Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 09-04-2008, 09:44 AM   #1
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Default Alarm and central locking

I know I don't go to a lot of dodgy places, and that my TDCi Hatch is always parked under cover (at least I try to), but I've been reading about an alarm on the Mondeo. Is this only on the XR5? I've never set mine off, and I don't get any beeps when the car is locked. How would I know if I have one?

My dealer is trying to tell me that the central locking can only work from the driver's side. In my trusty Futura, there was a handy button on the dash that locked all the doors. My partner gets a bit iffy about not having the doors locked at all times (watching too much SVU I think). Someone out there will know if you can set the locking mechanism to work from both the driver's and passenger's side.

Also, is it possible to have the key re-configured so that when I press the lock button once only the driver's door opens and two presses opens all doors?

I've got the Euro book from the Colonel, but it doesn't say anything in there about this (not that I've seen).

Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2008, 12:24 PM   #2
Katoomba

I have set the alarm off on my Zetec. I had double locked the doors when I was sitting inside and when I opened the doors with the handle the alarm went off.

My car is not here today but from memory the only central locking is via the small latch on the driver's door.

After living in Sydney most of my life, I'm with your wife (although I hate SVU and just about all US crime shows): I like to drive with doors locked although there's probably a safety issue there in the event of an accident.
Katoomba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2008, 03:55 PM   #3
jared79
Sock Puppets

I have set off mine as well, after I locked the doors and then tried to open the hatch. I always double lock the doors. Mainly cause I like to see the indercators flash to tell me I have locked the car. But I also think the extra sercurity is good.

Ford Mondeo Zetec Hatch in Blue Ambition
jared79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2008, 06:56 PM   #4
LRsedan
Now XR5hatch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katoomba
I have set the alarm off on my Zetec. I had double locked the doors when I was sitting inside and when I opened the doors with the handle the alarm went off.

My car is not here today but from memory the only central locking is via the small latch on the driver's door.

After living in Sydney most of my life, I'm with your wife (although I hate SVU and just about all US crime shows): I like to drive with doors locked although there's probably a safety issue there in the event of an accident.
How did you unlock the door from the inside if the double lock was on? The handle shouldn't work if its double locked. Thats the point of it.

You might want to get it checked?

Also if you drive with the doors locked, in an accident they will auto unlock.

On my XR5's HMI display I have received a message upon getting into my car of a morning saying "alarm triggered". Though I never heard it go off during the night? I tried to make my alarm sound with no luck, I too was wondering if there is an audible part?

Did anyone get the alarm package they flog with all the extras (tint, paint protection etc?).
LRsedan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2008, 12:27 AM   #5
TheColonel

The standard alarm on the XR5 does make one hell of a sound when it goes off, ah good times... so yeah it's audible
Old 10-04-2008, 07:45 AM   #6
Katoomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRsedan
How did you unlock the door from the inside if the double lock was on? The handle shouldn't work if its double locked. Thats the point of it.

You might want to get it checked?
You're quite right, of course. The doors would've only been single-locked.

As the Colonel said above, the alarm makes one hell of a noise.
Katoomba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2008, 07:37 PM   #7
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheColonel
The standard alarm on the XR5 does make one hell of a sound when it goes off, ah good times... so yeah it's audible
I double locked the car, and then shut the hatch, but not all the way. The horn started sounding honk-honk-honk etc... is this the alarm?

No XR5 here, TDCi hatch.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post