Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 29-04-2008, 03:52 PM   #1
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Default CD problems - again

I just put the one CD into my head unit that actually showed the name and track name, and now the f*cking thing won't come out.

It doesn't even show up on the unit as a CD, but it is playing, and when I press 'eject' it comes up with a 'Please wait' message and after about 3 minutes I gave up waiting and left it in there.

Anyone got any ideas of how to get a CD out? I pressed the eject button for a while thinking that it might help, but it just came up with 'please wait' and 'eject all', but it didn't reject it.

Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2008, 05:17 PM   #2
Katoomba

Can't help you on your CD problem but you've raised the spectre that worries me the most about buying cars (of any brand) at this level: with all the electronic gadgetry, there's just so much more to go wrong and probably cost an arm and a leg to get fixed (didn't someone mention windscreens are around the $1000 mark? Zetec keys are around $250-300 according my dealer - he wasn't game enough to tell me the cost if you'd lost both them which he says will require a new ignition harness.).
Katoomba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2008, 08:38 PM   #3
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
I just put the one CD into my head unit that actually showed the name and track name, and now the f*cking thing won't come out.

It doesn't even show up on the unit as a CD, but it is playing, and when I press 'eject' it comes up with a 'Please wait' message and after about 3 minutes I gave up waiting and left it in there.

Anyone got any ideas of how to get a CD out? I pressed the eject button for a while thinking that it might help, but it just came up with 'please wait' and 'eject all', but it didn't reject it.
try this...use a plastic ruler at one end use double sided tape slowly slide it in to one side of centre tilt the back end up[to press tape on cd] and try to lift the CD up unless you want to find a way of pulling the whole unit out!! good luck

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post