Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 16-06-2016, 05:33 PM   #211
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: Ford Sat Nav Map Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by marg99 View Post
does this mean ford does not update previous versions of the satnav maps?
Yes they do, but for the old system and as it has been for some time and at this point in time, the only way to update is to replace the SD card with a updated version from Whereis as per below as they were the map supplier at the time.

https://ford.navshop.com.au/default.asp
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2016, 11:16 PM   #212
CatonaPC©

GTLEGEND, is there a way to check the map version on-screen in SYNC2? It's nice to know that Ford are going to update maps free of charge but it would also be nice to be able to verify that such a change has actually occurred.
CatonaPC© is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2016, 11:20 PM   #213
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatonaPC© View Post
GTLEGEND, is there a way to check the map version on-screen in SYNC2? It's nice to know that Ford are going to update maps free of charge but it would also be nice to be able to verify that such a change has actually occurred.
Yes, select the settings button on the bottom of screen (the right button of the 3), then on lhs pick help, then system at top of options in middle screen. It is the bottom item shows map level, K1, K2 or K3.

Not sure if it changes automatically, but it may need a master reset from the menu to clear and update the system...
Old 18-06-2016, 04:07 PM   #214
tce
BA WAGON

Is this a ford Australia thing or can we get the Same deal in NZ?
Old 18-06-2016, 05:08 PM   #215
AUSMINI

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
Yes, select the settings button on the bottom of screen (the right button of the 3), then on lhs pick help, then system at top of options in middle screen. It is the bottom item shows map level, K1, K2 or K3.

Not sure if it changes automatically, but it may need a master reset from the menu to clear and update the system...
Mine automatically updated to K3. Cheers.
AUSMINI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2016, 05:30 PM   #216
CatonaPC©

Mine shows K1.

I'm not sure what this means or how I can get it to K3. There is a button to update software, but haven't touched it as I'm not sure what it does.
CatonaPC© is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2016, 07:33 PM   #217
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tce View Post
Is this a ford Australia thing or can we get the Same deal in NZ?
Same deal in NZ....
Old 18-06-2016, 07:36 PM   #218
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Mine shows K1.

I'm not sure what this means or how I can get it to K3. There is a button to update software, but haven't touched it as I'm not sure what it does.
Dealer only update to you SD card. They will have to replace yours with a writable one, it is free under the program when you have your car serviced at Ford dealer, otherwise I think about $100.
Old 18-06-2016, 08:06 PM   #219
4cyl_Turbo

Quote:
Mine shows K1.
Mine shows K2.
Roads don't change in Adelaide too often, so should cover me 20 more years.😜
2018 Ford Focus SA Titanium - white (current)
4cyl_Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2016, 09:17 PM   #220
AUSMINI

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4cyl_Turbo View Post
Mine shows K2.
Roads don't change in Adelaide too often, so should cover me 20 more years.��
Try driving around Brompton, Mawson Lakes or Mount Barker. Cheers.
AUSMINI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2016, 08:30 PM   #221
alokin123

I am getting my 2012 focus serviced next week. Should i be asking for a free upgrade?
alokin123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2016, 10:46 PM   #222
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alokin123 View Post
I am getting my 2012 focus serviced next week. Should i be asking for a free upgrade?

No. My understanding is it only applies to SYNC 2 fitted vehicles.
Top_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post