Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 18-11-2020, 12:59 PM   #7711
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Given your (and your families) circumstances, would it be worthwhile going into self-isolation, Bent? I know that's a painful process, but it certainly seems like you have all the symptoms, and the risks associated with you having it are pretty high, by the sounds of it.

Your only other choice is to get tested again, but that also exposes other people and potentially spreads it further whilst doing so, especially at one of the mobile testing sites which seem well patronised atm.
Agreed, not painful though really as we we're proactive the first time around back in March where we isolated for a month voluntarily.
Iv'e been off work this week and just heard that all our bookings have been cancelled so nothing to go back to anyway.
You're right with regards to the testing situation, from what i saw on Monday im actually surprised there hasn't been more cases.
This user likes this post:
Old 18-11-2020, 01:10 PM   #7712
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Didn't the inventor of the pcr test say its not the appropriate test for CV19?

So much fake news being thrown around these days it's hard to know what to believe.
Not sure about that but from what i'd heard the swabs are meant to be taken from way back in throat and nose and this is what i was expecting on Monday so i was surprised when the nasal swab barely went in. I went in with my Son so not only did i experience it myself i watched it done on him and didnt think his nasal swab was inserted far at all either.

I dont know what ive got but its unlike anything ive had before, one minute i think im feeling better and the next im feeling crap but the cough, sore throat and headache is constant.
Old 18-11-2020, 01:22 PM   #7713
Trevor 57
is now there

My wife tells me that Vic are testing on the S.A. border as people come into Vict, given the low numbers so far, probably a good thing instead of shutting the borders. I am not sure what sort of testing, full swab or just temperature
Old 18-11-2020, 01:27 PM   #7714
peaterj
Donating Member

I live pretty close to the Hollywood Plaza hot zone, although i haven't been there for over a month .I don't have any symptoms so i'm not bothering to get tested even though i'm in the older age category.
Had to take cancer dog to the vet this morning for a check up , they had chairs spaced around the carpark all the staff were wearing masks only one person at a time was allowed in.
3 users like this post:
Old 18-11-2020, 01:40 PM   #7715
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 23:59 GMT November 17th, 2020.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

10 new cases for Australia and no deaths so the CMR drops to 3.267% while active cases rise to 1,349. NSW recorded 4 cases while Queensland recorded 1 and SA recorded 5 cases.

4 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.247% and active cases rise to 61.

The UK had a lower 20,051 cases yesterday. We know they are now not counting their mortalities by the WHO guidelines so we are going to ignore the CMR but even using their method they recorded 598 deaths.

Just over 162.5k new cases in the USA yesterday and 767 deaths sees CMR drop to 2.190% and active cases rise to 37% with the raw numbers rising and now over 4.2M. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points:
Global deaths set a new daily record of 10,230;
Africa passes 2M cases;
Oceania passes 1,000 deaths;
The USA completes 171M, India 126M, UK 39M and Portugal 4M tests.

Albania (694);
Algeria (1,002);
Palestine (1,068) - 20% above the previous high;
Bulgaria (4,828);
Serbia (4,994) - 32% above the previous high;
Jordan (6,454); and
Iran (13,352)

... all
recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive days.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 18-11-2020, 02:11 PM   #7716
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

SA press conference live now, going hard on shutdowns.
Old 18-11-2020, 02:24 PM   #7717
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
Really?

Nurses and doctors have managed to get it even wearing full ppe kit. It's just one of those things that you can't protect against 100%.
Yes really,

Exactly even more reason for them to take control and isolate them on Christmas Island or the NT quarantine station they converted.
At least out there they can not go home, they can not visit their friends, they can not go to the shops, they can not go out the front of the building and share cigarettes and best of all they can not spread it around a local community if its miles from anywhere.

They chose not to come back when they were told to do so early in March, they should expect the conquences.

5 users like this post:
Old 18-11-2020, 02:27 PM   #7718
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
My wife tells me that Vic are testing on the S.A. border as people come into Vict, given the low numbers so far, probably a good thing instead of shutting the borders. I am not sure what sort of testing, full swab or just temperature
Yeah but what about the ones who came here earlier ?? from what I heard they were only testing airport arrivals or from now on at the border.
They are expecting people to self isolate but we all know how well that works.

Old 18-11-2020, 02:30 PM   #7719
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
That's not what this article is reporting, Trev:

Quote:
Truck drivers entering Victoria from its western border will be requested to undergo testing from Thursday when the first checkpoint opens in Nhill, Victorian Health Minister Martin Foley announced.

But Mr Foley has conceded there was "absolutely nothing" stopping SA drivers from entering Victoria without health screening, despite those checks being mandatory for all air arrivals.

"Not at the moment because the risk criteria says that that's not necessary," Mr Foley told radio station 3AW on Wednesday morning. "These things are a lot more manageable at airports."

"We are very much relying on South Australia's good will."

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
Old 18-11-2020, 03:09 PM   #7720
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post

They chose not to come back when they were told to do so early in March, they should expect the conquences.
This is a bit short sighted. Yes, some maybe chose not to but many didn't have a choice.
Old 18-11-2020, 03:24 PM   #7721
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
SA press conference live now, going hard on shutdowns.
Yep, SA into a Vic style lockdown for 6 days from midnight tonight.

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/coron...38895e7a400dcf

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
Old 18-11-2020, 04:08 PM   #7722
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
This is a bit short sighted. Yes, some maybe chose not to but many didn't have a choice.
Yes harsh, in your opinion.

March was a long time ago now.
I put this on par with Jan/Feb this year, tourists were repeatedly told NOT to travel to high risk fire regions along the Victorian, Gippsland coast but did anyone listen, nope they had to evaquate around 5000 people who were not supposed to be there.

Old 18-11-2020, 05:18 PM   #7723
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

OK so its officially crazy out there.
Cars everywhere, including my side of the road, lines of people outside every shop and bottle-o.

Listening to the radio people are buying up supplies like its the last chance to ever eat again
2 users like this post:
Old 18-11-2020, 05:19 PM   #7724
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
That's not what this article is reporting, Trev:
ooohhhhh, ****, here we go again
Old 18-11-2020, 05:20 PM   #7725
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
OK so its officially crazy out there.
Cars everywhere, including my side of the road, lines of people outside every shop and bottle-o.

Listening to the radio people are buying up supplies like its the last chance to ever eat again
I have heard dunny paper is goooooonnneee
Old 18-11-2020, 05:23 PM   #7726
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This SA outbreak is a different strain again.
Supposedly you catch it much faster than the other strains around.
2 users like this post:
Old 18-11-2020, 05:24 PM   #7727
prydey
Rob

Quote:
ooohhhhh, ****, here we go again
Only fair given the number of dirty vics we've had to deal with

Probably a Victorian that started this outbreak.
Old 18-11-2020, 05:26 PM   #7728
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I have heard dunny paper is goooooonnneee

Saw evidence of that a couple of days ago
Old 18-11-2020, 05:31 PM   #7729
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

SA goes into lockdown from midnight. Nothing stopping SA's entering VIC via road.
What could possibly happen at the border I wonder?

But tennis players might not be allowed into VIC next month for the lead up tournaments to the Aus Open?? Hmmm...

Mr Andrews, don't f**k this up. Close the border to SA NOW!
Old 18-11-2020, 06:21 PM   #7730
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
SA goes into lockdown from midnight. Nothing stopping SA's entering VIC via road.
What could possibly happen at the border I wonder? image

But tennis players might not be allowed into VIC next month for the lead up tournaments to the Aus Open?? Hmmm...

Mr Andrews, don't f**k this up. Close the border to SA NOW!
Do I get a hint of no confidence in you towards your beloved leader Daniel Andrews by leaving the border open.
Old 18-11-2020, 06:28 PM   #7731
Mulva
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Without stockpiling I just happen to already have all my prescriptions recently filled, plenty of grog and enough food in the fridge for a couple of days - and supermarkets will remain open - so what to do from here?

Do I just place on online order for Wollies to deliver something Friday to get me through?

Or do I claim I have sovereign citizen rights as a traveler under maritime law, and I am not a corporation that has entered into a legal contract of obligation with the SA government, and therefore **** is just like Barley's and rules 'n stuff don't apply to me?
Old 18-11-2020, 06:34 PM   #7732
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officemanager View Post
Do I get a hint of no confidence in you towards your beloved leader Daniel Andrews by leaving the border open.
No, wrong. I have no confidence in those dirty South Australians doing as they've been asked and staying put.
Old 18-11-2020, 07:13 PM   #7733
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officemanager View Post
Mark McGowan's presser this morning was a beauty!! Held back nothing. I'm trying to find the video but it doesn't seem to have been posted anywhere.

He said NSW strategy is to let the virus in then track and trace. WA strategy is to keep the virus out. MM believes WA strategy is much better than NSW strategy

Also smashed the federal MPs and opposition for their treatment of Dan.

Said he has faith the SA premier will follow medical and expert advice, rather than federal MPs

The decision to keep Vic open could be linked to national logistics. I'm hearing a lot of supplies, including food, pass through Victoria. For what reasons I don't know. That could be a reason why there is hesitation to close the borders.
Old 18-11-2020, 07:33 PM   #7734
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
The decision to keep Vic open could be linked to national logistics. I'm hearing a lot of supplies, including food, pass through Victoria. For what reasons I don't know. That could be a reason why there is hesitation to close the borders.
Most East-West transport usually pass through the top end of Vic between Renmark and Mildura.
Old 18-11-2020, 08:03 PM   #7735
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG17 View Post
This SA outbreak is a different strain again.
Supposedly you catch it much faster than the other strains around.
they been trying to tell the rest of us that for years
that they are different better faster , them SA'ers

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
Old 18-11-2020, 08:08 PM   #7736
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

I stayed at that peppers hotel about 10 times last year on business. Nice place apart from the zombies...

SA’s test and trace is obviously as weak as Victoria’s was if they have to shut down so drastically.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 18-11-2020, 09:37 PM   #7737
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

While there is some good news on the efficacy of the vaccines, it is probably at least 1-2 years away until we can rely on that.

In the meantime I don't think it is wise to do this whole shutdown/open up thing regularly either. So where do we balance it out?

I know we have a national cabinet where we do have consensus on how to deal with generally but it appears the test, trace and quarantine procedures differ between states and territories and for me they should be consistent.

In my thinking that makes borders less an issue if it is consistent but am I wrong or over simplifying it?

Thank **** we live here though where there has at least been attempts in good faith to get on the same page despite some bickering in contrast to the US.

Like them we are a federation and while their situation is indeed complicated by 50 states in comparison there seems to be no real attempt made at all.

1m cases a week at the moment which with a CMR between 2-4% = 20-40k could die for every week that trend continues.

Whatever is going on here pales in comparison
Old 18-11-2020, 10:12 PM   #7738
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

LOL at SA. VIC had the toughest restrictions in Australia. SA as usual, got all jelly and said no no we can't have that. WE want the record of having the toughest restrictions in Australia.

Poor SA. They try so hard.
Old 18-11-2020, 10:37 PM   #7739
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I went to Woolies tonight, partly to see if the SA panic buying had rubbed off in NSW at all. Patronage slightly up but more notable was an elevated amount of online order filling.
Old 18-11-2020, 10:39 PM   #7740
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

The latest Murdoch media (Herald Sun) vs VIC government story doing the rounds is a photo of Brett Sutton (VIC CHO), at Bright, on a picnic rug, but get this... he is apparently breaking his own rules by not wearing a mask!!

FMD! Could these cockroaches for journalists get any worse?
Closed Thread