Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 31-12-2020, 07:08 PM   #31
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: GTA Newie - Stolen Audi R8 Dashcam

crazy stuff.

This video shows me how many unnecessary redlights and stop signs there are
3 users like this post:
Old 01-01-2021, 08:38 PM   #32
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
crazy stuff.

This video shows me how many unnecessary redlights and stop signs there are
I can't believe how extremely lucky he was that day with how many intersections he blew through and had no real close calls. It's unbelievable.

It's probably lucky Newcastle has so many 4 way stop signs with the way this moron was driving. At least other drivers would have been slowing if they happened to come a cross him at one.
Generally 4 way stops are just annoying.
4 users like this post:
Old 01-01-2021, 10:35 PM   #33
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post
I can't believe how extremely lucky he was that day with how many intersections he blew through and had no real close calls. It's unbelievable.

It's probably lucky Newcastle has so many 4 way stop signs with the way this moron was driving. At least other drivers would have been slowing if they happened to come a cross him at one.
Generally 4 way stops are just annoying.
4 way stop signs?

So if four cars pull up the first one to move is breaking the law
Old 01-01-2021, 10:38 PM   #34
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Check out “Auto Strasti” on YT. Four-way stops are quite common in Russia. Crashes at them are, too.
This user likes this post:
Old 01-01-2021, 11:09 PM   #35
hayseed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
4 way stop signs?

There used to be 4 stop signs at Harefield Gaso.. Complete fustercluck
2 users like this post:
Old 01-01-2021, 11:42 PM   #36
Big_Daz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
4 way stop signs?

They are everywhere in San Francisco, which is where I encountered them from behind the wheel for the first time... Immediately turned right, pulled over and call our local friends to find out what the hell was the protocol for them... Over there it goes in order of arrival at the intersection.. Got used to them after a bit...

As for the video in question, the speed this idiot was flying through stop signs and red lights had my heart in my mouth.. Not to mention hitting speed bumps at speed on a low car... What also made me the most angry was not only did this lower than pond scum individual steal someone else's hard earned vehicle, AND drove it with such careless disregard to other human life... he then had the audacity to head to friends places to show the thing off and laugh about the whole thing...

Hers: 2020 (MY21) Kia Sorento GT-Line in Mineral Blue
Hers on Order: MY24 Ford Everest Platinum in Equinox Bronze
His Weekender: 2017 Commodore SSV Redline manual in Light My Fire Orange
His Daily: 2023 Hyundai Tuscon Elite N-Line in Crimson Red
Old 02-01-2021, 08:50 AM   #37
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
4 way stop signs?
Must be a long time since you've been to Newcastle and forgot about them. I think there are still a few in Sydney around the back of Granville / Clyde.
Amazes me the amount of driver who have no understanding on how to use them.

Old 02-01-2021, 10:43 AM   #38
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Probably like 4 way give way signs at roundabouts,most people don’t seem to know the rules there either.Don’t know how many times I have been approaching a roundabout when the clown in front stops because there is another car coming up about 20-30 metres away on their right,but it is supposed to give way to them anyway.
Old 02-01-2021, 11:21 AM   #39
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Must be a long time since you've been to Newcastle and forgot about them. I think there are still a few in Sydney around the back of Granville / Clyde.
Amazes me the amount of driver who have no understanding on how to use them.
I've never seen a 4 way stop sign in my life.

As such I would deal with this by first in best dressed and or give way to bigger vehicle
3 users like this post:
Old 02-01-2021, 12:02 PM   #40
lra
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As a Novocastrian ( that is a Newcastle resident to those who don't know ) I encountered these 4 way stop signs everyday while working as a driver.
If ...... big IF, 4 cars arrived at one of these intersections at exactly the same time, eye contact and hand motions solved the uncertainty.
Commonsense, courtesy and give way-to-the-right rules ( any one else remember those ) prevailed ........ never had a problem, and still don't.
2 users like this post:
Old 02-01-2021, 02:12 PM   #41
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by lra View Post
As a Novocastrian ( that is a Newcastle resident to those who don't know ) I encountered these 4 way stop signs everyday while working as a driver.
If ...... big IF, 4 cars arrived at one of these intersections at exactly the same time, eye contact and hand motions solved the uncertainty.
Commonsense, courtesy and give way-to-the-right rules ( any one else remember those ) prevailed ........ never had a problem, and still don't.
Yeah, commonsense and courtesy spot on. Cars usually wave me through first when I'm in the truck and I'll always yield to a bigger truck.

PS Franco, Yield means Stop and giveway.

Old 02-01-2021, 02:38 PM   #42
CyberWasp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dumb question of the day.
You steal a car and it is recorded on dash cam like this.
Wouldn't all the friends and family who appeared on cam be somehow implicated in some kind of crime if they did not immediately call police and say boofhead is here in a stolen car?
If boofhead drives off and they go about their normal lives saying nothing, is that not some kind of crime in itself, even though they did not steal the car?
Old 02-01-2021, 03:54 PM   #43
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberWasp View Post
Dumb question of the day.
You steal a car and it is recorded on dash cam like this.
Wouldn't all the friends and family who appeared on cam be somehow implicated in some kind of crime if they did not immediately call police and say boofhead is here in a stolen car?
If boofhead drives off and they go about their normal lives saying nothing, is that not some kind of crime in itself, even though they did not steal the car?
No - not a dumb question- actually very interesting.

Been 25 years since I practiced in crime in Darwin, and now I am the "basher of little old ladies" who fall over in shopping centres and lands of snags, or get injured in innumerable ways and sue my clients - or so my colleague calls me.

Anyway the usual crime was to "aide and abet" that is to encourage or assist someone in a crime. These friends and family did not appear to encourage or assist, they were called upon uninvited and were passive standing around observing.

Similar to you walking in a shopping centre and see someone steal something and do not report it, or see someone hit someone and do nothing. There is a difference to encourage or assist someone in a crime to being passive and non reactive non participant.

The more important question- was "Tim Tam" in his hut sleeping off drugs or was he out......

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender

Last edited by asagaai; 02-01-2021 at 04:00 PM.
3 users like this post:
Old 02-01-2021, 04:10 PM   #44
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by asagaai View Post
No - not a dumb question- actually very interesting.

Been 25 years since I practiced in crime in Darwin, and now I am the "basher of little old ladies" who fall over in shopping centres and lands of snags, or get injured in innumerable ways and sue my clients - or so my colleague calls me.

Anyway the usual crime was to "aide and abet" that is to encourage or assist someone in a crime. These friends and family did not appear to encourage or assist, they were called upon uninvited and were passive standing around observing.

Similar to you walking in a shopping centre and see someone steal something and do not report it, or see someone hit someone and do nothing. There is a difference to encourage or assist someone in a crime to being passive and non reactive non participant.

The more important question- was "Tim Tam" in his hut sleeping off drugs or was he out......
Does that apply to failing to report a crime after the fact by someone you know.

Reminds me of the last Seinfeld episode.

Jackie the lawyer quoting.......
"No one has ever heard of a guilty bystander"

Old 02-01-2021, 04:26 PM   #45
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Does that apply to failing to report a crime after the fact by someone you know.

Reminds me of the last Seinfeld episode.

Jackie the lawyer quoting.......
"No one has ever heard of a guilty bystander"
I think I will leave it to the police or lawyers on this site who delve in criminal law to answer this one.

They would be best qualified to comb through the Crimes Act and Summary Offences Act or whatever it is now called to give the answer about a family member failing to report a crime post fact.

The situation is that generally a problem arises when one family member helps another hide a crime- ie put body in boot and dig a grave and bury in some National Park etc...

Tim Tam may know the answer.....

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
Old 02-01-2021, 05:44 PM   #46
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

We are obviously finished talking about the Audi being stolen and his disgusting driving behaviour.

Thread closed.
Closed Thread