Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 19-05-2010, 12:11 PM   #1
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Default Mud Flaps

One of mine is coming off. It's the driver's side rear, so it's also covered in diesel loveliness.

I don't really want to have to take it back to a dealer to get them to fix it, as I can't be without it with a child.

It looks like only the top is loose. Are these clipped on or are they screwed in? I had a quick look today, and it looks like there is a clip, but no screw.

Thanks!

Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2010, 12:25 PM   #2
Dusty1
Giddy up!

'scuse the double post
Moderators, you can delete one of these.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Old 20-05-2010, 04:00 PM   #3
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi Dusty,

It's a clip that has two parts. A metal part that looks like an overgrown speednut and a plastic bit that is L shaped when looked at edge on.

The speed nut bit fits inside the plastic bit and they get pressed together with the metal bit going under the wheel arch flange and the foot of the plastic L entering a squarish hole in the mudflap and "pinching" it onto the arch flange.

If the flap is loose at the top, I suspect the foot of the plastic L shaped bit has broken off allowing the flap to work its way away from the wheel arch.

A fix isn't difficult if you can get both parts of the clip as a spare part - Good Luck!!!

I fitted my own flaps and might have the fitting instructions somewhere - Let me know if you want a copy and I'll go look for them

Cheers

Alan

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2010, 11:19 AM   #4
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Hi Alan, I reckon you've got it there. It is loose at the top, so I've lost something.

I'll have a look on the weekend and see if I can fix it with some items I have around the garage.

It's covered in diesel plaque so I'm not looking forward to it as I know it's going to be a dirty job.

Thanks!
Previous: