Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 21-04-2010, 04:45 PM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Question Mondeo Service Costs and Fuel Consumption ?

I am looking at a MB Zetec Wagon. I was quoted $462.41 minor service and $728.91 for the major service !!!!!!!!!! is that right ???..Dealer gave me a print out of the service schedule costs.
Thats nearly double what I pay to get my BF GHIA serviced.
From threads here, its not an economical car..gets what my GHIA does, out of a 4 ? Whats others experience on fuel consumption in the wagon ? Diesel doesn't interest me.
Cheers

Old 21-04-2010, 05:16 PM   #2
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

even though im not a mondeo owner, ring around other dealers, and they will give you different quotes. some for less, some for more.
fiestaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2010, 05:49 PM   #3
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Too much. My diesel is about $250 for a service. The other option is an Ultratune.
Do a search and there's bound to be a thread on here about servicing costs.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2010, 08:23 PM   #4
fordmondeoman

Gday dusty what fuel Economy do you get out of your diesel if you dont mind me asking.
With your servicing if you know anyone that works in a workshop get them to do it and use ford parts and make sure they stamp the book wont void any warranty and will save you a bit.
Old 21-04-2010, 08:59 PM   #5
LRsedan
Now XR5hatch!

My local ford is about $350 for a A service, B service I haven't done yet.

Thats for an XR5.

Not sure exactly where you are up there, but Nova ford at caboolture would be a good shot. They are the XR5 boys go to place in QLD. Talk to John Barnes in service dept, tell him Greg / MondeoXR5t sent you.

He'll give ya a ripper price on servicing.
LRsedan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2010, 09:03 PM   #6
burnz
VFII SS UTE

well i got a cruze diesel 6yrs/200,000k warranty with $256 fixed cost service.
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2010, 10:17 PM   #7
paulie0735
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
I am looking at a MB Zetec Wagon. I was quoted $462.41 minor service and $728.91 for the major service !!!!!!!!!! is that right ???..
No it isn't right, find another dealer.
paulie0735 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2010, 11:01 PM   #8
XtRmn8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Zetec sedan patrol. A service is about $230 and have not had a B service yet, but I would imagine about $350-$400.

Fuel consumption is about 8.7-9.3l/100kms. Get about 730-760kms from a tank and fill about 66-68l of ULP. DTE normally around 20-40km when filling up.
XtRmn8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2010, 03:20 PM   #9
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordmondeoman
Gday dusty what fuel Economy do you get out of your diesel if you dont mind me asking.
With your servicing if you know anyone that works in a workshop get them to do it and use ford parts and make sure they stamp the book wont void any warranty and will save you a bit.
I get about 8l/100kms and that's an average across nearly 40K. I do a mix of city during the week and probably about 600 - 700 kms each month on the highway.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2010, 07:30 PM   #10
fordmondeoman

Yeah not bad econemy for melb driving, im getting around 6.5 to 7 around town here in canberra but traffic not as bad here and there is some highway drving in that. engine still very new though so will get better once its breaks in
Old 22-04-2010, 08:57 PM   #11
Mick K.

This website has a price guide for most make and models including the 2.3 petrol MB

http://www.carservice.com.au/car-ser...&modelid=11717

MK
Mick K. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post