Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 30-03-2020, 09:10 AM   #901
Pis-ton broke
Banned

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post
First we got issued with rainbow lanyards and then the Qld government hired emotional crisis managers available to staff if the gay vote didn’t go as planned.
are you serious, bloody fat cat bureaucracy.

+ one for public service pay cuts and some job losses.
4 users like this post:
Old 30-03-2020, 09:25 AM   #902
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

That's because there's no accountability for management with budgets and the KPI's aren't thought through and they're vague, an example may be processing claims within X time period but it doesn't matter if you do it wrong 15x just as long as it's 'processed' within the timeframe.

It's the oldest trick in the book and human nature to exploit it.

It's like fixing lost time injuries in a workplace - stop recording them.

How many LTI's did we have this quarter? None!

That's the difference between having data and using data analytics to read into it, very rarely does someone do the latter properly.

Ask accountants about exchange rate changes, price increases and inventory levels and watch the one sided argument that will occur.

It's not just government, this same blindness occurs in corporate groups too.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 30-03-2020 at 09:32 AM.
3 users like this post:
Old 30-03-2020, 02:09 PM   #903
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

The economic tsunami is building up. We've been told that our company will be working three day weeks from next month. And the dominoes continue to fall.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Old 30-03-2020, 02:21 PM   #904
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:

Landlord, renter moratorium sounds good, but I can see this moratorium causing scams, rip-offs and frustration everywhere - and ScoMo’s answer you’ll need to work it out between the landlord, the renter, and the bank.

How do you maintain a depreciate schedule, what does this mean to signed legally binding contracts (as they make no provision for this), is negative gearing included in the moratorium, how do you sell a unit in the midst of a rental moratorium, what will this do to prices, do lines of credit still apply, what are the tax implications, the mind boggles at the can of worms this has opened. Until this is fully understood then as a landlord with an empty unit, I might simply leave the unit empty rather than accept unknown risks/costs.
Problem from my perspective is that it looks from the outside as though they saw an opportunity to vote buy in the early stages by throwing money at the unemployed and families on welfare who would otherwise be Labor voters, all that unnecessary 'stimulus' which ironically wont even make its way to the intended target until they're all unable to spend it, could/should have been saved and put towards wage subsidies which would have avoided a hell of a lot of job losses.
Had they moved straight to a wage subsidy system then many households would be able to meet their essential expenses being a roof over their heads and food on the table and it wouldn't have needed to go as far as impacting on Landlords to such a degree.
Scomo said they couldn't just run with a model that other countries have adopted, and whilst that's probably a fair analysis, im not sure how throwing away good money to people who would be least impacted by this is a better way of getting to the end goal.

Something tells me if they had their time again it would unfold very differently.
Personally I'd have started with closing the National borders to anyone other than Australian citizens on the first day, giving anyone a week to get home, in the mean time close all state borders to all non essential travel and stop the movement within the country to isolate each states outbreaks.
Instigate the 10 person rule straight away and tighten it when necessary.
The two most likely places for person to person spread is within the workplace and schools as these are the places where members of families who otherwise would never come in contact, are linked, keep the workplace open, close the schools, half your risk eliminated.
Whilst all this preventative measures are going on without destroying the economy and business, get your finance dept onto a plan to instigate a wage subsidy system and gradually hibernate business as required starting with those impacted in order, ie. airlines and booking agencies due to restrictions on travel, hospitality, , education/childcare sectors etc. etc.
A gradual action/reaction system in order to maintain control rather than jumping all over the place from one aspect to another, no wonder he looks so tired.
I can excuse Scomo for the path he's chosen to take because this is something no one could have prepared for in any detail, but in order to improve you need to learn from your mistakes and if I was Scomo i'd be taking a good hard look at the people writing his material and whether he's getting value for money...

My2c.
2 users like this post:
Old 30-03-2020, 02:46 PM   #905
creative
I am Batman

Quote:
Landlord, renter moratorium sounds good, but I can see this moratorium causing scams, rip-offs and frustration everywhere - and ScoMo’s answer you’ll need to work it out between the landlord, the renter, and the bank.
There is one missing link there... Property Managers and Real Estate offices.

For example, if the Govco stop rental payments, the banks stop mortgage payments to help the landlords and no money flows, that will wipe out the real estate industry. Most, if not all realestate PM departments work on fees being paid on money collected.... No money, no fees.

If the RE has to close the doors, who looks after the property.

As for scams it has already started from tenants. We are working with tenants and owners to get everyone through this time as much as possible but we have had one tenant contact us last week and say the place he works has closed and he needs help. We always ask for proof, which he sent through... and looked suss as. So we contacted his employer and surprise surprise, they were still open and he was still working.

The missus also works for fair trading NSW and they are copping an absolute hammering at the moment both in volume and in abuse from people that just dont get it.
Rebuilt Boss260 with #Kellogs 1500hp forged and balanced crank#Manley forged flattop pistons with a 9.5/1cr#4340 forged h-beam rods with arp bolts#Clevit performance rod and main bearings#full ARP headstud kit#total seal rings#Mantic twin plate development clutch and lightened flywheel#Mellings uprated oil pump#Mainforce Performance Supercharger kit#AU motorsport 345mm big brake kit.

Now producing 369.7rwkw/496rwhp@6000 and 515ft/lb torque @ 11 psi.
Now sat on an engine stand going nowhere
This user likes this post:
Old 30-03-2020, 03:11 PM   #906
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Is that (provide false or misleading information, intent to obtain financial benefit by deception) a sufficient enough breach of contract to wind up the lease?
Old 30-03-2020, 03:15 PM   #907
creative
I am Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Is that (provide false or misleading information, intent to obtain financial benefit by deception) a sufficient enough breach of contract to wind up the lease?
Even if it was, we cant. NSW has a hold on all eviction processes, except ones already in motion. A landlord cant take their property back AT ALL during this time.
Rebuilt Boss260 with #Kellogs 1500hp forged and balanced crank#Manley forged flattop pistons with a 9.5/1cr#4340 forged h-beam rods with arp bolts#Clevit performance rod and main bearings#full ARP headstud kit#total seal rings#Mantic twin plate development clutch and lightened flywheel#Mellings uprated oil pump#Mainforce Performance Supercharger kit#AU motorsport 345mm big brake kit.

Old 30-03-2020, 03:20 PM   #908
MercuryT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
As mentioned on ABC Insiders this morning, it's about time public servants felt some pain. While private sector workers are losing their jobs in the millions the public sector thinks it's immune, for now. It won't be, time to clean up the rort that is state and federal public sector workers.

Sent from my SM-T515 using Tapatalk
That is a very unfair and outdated generalization.
Old 30-03-2020, 03:36 PM   #909
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
The economic tsunami is building up. We've been told that our company will be working three day weeks from next month. And the dominoes continue to fall.
Similar. We got told today that as of next week we'll be on 4 day weeks (5th day unpaid even if you have annual leave owing, to keep it the same for everyone).

It's only going to get tougher.
Old 30-03-2020, 03:39 PM   #910
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative View Post
There is one missing link there... Property Managers and Real Estate offices.

For example, if the Govco stop rental payments, the banks stop mortgage payments to help the landlords and no money flows, that will wipe out the real estate industry. Most, if not all realestate PM departments work on fees being paid on money collected.... No money, no fees.

If the RE has to close the doors, who looks after the property.

As for scams it has already started from tenants. We are working with tenants and owners to get everyone through this time as much as possible but we have had one tenant contact us last week and say the place he works has closed and he needs help. We always ask for proof, which he sent through... and looked suss as. So we contacted his employer and surprise surprise, they were still open and he was still working.

The missus also works for fair trading NSW and they are copping an absolute hammering at the moment both in volume and in abuse from people that just dont get it.
Also, during the moratorium is the landlord expected to pay council rates, insurance, water, and electricity. Wear and tear and repairs to his property? It sounds like a gift to anyone looking to freeload on accommodation.

Another ScoMo feel-good statement design to warm the hearts and minds, but without the governance that is required, as you pick this apart it has the makings of "pink batts" on steroids!
2 users like this post:
Old 30-03-2020, 03:56 PM   #911
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative View Post
Even if it was, we cant. NSW has a hold on all eviction processes, except ones already in motion. A landlord cant take their property back AT ALL during this time.

Geez, that creates risky times depending on who is aware of the new regs.
3 users like this post:
Old 30-03-2020, 03:57 PM   #912
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

how can anyone have every dot dotted and every t crossed......
Tell me cheap ?
As for pink bats on steriods, stupid comparo its bloody nothing like it one bit !
Its millions of times worse what the problem is they are dealing with, a moving target as you well know and decisions made hourly somehow right or wrongly.
Pink bats wasn't a moving target but sheer utter gov incompetence of the highest order but thats not worth even bringing up FFS under the circumstances.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
4 users like this post:
Old 30-03-2020, 04:16 PM   #913
creative
I am Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
Geez, that creates risky times depending on who is aware of the new regs.
yep.... going to be alot of work when this all starts calming down just to get things back on track.

On friday I heard of one RE company stand down ALL their staff for a month without pay... thats everyone, sales, PM's, admin.... feel sorry for their owners that they look after!

Im fortunate where my boss is VERY good at this and has a crisis plan in place to support the business for 6 months, even if income reduces to nothing. All staff ( over 30 of us) are still secure so I can rest easy for a bit.

Old 30-03-2020, 05:16 PM   #914
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
how can anyone have every dot dotted and every t crossed......
Tell me cheap ?
As for pink bats on steriods, stupid comparo its bloody nothing like it one bit !
Its millions of times worse what the problem is they are dealing with, a moving target as you well know and decisions made hourly somehow right or wrongly.
Pink bats wasn't a moving target but sheer utter gov incompetence of the highest order but thats not worth even bringing up FFS under the circumstances.
If you can't deal with someone else's opinion, maybe the Cake decorating for transvestites forum may be a better option for you to hang out at...
3 users like this post:
Old 30-03-2020, 05:41 PM   #915
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

One possible good thing to come out of all of this is that I noticed a lot more people out walking and, especially, riding their pushies yesterday on a beautiful day.

Mate owns the LBS; bet he's been almost as busy as at Xmas time

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
4 users like this post:
Old 30-03-2020, 05:51 PM   #916
MercuryT
Banned

As per the other thread on "I hate that", had the bumper smashed on my R36 today.

Know the (top) bloke who did it and......i ensured we had a great laugh about it when we spoke.....whilst i love the car and it sucks sure, it is absolutely nothing in the scheme of things globally nor did he mean to do it!!

As per my other post, IMO we need to look after each other in these difficult times, try and keep calm and positive when possible : )
Old 30-03-2020, 05:59 PM   #917
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
If you can't deal with someone else's opinion, maybe the Cake decorating for transvestites forum may be a better option for you to hang out at...
I countered someones opinion I treaded lightly for what it was worth.
Weird suggestion wouldn't have ever entered my mind but I guess you may know, enjoy but no thanks.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
4 users like this post:
Old 30-03-2020, 06:06 PM   #918
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
One possible good thing to come out of all of this is that I noticed a lot more people out walking and, especially, riding their pushies yesterday on a beautiful day.

Mate owns the LBS; bet he's been almost as busy as at Xmas time
Same in our neighbourhood, I walk 10k per day in 2x5km stints and I've noticed a big increase in the new faces out and about either walking or cycling, its great to see.
On a personal note, I picked up my 8yo's home learning package this morning but before we sat down and got started on the first days tasks she joined me on my 5k morning walk followed by an hour in the kitchen preparing homemade pumpkin soup for tonight's dinner.
She gets a bit of exercise that she wouldn't necessarily get at school and learns a bit in the kitchen and the Wife gets to come home from work and not have to worry about preparing a meal, win, win.
Old 30-03-2020, 06:14 PM   #919
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
I countered someones opinion I treaded lightly for what it was worth.
Weird suggestion wouldn't have ever entered my mind but I guess you may know, enjoy but no thanks.
Haha. 😂 One does not have to agree at all with someone else. Lord knows I don't. But one should not censor what the other is arguing about, eg pink batts. It made sense to cheap and he is entitled to raise it as a point of consideration...
Old 30-03-2020, 06:15 PM   #920
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Another ScoMo feel-good statement design to warm the hearts and minds, but without the governance that is required, as you pick this apart it has the makings of "pink batts" on steroids!
Couldn't agree more! Even those labor party goons couldnt make a worse job of governing as scotty from marketing
Old 30-03-2020, 06:16 PM   #921
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Cake decorating for transvestites forum
link pls
Old 30-03-2020, 06:36 PM   #922
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Quote:
Old 30-03-2020, 06:41 PM   #923
MercuryT
Banned

The pictures of live dogs stuck in cages ready to go to "wet market" are just unbelievably shocking/distressing.

Obviously I was naive to it as never been there.

But these *wits have a screw loose thinking that butchering, cruely treating and then eating animals like this is ok.

I'm upset. And disgusted in humanity. They can get ******.
3 users like this post:
Old 30-03-2020, 07:08 PM   #924
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryT View Post
The pictures of live dogs stuck in cages ready to go to "wet market" are just unbelievably shocking/distressing.

Obviously I was naive to it as never been there.

But these *wits have a screw loose thinking that butchering, cruely treating and then eating animals like this is ok.

I'm upset. And disgusted in humanity. They can get ******.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...wQ&app=desktop

Many more videos out there of their meat markets. Also videos that have managed to get out of China of their authorities welding shut doors of apartment blocks to force people into isolation, gestapo like forced removal of civilians who are herded into vans & buses, off to christ know where and what fate they'll meet, beating of civilians on streets and inside apartment blocks for breaching their isolation rules.
But hey, mainstream media will pick on Trump for pronouncing a word wrong.
Old 30-03-2020, 07:21 PM   #925
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ||| View Post
link pls
I would love to claim this to be a delusional invention of my deranged mind, but I first heard about it maybe 15 years ago in relation to weird and obscure courses being offered at universities. I still don't know if it was a joke or an actual thing...
Old 30-03-2020, 08:04 PM   #926
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Can everyone please take a deep breath and calm down please.

I'm a member of several forums, and no, not the one mentioned above. This would have to be one of the very few forums that have allowed this topic to be discussed as openly as it has been.

Please don't wreck that by abusing each other and backing the mods into a corner and having to lock the thread.
Old 30-03-2020, 08:07 PM   #927
oldel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoo View Post
But hey, mainstream media will pick on Trump for pronouncing a word wrong.
China sucks, but don't defend Trump. Don't say it's unfair that they didn't lock down or the western world wasn't warned.
Everyone was warned but no one believed it would be a problem in the western world - because it never has been previously for sars and other epidemics...
It's called covid19 because the world knew about it in 2019.
No one cared, no one thought it could happen to them. It caught the western world napping and not believing it. But for some reason it's easier to blame the source rather than the inaction of people like Trump.
I don't care about trump, when stuff happens you look to your local leaders and government for action, not fantasize about blaming some country (which is no help)

Here's Mike Pompeo tweeting about sending supplies to China (and a reply from someone smarter)

https://twitter.com/NaphiSoc/status/...3D2755%23pti31
Old 30-03-2020, 08:20 PM   #928
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav View Post
No transvestites were harmed in the making of these crêpes.

6 users like this post:
Old 30-03-2020, 08:32 PM   #929
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldel View Post
China sucks, but don't defend Trump. Don't say it's unfair that they didn't lock down or the western world wasn't warned.
Everyone was warned but no one believed it would be a problem in the western world - because it never has been previously for sars and other epidemics...
It's called covid19 because the world knew about it in 2019.
No one cared, no one thought it could happen to them. It caught the western world napping and not believing it. But for some reason it's easier to blame the source rather than the inaction of people like Trump.
I don't care about trump, when stuff happens you look to your local leaders and government for action, not fantasize about blaming some country (which is no help)

Here's Mike Pompeo tweeting about sending supplies to China (and a reply from someone smarter)

https://twitter.com/NaphiSoc/status/...3D2755%23pti31
I wasn't defending Trump.
I was pointing out the hypocrisy and selective morals the media and most of the west have when it comes to who they want to direct some faux outrage against.
As mentioned, the contempt China has for fellow humans and animals is well documented yet we don't hear anything. Are the press too scared to touch on it... Scared they'll be called racist? Instead they're too busy quoting half a statement taken out of context said by Trump or something equally brainwashing and irrelevant.
4 users like this post:
Old 30-03-2020, 08:40 PM   #930
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

How China covered up, and helped spread Covid-19.

Closed Thread