Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 07-06-2008, 08:01 PM   #1
Lord Viykor
XR5 convert

Default XR5 fuel economy

Just curious what everyone else is getting out of their XR5's,so far I've found my best economy is at around 80km/h. According to the readout I'm getting 7.1 to 7.4l/100km.

If this is accurate I'm impressed to no end, my Adventra was getting 11.1l/100km at it's best. With around 15 to 16l/100km around town. So far the XR5 is getting around 11l/100km around town at it's worst.

This car just impresses me more and more everyday, the few small things that need looking at don't dent the joy of driving it around.

The mods: Window tint | Fomoco alloy pedals | Red painted brake calipers | THB Bury bluetooth | Bluefin | GGR CAI | Bilstein B6 sports dampers | Eilbach lowered coils | 2XS Inhaler (Top Induction Pipe) | EBC Ultimax discs and EBC red stuff brake pads | Mongoose 3" dump with Mongoose 3" 200 cell cat into custom system with Varex mufflers | Forge re-circ valve | Airtech intercooler coming soon
Lord Viykor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2008, 08:21 PM   #2
paulie0735
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Mine has 8,000 k's on it from new and I haven’t reset the TC yet (don't intend to anytime soon) my driving is 80% suburban commuting and I do tend to use a bit of throttle most of the time. Average is sitting on 10.2 L/100, average speed is 43kph, that’s the average over the full 8,000 k’s since brand new. Not bad, it’s about what I was expecting......... happy!
paulie0735 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2008, 10:47 PM   #3
ian b

I am just about 6000kms, and do a mix of urban and motorway driving, the latter mainly M4 & GWH to Blue Mountains.
My trip computer tells me I am getting 8.9l/100km, sometimes showing 9 when I have done some traffic work. I calculate my economy after each fill and calculate the same figure so the trip computer is pretty accurate.
This is around the same as my old BA XT and better than the BA XR6 after that.
I am still taking it easy with the right foot so would be worse if driving harder.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:24 PM   #4
buts44
Starter Motor

I have nearly 9000 on my XR5 and trip computer is sitting on 9.1, which is made up of a mixed motorway and city traffic. Pretty happy with that as I am not shy with the right foot!
Old 09-06-2008, 09:39 AM   #5
DRU842
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Averaging about 10 - 10.5 around town which can be a lot of M5 stop start. Got into the low 8's on highway running to Cowra a few weeks ago; set cruise just above the limit.
2017 Mustang Lightening Blue, Cobb Intercooler, CAI, AccessPort, Turbo Blanket & V2 Exhaust, Mishimoto Down-Pipe & Overflow Tank, GFB DV+, Custom CRD Tune. Ford Performance Short Throw Shifter & Strut Brace. DBA T3 Brakes & Pads. Braided Brake Lines. H&R Coilovers. Anderson CF Track Pack Spoiler & Tailgate Panel. Blue CF/Leather Steering Wheel.
DRU842 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post