Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 15-11-2020, 01:33 PM   #7621
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Yeah but how many people handle the same pen.
Everyone, but it gets wiped with the same sanitiser and cloth as the chairs and bench
Old 15-11-2020, 01:55 PM   #7622
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Everyone, but it gets wiped with the same sanitiser and cloth as the chairs and bench
That's good, I've noticed lately punters walking into cafes, not using the sanitisers provided and straight to the pen where others have previously done the same. Hence why I ask, this seems a very good way of spreading it, not stopping it to me.

Old 15-11-2020, 02:43 PM   #7623
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Does anyone else think that it's ironic that the Gov Covid App got shouted down yet people are happy to use the Q code.

(But as I'm not far from the bottom of the IT ladder perhaps I'm missing something.)
Federal govt app and the states do their own thing if they want to use it or not.
Vic government health service decided not to use it for a while through the pandemic for privacy concerns.
Shame governments cannot work together as one would hope.

As for QR code no different to Covid app, I just laugh at all the privacy laws debacle, reason why I say this there is no such thing as privacy especially when you use access internet via PC's, phones and other electronic devices etc as your information and movements are being monitored with data being collected.

Tell me if I'm wrong? which I doubt.
Old 15-11-2020, 02:49 PM   #7624
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
That's all my wife uses in her Hair Salon...time/name/phone number.
And all this time I thought you were the receptionist.................
2 users like this post:
Old 15-11-2020, 02:51 PM   #7625
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
And all this time I thought you were the receptionist.................
Old 15-11-2020, 06:10 PM   #7626
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officemanager View Post

As for QR code no different to Covid app, I just laugh at all the privacy laws debacle, reason why I say this there is no such thing as privacy especially when you use access internet via PC's, phones and other electronic devices etc as your information and movements are being monitored with data being collected.

Tell me if I'm wrong? which I doubt.
Kind of. When you use the internet, the sites and services you use collecting your data are bound by the same act. So if EVERYONE plays by the rules, then in theory your data should be kept safe. And only the people you agree to give it to will have it.

There is a small loophole however. If the data handler tells you that they are collecting your data to do X (usually done in fine prints and T&Cs) then they can use it to do X e.g. sell it to 3rd parties. How many people read the full T&Cs before clicking "I agree"
Old 15-11-2020, 06:15 PM   #7627
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Bunnings is apparently doing pretty much that - or gearing up to; everything from facial recognition to maximum data harvesting.
Old 15-11-2020, 07:09 PM   #7628
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Bunnings is apparently doing pretty much that - or gearing up to; everything from facial recognition to maximum data harvesting.
Was watching a doco the other day, and they were showing how they have developed technology that can measure the distance between people in shopping malls, and the "zone" will flash red if people were not doing it. Security guards would then go to that area and enforce social distancing. More interesting was that the software could tell who was and wasn't wearing a mask, even in a crowded area.

And yes, the doco did say the Aust government were looking at it.....
Old 15-11-2020, 09:00 PM   #7629
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Kind of. When you use the internet, the sites and services you use collecting your data are bound by the same act. So if EVERYONE plays by the rules, then in theory your data should be kept safe. And only the people you agree to give it to will have it.

There is a small loophole however. If the data handler tells you that they are collecting your data to do X (usually done in fine prints and T&Cs) then they can use it to do X e.g. sell it to 3rd parties. How many people read the full T&Cs before clicking "I agree"
I agree with what you say but there is more to what you think they are collecting on you.
Personally I don't give a toss as I accepted years ago Govco, Banks IP's etc know more about me than what I know about myself.
No such thing as privacy in this world these days unless you go off grid and live like a hermit but then they probably spy on you with satellites.
Old 15-11-2020, 09:51 PM   #7630
prydey
Rob

3 community transmission cases in SA today, with more likely as more family members show symptoms. All cases are members of the same family, related to a member of staff at one of the medi hotels. 80, 60 and 50 years of age.

first community transmission cases since april.

currently 19 active cases in SA with only the most recent 80yr old in hospital. Authorities expect that to rise though as the 3 cases today have visited multiple shops in the last few days.

Hopefully they get a handle on it quick.

edit, looks like a 4th person already as another close contact tests positive later today
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-...ntine/12885746
Old 16-11-2020, 04:34 AM   #7631
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Are we heading to a somewhat ironic reversal of requirements, where South Australians will be compelled to quarantine if they enter Victoria? This little outbreak does sound like it has potential for a lot of spreading.
Old 16-11-2020, 08:30 AM   #7632
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

SA cases may double. The person's infected family also has connection to aged care. Please please learn from Vic and lock down aged care now. And ban all cross shifts temporarily.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 16-11-2020, 09:30 AM   #7633
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
SA cases may double. The person's infected family also has connection to aged care. Please please learn from Vic and lock down aged care now. And ban all cross shifts temporarily.
They're reporting 17 cases from the SA outbreak now, i think its about to explode here.
Old 16-11-2020, 09:47 AM   #7634
Trevor 57
is now there

I hope they get on top of it quick
Old 16-11-2020, 09:56 AM   #7635
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officemanager View Post
By OHS laws and road laws you the public are responsible for securing your own load, you take responsibility once load is in your possession.

Cheers.
nothing in OHS law about securing loads, well not in Victoria anyway and all States copied Victorian OHS law back in 2012 (except W.A)

However if you are talking about the Load Restraint Guide which is referenced in road law then you are correct (Gas should be familiar with the LRG )
Old 16-11-2020, 11:58 AM   #7636
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

What a complete cluster ****, im currently sitting outside the Lyell Mcewen hospitals COVID testing clinic, this is where the outbreak was first discovered on Friday evening. Im here with my Wife and 2 kids as we all have sore throats runny noses and headaches.
Its been an orderly process up until this point, grab a mask and number, wait for it to be called, then 5 minutes ago a nurse comes out and says if you're Asymptomatic head towards this tent, all of a sudden every man woman and child swarm for the tent and all end up within 10cm of each other before the security gaurd announces that Asymptomatic means no symptoms so half of them all step out of the mob, i guess if you didnt have it and you ended up in that mob with the people with symptoms you'll likely be back again soon.
Old 16-11-2020, 11:59 AM   #7637
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Good to see the national approach touted after last National Cabinet lasted 3 days.

WA, NT, Tas have all panicked and closed to SA this morning. I suspect QLD will soon follow.

Well done Premiers/First Ministers.....
Old 16-11-2020, 12:47 PM   #7638
Bossxr8
Peter Car

https://www.caradvice.com.au/901168/...50-ok-for-now/

Covid has resulted in Isuzu having to stop D-Max production for up to 3 months. Will probably effect the BT50 as well. Not what you want when you have just launched a new model.
Old 16-11-2020, 12:50 PM   #7639
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 23:59 GMT November 15th, 2020.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

17 new cases for Australia and no deaths so the CMR drops to 3.271% while active cases remain at 1,331. NSW recorded 9 cases while SA and WA recorded 4 cases each - with more to come in SA.

3 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.249% and active cases rise to 58.

The UK had a lower 24,962 cases yesterday. We know they are now not counting their mortalities by the WHO guidelines so we are going to ignore the CMR but even using their method they recorded 168 deaths.

Just over 159k new cases in the USA yesterday and 1,257 deaths sees CMR drop to 2.238% and active cases rise to 36.4% with the raw numbers rising and now over 4M. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points (it's the weekend again):
Asia passes 15M cases;
The USA completes 168M, Russia 68M, France 19M, Turkey 16M, Japan 3M, Greece 2M and Georgia 1M tests.

Albania (597);
Belarus (1,315) - the 6th consecutive day;
Azerbaijan (2,259) - 22% above the high yesterday;and
Iran (12,543)

... all
recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive days.

Observatio Facta Rotae

4 users like this post:
Old 16-11-2020, 12:54 PM   #7640
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Murdoch press are rightly pointing the finger at Victorian premier Dan Andrews for the outbreak in South Australia.

Premier Andrews needs to do the right thing and resign immediately, the item insisted.
Old 16-11-2020, 01:12 PM   #7641
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123 View Post
Good to see the national approach touted after last National Cabinet lasted 3 days.

WA, NT, Tas have all panicked and closed to SA this morning. I suspect QLD will soon follow.

Well done Premiers/First Ministers.....
Vict have declared S.A. as a hot spot. All this from a returning traveler who didn't do the right thing (sound familiar???). I wonder if ScoMo or Steven Marshall will be charged with workplace manslaughter if someone dies as a result
Old 16-11-2020, 01:14 PM   #7642
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse View Post
Murdoch press are rightly pointing the finger at Victorian premier Dan Andrews for the outbreak in South Australia.

Premier Andrews needs to do the right thing and resign immediately, the item insisted.

of course it was Dan's fault, he put the return traveler on a plane overseas (when he suck out of the country for 30 seconds in between press conferences) and ensured they went to S.A. coz that is a Liberal State
Old 16-11-2020, 02:01 PM   #7643
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
Vict have declared S.A. as a hot spot. All this from a returning traveler who didn't do the right thing (sound familiar???). I wonder if ScoMo or Steven Marshall will be charged with workplace manslaughter if someone dies as a result
From what we're being told they we're in a medi hotel in quarantine, a worker contracted it and it spread through their family and on from there.
Its crazy at the testing centres, took us 3.5hrs to be sedn and the lines there have exploded in size not to mention the other one we passed on our way home.
We're under 72hr quarantine now but just thinking about the people ive been in contact with in the past 5 days is extremely concerning to say the least.

Last edited by BENT_8; 16-11-2020 at 02:06 PM.
3 users like this post:
Old 16-11-2020, 02:27 PM   #7644
Trevor 57
is now there

please tell me it wasn't a security guard (worker) who contracted it
Old 16-11-2020, 02:45 PM   #7645
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
I wouldnt be surprised Trev, the partner of this worker is employed at the local prison so not unlikely that they're both employed in that field.
Old 16-11-2020, 02:55 PM   #7646
Trevor 57
is now there

damn!!!!!
Old 16-11-2020, 03:16 PM   #7647
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
At the presser this afternoon he let it out of the bag that it was a security guard. IMHO he shouldn't have said anything, let the SA premier do the talking. Apparently the guard took it home to his "large" family. Exactly the same scenario as Vic. Whats more worrying is that the family has connections to Aged Care. This is deja vu.

States should have had enough time to watch Vic and learn and put in controls. Lets see. Ring of steel around Aged Care homes is a must.

I don't understand the resistance to tighten Vic's borders. Declaring it a hotspot...so what? All they are doing is asking questions of arrivals........sorry....that is a really weak control. Shut the borders for 2 weeks and see if they can contain it. We are not going into lockdown 3!
5 users like this post:
Old 16-11-2020, 03:18 PM   #7648
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

I feel for any Saussies who arrived in Tasmania today; instant 14 day quarantine. If you’d booked a two week holiday, you’d be gutted.
Old 16-11-2020, 03:32 PM   #7649
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
At the presser this afternoon he let it out of the bag that it was a security guard. IMHO he shouldn't have said anything, let the SA premier do the talking. Apparently the guard took it home to his "large" family. Exactly the same scenario as Vic. Whats more worrying is that the family has connections to Aged Care. This is deja vu.

States should have had enough time to watch Vic and learn and put in controls. Lets see. Ring of steel around Aged Care homes is a must.
!
Yep, I just watch that too. Security guard.

Old 16-11-2020, 04:04 PM   #7650
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The current administration in the USA seem to be doing less and less to try to solve their Covid problems. Perhaps the leader has taken his foot off the pedal...
3 users like this post:
Closed Thread