Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 06-02-2011, 04:59 AM   #1
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Run out Mondeo deals in NZ

Ford are doing some very good run out deals on the previous model Mondeo, equivalent to the MB. I can buy a diesel wagon at a very good discount, but it does not have the new drivetrain.

Has anyone driven both the older and current model diesel powertrains? I'd like the new model with the Powershift, but am very tempted by the run out deal.

Old 06-02-2011, 10:43 AM   #2
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi NZ,

Can't comment on the differences between the drivetrains, as I haven't driven an MC - and probably won't as we are VERY happy with our MA - but the MA drivetrain seems to me to be OK and I really now don't notice it working unless I wan't to pass someone quickly. Then there is a slight turbo lag and then as rapid acceleration as the Territory provides - which is quite fast enough for me.

However I think that the latest iteration of the car has a newer diesel engine that provides better power, torque and fuel economy. If I was looking I would allow about 15% in the budget for those extras, since there will be a big hit on the resale value of the old model, that would be about $7,000 in OZ - I'm guessing about $9,000 in NZ.

So if the run out deals provided that sort of discount from new it would come down to whether or not I wanted the latest model.

Cheers

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2011, 02:44 PM   #3
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You must be talking about the earlier MB as the new engines & auto came towards the end of the MD model range [2010 Update Model] just need to find one and you have the best of both worlds

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2011, 10:47 PM   #4
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks for your comments. Unfortunately the upgraded diesel did not make it to NZ until the new model which is only now arriving at the dealers. I'd guess that the runout models were manufactured up to mid-2010 when the Mondeo changed to the new drivetrain in Europe. The NZ wagon spec is somewhere between your LX and Zetec.

Anyway, I've just signed up to buy one today - the on road price was $40,000 which is about $8,000 below the list for the new model. The trade in price for my 3-year old petrol wagon was better than I expected, which really made the deal for me.

Just have to decide on a colour - a very limited and uninspiring choice. I like Ink Blue but the sales guy wasn't sure if there were any left. Will probably go for Sea Gray as I don't ever want another black car - too hard to keep looking good. Any thoughts?
Old 09-02-2011, 07:28 AM   #5
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Mondeo colours are woeful, but Sea Grey does look good on the wagon with tint and a nice set of alloys.
MAGPIE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2011, 10:40 PM   #6
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well, it's all sorted. I pick up a Sea Grey diesel Mondeo wagon next Thursday. Will be very interesting to see what the drivetrain is - I'm told that it's not the Powershift but it's coming from another dealer so who knows.

I'm fitting the MAK wheels from my current wagon so will post photos this time.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:07 AM   #7
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Well done NZ. The diesels are great and you doing a lot of miles they make sense.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2011, 08:38 PM   #8
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

Magpie...I see a bit of vibration on the old speedo needle avatar. For real? Must be photoshopped.
And yeas colours are woeful, but as one salesman said...They are very European !!!
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2011, 11:51 PM   #9
Allusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanv6gt
but as one salesman said...They are very European !!!
Ironically the Europeans get different colours
Allusion is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2011, 06:48 AM   #10
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanv6gt
Magpie...I see a bit of vibration on the old speedo needle avatar. For real? Must be photoshopped.
And yeas colours are woeful, but as one salesman said...They are very European !!!

Not photoshopped, just a Subaru speedo doing it's start up sequence.
MAGPIE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post