Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 24-03-2009, 11:18 AM   #1
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Default High flow diesel pump

I've used these before in rural Victoria, and I find them to be difficult.

Unless I am going something wrong these pumps, they constantly clicks, I have to use the adapter thing that was in with spare, and I can't put it all the way in with out the adapter on (lucky I'm not childish, or else that could have been rude!).

I got a message through on the UK forum, that all you do with the normal diesel pump is simply put it in, rest it on the edge and fill. This works a treat, but can't do it with the high flows, as the adapter is required, and I have to have it out a bit to allow for the fuel to flow in, so it's not in hard against the adapter.

Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2009, 01:49 PM   #2
Shiner
Starter Motor

Is there supposed to be a question in that paragraph above?

Most servo's have both, use the small bore 'normal' one for your car.

The larger high-flow ones are there for the trucks, some of which can carry over 1000litres of fuel which would take a while on a small nozzle.

If there is only a high-flow one available then you are doing the right thing using the adaptor, but you may have to try and only pull the trigger a tiny bit at a time to slow the flow rate down otherwise it will click off to stop fuel leaking all over the side of the car.

If I missed the question and ansered a different one, sorry!

Wifey want's to know how many times someone is going to ask her if she knows she has pulled up at the diesel pump?
Shiner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2009, 05:34 PM   #3
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Thanks for the reply Shiner.

I am sorry I didn't put a question mark and a question in. Looks like you've had the same issue with haveing to leave the pump out a bit on the high flows. That's what I have to to.

Sometimes I find that there are no cars/trucks at the high flows, but more at the normal pumps.

You're lucky that your wife wants to fill it up - she wanted to once, picked the pump up, got diesel on her hands, gave it to me and said it's my job!
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post