Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-10-2020, 11:37 AM   #1
newi

Default Ford Reacquired Vehicle Program

Hi all,

If anyone has had experience with the Ford Reacquired Vehicle Program or Australian Consumer Law could they please send me a PM?

We have had no end of minor issues with our 2016 SZ2 territory and are currently going down this path but are getting some resistance from them.

Kind regards,

Paul
newi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 03-10-2020, 10:40 PM   #2
happy1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ford Reacquired Vehicle Program

Hi,
I think you will have absolutely no luck with that for minor issues such as ball joints, aircon issues, window switch issues etc, as these have not been major issues for majority of owners of the SZ Territory. It almost comes under normal wear and tear to have some repairs done after more than 3 years of ownership.

Just out of interest, how many km have you done with your SZ2?

Buy-back is for notorious things like the double-clutch issues on Ford Focus, where it is already a global problem or backed by consumer protection nation-wide action against Ford.

My work-colleague got a buy back deal for his 3 month old Toyota Kluger that had an engine noise, that vehicle had spent over one month in the workshop doing troubleshooting with no luck. Owner didn't want an engine swap to take place and demanded a refund instead, which he got.

Cheers,
happy1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2020, 10:18 PM   #3
newi

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy1 View Post
Hi,
I think you will have absolutely no luck with that for minor issues such as ball joints, aircon issues, window switch issues etc, as these have not been major issues for majority of owners of the SZ Territory. It almost comes under normal wear and tear to have some repairs done after more than 3 years of ownership.

Just out of interest, how many km have you done with your SZ2?

Buy-back is for notorious things like the double-clutch issues on Ford Focus, where it is already a global problem or backed by consumer protection nation-wide action against Ford.

My work-colleague got a buy back deal for his 3 month old Toyota Kluger that had an engine noise, that vehicle had spent over one month in the workshop doing troubleshooting with no luck. Owner didn't want an engine swap to take place and demanded a refund instead, which he got.

Cheers,
Yeah. I wasn't necessarily chasing a buyback - but it was something that was mentioned by them.

Its just been a really disappointing ownership experience. Its done 70,000 kays now but has been back to the dealership with over 10 instances of different things failing starting from before the 3,000km 'check'.

The idea of some of those things failing being 'normal wear and tear' on a $50k not even four year old car is bull****. Things like ball joints are just poor engineering and shouldn't be happening.

My mum has a $25k i30 with over 100k km on it and not one issue. My old man has an old Toyota Cressida with over 300,000 - no suspension replacement and his dash certainly hasn't been removed for climate control issues.

We are just over it and have no confidence in the car past the warranty expiring.
newi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2020, 10:52 PM   #4
happy1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Buy-back by dealer is nice of them,
but I would be surprised if you will be offered any more than at most $22.800 for it. (That's assuming the body is pristine, not a scratch)

https://www.redbook.com.au/cars/deta...OT-ITM-435214/
happy1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2020, 11:05 AM   #5
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

What issues?

You are covered under ACL if its not fit for purpose. I would be looking for a replacement vehicle e.g. an Endura?
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2020, 12:55 PM   #6
hayseed

The Main reason any Company Buys 'em back is to get the (Disgruntled) Owner to sign a "Non Disclosure" agreement, & put a lid on any Bad Publicity....
hayseed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post