Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 17-04-2019, 04:51 PM   #1
123!FORD
Starter Motor

Default Do all mondeo come with rear camera and sat nav ?

What things do they have to stop me crashing into things ?

I am totally lost on newer cars, don't know which way is up. Spending 20 grand or so.
123!FORD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2019, 05:24 PM   #2
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Do all mondeo come with rear camera and sat nav ?

If you can,t drive without reverse camera and GPS maybe you shouldn,t be on the road.
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2019, 01:19 AM   #3
cooperplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
If you can,t drive without reverse camera and GPS maybe you shouldn,t be on the road.
His question is reasonable. There are some who would say if you can't tell an apostrophe from a comma, you shouldn't post on forums.
cooperplace is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 18-04-2019, 01:31 AM   #4
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes to rear camera. I think Sat Nav is available across the range too, but not 100% sure.
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2019, 11:53 AM   #5
sailaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by NX74205 View Post
Yes to rear camera. I think Sat Nav is available across the range too, but not 100% sure.
Not all do!
2010 Ford Mondeo Zetec TDCi Diesel

Colour: Frozen White
sailaway is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2019, 07:53 PM   #6
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailaway View Post
Not all do!
Whoops, I was assuming that the OP meant the MD range.

Definitely not all Mondeos have a rear camera.
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2019, 11:07 AM   #7
123!FORD
Starter Motor

Hello.

I am only looking at 2015-16 Camry and 2015-16 Mondeo. Still not sure, Camry was really nice.

Most dealers are saying they want $19,990. I looked on red book and I don't think that is the price. The value on red book is from 13.5-15.9k depending on a lot of things such a diesel. I was thinking to offer the mid of the range (depending on km and condition) plus $1- $2k depending on dealer equality? What is the going amount I should add to red book.

I haven't bought a car in a long time. They are all really good I am keen to get one soon.

What is the main difference between the trend and the ambient ? Does one have more power than the other ? I looked a lot up myself but it is hard to know exactly what is going on. Is it worth paying more for the trend ?

Thanks.
123!FORD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2019, 01:08 PM   #8
DougalXR6

I've owned a 2015 Trend Ecoboost hatch since new and am very pleased with it. The Ecoboost Trend has 177 Kw where as the Ambient has 149 Kw. The torque is 345 Nm for both however is developed at a different rev range.

You would be better to purchase a Trend as it has adaptive cruise control, pre-collision assist detection, lane keeping aid etc. All Trends come with Sat Nav and a rear camera.

I think you will find that the Mondeo is a much nicer car to drive than any Camry and has a higher quality Euro feel to it.

The only problems I've had with mine is a leaking washer bottle which turned out the be the seal around the pump and it now appears to have a very small coolant leak which the dealer was unable to locate at the last service. I will bring it to their attention at the next service.
DougalXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2019, 09:01 PM   #9
Mondaveo

Hey 123, it sounds like you're in a similar place as I was in the day. 2015 I was looking for a circa-2012 Mondeo so quite parallel to what you're asking.

Back then the trim levels were named LX, Zetec and Titanium (MC), now they are Ambiente, Trend and Titanium (MD). The philosophy is the same, LX/Ambiente is the lowest-spec fleet special (although still quite well-equipped, it's no poverty-pack) and Zetec/Trend is the intended entry point for private buyers (having more of the mod cons and styling options, though pricier for it). Titanium is the fully-loaded option (and getting quite exxy at new car price).

In terms of drivetrain the LX/Ambiente gets a downrated petrol engine while Zetec/Trend & Titanium get a punchier Ecoboost petrol. The diesel engine is the same across all grades.

When I was looking, the feeling I got was a 3yo LX would cost me up to $15K depending on mileage, and a 3yo Titanium would be around $24K (I was looking at wagons which are slightly pricier). In the end, I got a well-maintained 4/5yo Titanium for $22K private sale. I think the Redbook prices are probably the lowest you could realistically hope to achieve, but by all means quote it when you go in to bargain, if the seller is motivated you may get lucky.

The Camry would not be a bad buy by any means, but Toyota these days don't really compete on price and features (they know they don't have to), so you can get more car for your money with other marques. The tradeoff is resale - Toyotas as a rule hold their value extremely well, while Fords in general lose value sometimes quite precipitously. Mondeo gets an especially bad rap thanks to Powershift, but if you're comfortable with all that it just makes it all the more attractive as a used car bargain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondeo View Post
Like 'Mondeo' is possibly Latin for gearbox anxiety.

Last edited by Mondaveo; 23-04-2019 at 09:16 PM.
Mondaveo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post