Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-10-2017, 02:10 PM   #61
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Default Re: EF XR6 is this becoming rare?

I'm probably going to buy an EL XR6 next month... if I can find a manual one in SA.
Junkyard-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 26-10-2017, 05:09 PM   #62
NickosBF2XRT

I have an EL XR8 and it was sitting in my front yard for a few months waiting for it to get some work done, and I honestly had 6 or so people come and ask if I was interested in selling, someone offered me a ridiculous amount, Now it sits at my mechanic until I get my licence back and people are still asking about weather its for sale. They will be worth something one day. Im sure i could sell mine for what I bought it for in a few years..
Old 26-10-2017, 05:47 PM   #63
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickosEL View Post
I have an EL XR8 and it was sitting in my front yard for a few months waiting for it to get some work done, and I honestly had 6 or so people come and ask if I was interested in selling, someone offered me a ridiculous amount, Now it sits at my mechanic until I get my licence back and people are still asking about weather its for sale. They will be worth something one day. Im sure i could sell mine for what I bought it for in a few years..
Overall, I prefer the look of the EB but the EL XR6/8 is objectively the best-looking E series. Probably the reason heaps of people are trying to buy yours.
Old 26-10-2017, 09:11 PM   #64
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
Any other AU snippets Sprintey, your linking of Aston Martin has me very curious for more info, i thought there was a Jaguar link (irs) but i know Ford owned both marques at the same time early 2000's.
cheers, Maka
Thanks, only snippets are a read of Gavin Farmer's "Tickford - The Joy of Driving" and the mag reviews from EBII S-XR6 onward ("Super Six"). There was very good engineering put into them.
Old 27-10-2017, 11:04 AM   #65
NickosBF2XRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard-Dog View Post
Overall, I prefer the look of the EB but the EL XR6/8 is objectively the best-looking E series. Probably the reason heaps of people are trying to buy yours.

I agree, while the base EF looks alright, the base EL is a horrid looking thing with its oval grill. But I totally agree with you about the EL XR with full tickford kit as being up there as one of the best looking modern falcons produced along with (in no order) the T3 TS/TE50, the AU3 XR with the rebel bodykit and the B series XR6/8. Wasnt to much of a fan of the FG range even less so with FG2, it looks so soft compared to an FG series 1, I feel ford went backwards there (FPV I liked, espessially the GT E, as I wasnt a fan of the racoon eyes. But love the look of the new FGX series.
Old 27-10-2017, 10:01 PM   #66
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

I concur.
Old 27-10-2017, 10:45 PM   #67
XR6WGN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Been thinking about spending a bit on my wagon lately. Since I purchased my FG, the wagon has taken a long earned rest but now it's not being used much at all.

Thing is - this year, I caught up with the last car I regretted selling - XD ESP. (6 cyl 4 spd) When I sold this back in the early 2000's it needed a rebuild, the person who purchased from me said that he would do it - it didn't happen. Earlier this year, it popped up for sale on Facebook after sitting in a person's yard basically since I sold it. After fighting every emotion I had not to buy it back, the person who did buy it, got it mobile and he was gracious in letting me drive it - all the great memories I had of that car flooded back and it made me think of just how much the wagon means to us as a family car.

I'd never get any great price for the wagon with over 500,000 kms on the clock but when was the last time you actually saw one on the road? I've seen a couple which I know are clones but good genuine ones are a rariety - mine needs mainly bodywork - trim & mechanicals are still pretty good.

My Gallery Photos Here
XR6WGN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2017, 09:24 PM   #68
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Anybody else seen this? It is an add on Carsales at the moment. Im still in disbelief someone could be so stupid

1996 Ford Falcon XR6 EL Manual
Private Seller Car
$75,000*
150,500 km
ODOMETER
Sedan
BODY TYPE
Manual
TRANSMISSION
6cyl 4.0L Petrol
ENGINE

Seller's Comment

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE ADVERTISED PRICE IS BASED ON WHAT THE SELLER WOULD CONSIDER ACCEPTABLE (TO THEM) TO PART WITH THIS VEHICLE. THE SELLER HAS OTHERWISE NO NEED TO DISPOSE OF THIS VEHICLE.

CONSEQUENTLY, DO NOT MAKE CONTACT TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THE PRICE, MAKE A STATEMENT OR TO PROVIDE AN OPINION - IF THIS IS YOUR INTENTION, REFER TO THE END OF THE SELLER'S COMMENTS SECTION FOR MORE INFORMATION.

Offered for sale is a one-owner 1996 Tickford XR6 EL Ford Falcon 5-speed manual sedan. This car is in absolute show room condition and looks better today than when driven out of Dale Ford on New Year's Eve in 1996. Over the last 21 years, its averaged just over 7,000 km pa and is now only driven once a month to keep the battery charged. Always kept in the garage, safe and sound, it’s now a rare Ford collector’s item. If you are after a classic example of 6 cylinder Australian performance motoring, you won't find any other car like it. It's been extremely well looked after and serviced on time, every time with a full log book history. It is in mint condition and has never been in an accident.

The vehicle was ordered from the factory with an optional passenger-side airbag, cruise control and tow bar. The original 15" Ford wheels (that will be sold with the car) were replaced this year with new (and original) EL GT Falcon 17" wheels, shod with new 235/45 Bridgestone Potenza rubber.

The only other modifications to the vehicle include:

- replacement of the original shock absorbers with high-performance Bilstein gas shocks/struts.
- a new 2.5" stainless steel sports exhaust system and extractors (original exhaust manifold available if wanted).
- new DBA cross-drilled and slotted brake disk rotors and high-performance brake pads.

The car also has remote central locking, power door mirrors, power steering, front power windows, limited slip diff (LSD), tinted windows and leather steering wheel. Both original sets of keys are also included. The vehicle recently had the original number plates (QTE265) upgraded to the new plates, 96 XREL. These new plates will be sold with the car.

Most car experts agree that the Ford Falcon EL Tickford XR6 (especially in 5-speed manual form) is the best 6 cylinder performance sedan produced in Australia last century and this is the best example you are ever likely to find.

It is not intended that the vehicle be purchased as a P-platers first car or an every day drive but as a long-term investment by a serious collector / investor. Considering its early 1970's Falcon forebears are now selling for several hundreds of thousands of dollars, it represents good investment value to the right buyer at $75,000 (seventy five thousand dollars).

It is set to significantly increase in value over the years as mint condition examples of this vehicle become even rarer than they are today.

Only serious buyers and collectors please. All reasonable offers considered.

RESPONSE TO BED-WETTERS

Bed-wetters and anyone else just wanting to complain about the price or to say "ya dreaming mate", especially those that have an infantile need to send rude and personally abusive messages to someone they don't know about a car, save yourself the effort and grow up

(This bloke doesn't seem to understand the saying ''The pot calling the kettle black'' posted by op.)
au350hp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 30-10-2017, 10:17 PM   #69
TICKFORD220
2009 Fg xr6 turbo

No they are not rare at all,to be found in good condition,certainly a rarity.
Any e series xr6/8/ghia etc for that matter.
TICKFORD220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 31-10-2017, 03:39 PM   #70
Bossxr8
Peter Car

How many decades would it take to be worth the for sale price? Obviously you can't sell it for its potential value in 5 decades time. That's just idiotic. And more than likely not it will never even end up worth more than 20k anyway even if they do become kind of collectable.

If that's the case I should sell the house I'm building for $10 million cause it will be worth that in a 100 years or so
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 31-10-2017, 04:04 PM   #71
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roostercam View Post
Anybody else seen this? It is an add on Carsales at the moment. Im still in disbelief someone could be so stupid

Private Seller Car
$75,000*
150,500 km
ODOMETER
GO FURTHER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2017, 06:29 PM   #72
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:

Private Seller Car
$75,000*
150,500 km
ODOMETER
Sedan
BODY TYPE
Manual
TRANSMISSION
6cyl 4.0L Petrol
ENGINE

Seller's Comment

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE ADVERTISED PRICE IS BASED ON WHAT THE SELLER WOULD CONSIDER ACCEPTABLE (TO THEM) TO PART WITH THIS VEHICLE. THE SELLER HAS OTHERWISE NO NEED TO DISPOSE OF THIS VEHICLE.

CONSEQUENTLY, DO NOT MAKE CONTACT TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THE PRICE, MAKE A STATEMENT OR TO PROVIDE AN OPINION - IF THIS IS YOUR INTENTION, REFER TO THE END OF THE SELLER'S COMMENTS SECTION FOR MORE INFORMATION.

Offered for sale is a one-owner 1996 Tickford XR6 EL Ford Falcon 5-speed manual sedan. This car is in absolute show room condition and looks better today than when driven out of Dale Ford on New Year's Eve in 1996. Over the last 21 years, its averaged just over 7,000 km pa and is now only driven once a month to keep the battery charged. Always kept in the garage, safe and sound, it’s now a rare Ford collector’s item. If you are after a classic example of 6 cylinder Australian performance motoring, you won't find any other car like it. It's been extremely well looked after and serviced on time, every time with a full log book history. It is in mint condition and has never been in an accident.

The vehicle was ordered from the factory with an optional passenger-side airbag, cruise control and tow bar. The original 15" Ford wheels (that will be sold with the car) were replaced this year with new (and original) EL GT Falcon 17" wheels, shod with new 235/45 Bridgestone Potenza rubber.

The only other modifications to the vehicle include:

- replacement of the original shock absorbers with high-performance Bilstein gas shocks/struts.
- a new 2.5" stainless steel sports exhaust system and extractors (original exhaust manifold available if wanted).
- new DBA cross-drilled and slotted brake disk rotors and high-performance brake pads.

The car also has remote central locking, power door mirrors, power steering, front power windows, limited slip diff (LSD), tinted windows and leather steering wheel. Both original sets of keys are also included. The vehicle recently had the original number plates (QTE265) upgraded to the new plates, 96 XREL. These new plates will be sold with the car.

Most car experts agree that the Ford Falcon EL Tickford XR6 (especially in 5-speed manual form) is the best 6 cylinder performance sedan produced in Australia last century and this is the best example you are ever likely to find.

It is not intended that the vehicle be purchased as a P-platers first car or an every day drive but as a long-term investment by a serious collector / investor. Considering its early 1970's Falcon forebears are now selling for several hundreds of thousands of dollars, it represents good investment value to the right buyer at $75,000 (seventy five thousand dollars).

It is set to significantly increase in value over the years as mint condition examples of this vehicle become even rarer than they are today.

Only serious buyers and collectors please. All reasonable offers considered.

RESPONSE TO BED-WETTERS

Bed-wetters and anyone else just wanting to complain about the price or to say "ya dreaming mate", especially those that have an infantile need to send rude and personally abusive messages to someone they don't know about a car, save yourself the effort and grow up

(This bloke doesn't seem to understand the saying ''The pot calling the kettle black'' posted by op.)
Umm...yeah, we've all seen it, it was posted on the previous page and discussed, did you even read the thread?
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2017, 06:38 PM   #73
wicksy
Just a bogan VF SS driver

i know of a 5spd EF XR8 with a tickford kit, sitting away in a paddock doing nothing, only has 150,000 or so on it
Old 31-10-2017, 06:38 PM   #74
Skatewaverider
Starter Motor

I’d imagine this guy has received a lot of nasty unusual messages hence reading the ad again LOL
Skatewaverider is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2017, 10:24 PM   #75
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Umm...yeah, we've all seen it, it was posted on the previous page and discussed, did you even read the thread?
Perhaps the reason this irritates you so much is that you stayed up all night checking every forum member to confirm that ''we've all seen it''
Old 01-11-2017, 03:45 PM   #76
Mesa
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Are EF XR6 manuals worth anything?

My son and I found this a month ago:

[IMG][/IMG]

Bought it very cheap and it now looks like this:

[IMG][/IMG]

Is it worth anything now??
Mesa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2017, 04:02 PM   #77
Skatewaverider
Starter Motor

Possibly $75000 😂😂😂
Skatewaverider is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 01-11-2017, 04:05 PM   #78
auxr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nope - wouldn't pay anything over 50K for it.
auxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2017, 04:21 PM   #79
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That's strange. Mine was fully optioned and I don't remember it having a basketball hoop...Seriously, the things that let these down in the looks dept, are the headlights & front bar, the front seats and rear window seal. Mechanically, the front rotors, suspension, head & trans, possibly clutch cable pulling thru firewall hole. If all these things are good and the body is straight, you might get $4000 atm. Personally, I would either get the suspension sorted if it is a series I, put on wheels & tyres and enjoy driving it OR put it away untill 2020 and see what happens. What does it owe you?
Old 01-11-2017, 04:29 PM   #80
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren290 View Post

image]image[/URL]

image]image[/URL]

Great job on the paint.

In fact the whole car looks great....well done!

2016 Falcon XR8. Powered by the legend that is - David Winter.
XC Cobra #181.
1985 Mack Superliner, CAT 3408, 24 speed Allison.
Mercury Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2017, 04:29 PM   #81
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicksy View Post
i know of a 5spd EF XR8 with a tickford kit, sitting away in a paddock doing nothing, only has 150,000 or so on it
It needs to get chucked up on Carsales for 75k.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2017, 05:21 PM   #82
NickosBF2XRT

Quote:

image]image[/URL]

image]image[/URL]

Wow, great too see you breath new life into that ol thing. It looked like it was ready for the scrap yard. How much does it owe you
Old 01-11-2017, 05:34 PM   #83
Mesa
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Owes under 1k atm. It's a series 2. It's only had a polish and wax. We found and repainted the front bar though.Needs a couple of doors and boot lid and a few sundry items like a cheap r/h indicator (ha ha). Mechanically it runs and drives fine. It does need radiator and a/c condenser. It had been sitting for 10 years, last registered in 2007. Previous owner hit a stop sign and parked it.
Mesa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2017, 10:01 PM   #84
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Owes under 1k atm. It's a series 2. It's only had a polish and wax. We found and repainted the front bar though.Needs a couple of doors and boot lid and a few sundry items like a cheap r/h indicator (ha ha). Mechanically it runs and drives fine. It does need radiator and a/c condenser. It had been sitting for 10 years, last registered in 2007. Previous owner hit a stop sign and parked it.
The good thing is, the base model is easier to maintain than the high series equivalents and besides the indicators, everything else is available in repro or thru wreckers/online for reasonable prices. The series II was definitely the pick of the two with the revised suspension angles. It does appear to have the series I alloys though. I thought all II's had the 16'' sharkfins, they're generally easy to get and look very good for a factory wheel, especially if you lower the car slightly. Extractors & a 2.5'' system will help a lot. Nice job, and considering it would not cost you more than $3000 to really take it up a notch, its a fairly rare car to have in that condition that owes you little. Nice one.
2 users like this post:
Old 02-11-2017, 12:45 PM   #85
TICKFORD220
2009 Fg xr6 turbo

Quote:
There is nothing more satisfying than having the vision to know you can revive something somebody else has given up on
Good job.
Ive seen the indicators advertised on ebay,are they infused with hard drugs or something,the prices are sky high!
TICKFORD220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2017, 11:02 AM   #86
GASWAGON
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6WGN View Post
Been thinking about spending a bit on my wagon lately. Since I purchased my FG, the wagon has taken a long earned rest but now it's not being used much at all.

Thing is - this year, I caught up with the last car I regretted selling - XD ESP. (6 cyl 4 spd) When I sold this back in the early 2000's it needed a rebuild, the person who purchased from me said that he would do it - it didn't happen. Earlier this year, it popped up for sale on Facebook after sitting in a person's yard basically since I sold it. After fighting every emotion I had not to buy it back, the person who did buy it, got it mobile and he was gracious in letting me drive it - all the great memories I had of that car flooded back and it made me think of just how much the wagon means to us as a family car.

I'd never get any great price for the wagon with over 500,000 kms on the clock but when was the last time you actually saw one on the road? I've seen a couple which I know are clones but good genuine ones are a rariety - mine needs mainly bodywork - trim & mechanicals are still pretty good.
I see a few around in Melbs, saw a grey one just the other day in pretty good condition and my wife said hey thers a wagon like your old one!

I remember when I had mine I was driving down the South Eastern freeway right next to a red one in much better condition than mine and we both put our thumbs up as we cruised.

A good condition XR6 Wagon like yours being so rare as they are will surely one day bring some decent numbers...DON'T sell it!!!
GASWAGON is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 03-11-2017, 11:39 AM   #87
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TICKFORD220 View Post
There is nothing more satisfying than having the vision to know you can revive something somebody else has given up on
Good job.
Ive seen the indicators advertised on ebay,are they infused with hard drugs or something,the prices are sky high!
If it was possible to do it for a decent price, get somebody to remake the EF EL XR indicators or modify the non xr shape to suit. When I had my EL XR8 I had two complete spare fronts , in case of a low speed rear ender which would be all it takes to trash the lights & front bar. That was 4-5 years back and the indicators were the same price then.
Old 03-11-2017, 04:06 PM   #88
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
It does appear to have the series I alloys though. I thought all II's had the 16'' sharkfins
No, they didn't. Even ELs had 15" as standard, although they were a different design. EF and EFII XRs had the same 15" rims. 16" didn't become standard on XRs until the AU.
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2017, 09:16 PM   #89
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NX74205 View Post
No, they didn't. Even ELs had 15" as standard, although they were a different design. EF and EFII XRs had the same 15" rims. 16" didn't become standard on XRs until the AU.
I beg to differ re EFII XR's not having 16''s. I believe that was one of the changes, and the AU sharks were slightly different with flat edges on the spoke. I have owned most of the cars mentioned, that is my reference point, but Ford do all sorts of crazy option sales during each models lifetime, so anything is possible. I am sure E series wheels fit AU but not the other way around.
Old 03-11-2017, 09:18 PM   #90
Rallye Sport
RS The Faster Fords

I've noticed a couple of EF XR's parked up in my suburb.
White XR6 in a carport, on blocks, missing wheels and a red XR8 on the side of a driveway just fading away in the sun. They're one of my favourite XR models, always wondered whats going on with them, but with no garage space left no point door knocking to ask.
FG XR50 Daily.
Rallye Sport is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post