned a car I enjoy driving as much as the Mondeo.
Old 28-02-2009, 01:43 PM   #13
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
Congrats - who did you deal with at Belconnen?
Jye Munro.
Old 28-02-2009, 01:52 PM   #14
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRIKA
The room in the Mondeo is fantatsic and it will be missed. Ive had quite a few issues with mine, hence time to say goodbye. I drove the focus last night and couldnt believe the sound it produced. Was pretty happy with it overall and only downfall i could see is No cruise control. So im 90% convinced at the moment but also starting to think if it will be big enough. We have a 14 month daughter and sometimes space is a necessity.
Other issue I really wanted white. But all gone (08) that is. Im after 08 LV obvioulsy to save some $$$$. Trying to pretty much changeover with minimal costs. At the moment looking at $2500 changeover. Blue LV with stripes and floor mats.
Small change over. I guess the dealer is trying to make something out of the deal.

We have a 7 year old, and as our only family car, I found it to be way too small. I'm not sure how you will go with prams and strollers. The boot fills up very quickly.

Sound is fantastic. I agree, cruise is a downfall, but I've not used mine yet.

I know where you are coming from. I had no end of drama's with mine. I think it's the luck of the draw. So far the Mondeo has been faultless and it restores my faith in the ford product. I actually enjoy driving the car. The focus I found was no desire to be in it, incase something else went wrong. I just think I was unlucky.

Good luck with the LV. It is a fantastic looking car. An improvement over previous LS/LT model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katoomba
Apart from the water that gets in the Mondeo when I lift the rear hatch, the only ongoing annoying is that I find it a very difficult car to park, not only because of the high rear but also the front end as well. In some carparks the width of the front door has actually stopped me from getting out. I don't think I could park it without the sensors.

I've wimped a bit now and if I know the parking situation in advance (like my local Coles/Kmart) I take my Laser.

Apart from that I never owned a car I enjoy driving as much as the Mondeo.
That is the one thing I found as well. Parking is a bugger. I've almost hit a pole in a car park, thank god for those sensors, I'd have clearly hit the pole without them.

I read about the water in the boot issue. I checked my seal, being Sept08 model, it's got the new seal and the new exhaust tips.

They are a pleasure to drive. I notice the difference in power between the focus and mondeo. But I don't mind, as its more comfortable to drive. I also can't wait to try the heated seats in Canberra in winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MondeoManiac
After considering a new car for a while I too am now the proud owner of a Mondeo and could not be happier with the car!
Congratulations on your purchase. Sea Grey was my 2nd choice. Ink Blue was 3rd.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:54 PM   #15
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

Progress report?
(I recognise that background!!)
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2009, 09:07 PM   #16
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I just had the 3,000 service. I had an oil change and filter done at the same time. The car so far has been fantastic. No niggling issues, nothing bad to report. The only thing I could say was bad is the paint is a little thin in a couple of areas. Just the Plastic parts of the body kit. Other than that, nothing bad to report.

Fuel economy around town is 9.1. Now the car is being used for shorter trips (Mrs got a new job, close to home, so 16 k's a day and not 64) I dare say that will increase a little.

All in all, aside from my AU, this is the best new car I've ever owned.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:47 PM   #17
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Each time I pick up a new batch of passengers the first thing they say is "Gee it's big inside" or "OMG the boot is huge" or "Its quite for a diesel"

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2009, 03:50 PM   #18
scribbly

Quote:
Originally Posted by apstar
"Its quite for a diesel"

apstar
...unless you're standing outside!

MA Mondeo
SZ Territory Titanium - >400,000 km
VF SSV Redline